1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Carroll & Wilshere on Toon's radar...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Hugh Briss, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Ok, this may not be strictly true... unless of course it was up to me to decide!

If / when Newcastle United return to the Premier League, which TWO players would be the first on your list?

I just think Carroll would be a better option than Mitro or Murphy and we could keep all the strikers as cover for inevitable injuries!

Jack Wilshere needs to be the main playmaker in a strong team - he would flourish I believe - and where better than SJP? Injury prone, but excellent additions to the squad nonetheless.

2. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Reasonable cover options but 99% of the time they'd be crocked so have to be seen as backups to Mitro and Shelvey for me. Wouldn't say no to either though.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Gylfi and Bony......

Hugh Briss likes this.
  4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Wilshere will remain at Arsenal I would imagine. Cazorla is getting on and they have uncertainty about Sanchez and Ozil. Wenger has said he regrets loaning him out. He wants to give him a new contract and believes he has a future there.

Carroll is a more realistic option. Personally think he is a cracking player. However would never sign him as lacks discipline off the field and as a result is injured a lot.

Would prefer we went for Sigursson if Swansea go down. Striker wise maybe someone surprising will become available to lower level clubs. It will be a world cup year afterall so players will want to play. Perhaps the likes of Sturridge, Batshuyi etc will be disillusioned looking for loan moves? Difficult one as they are out of our league even if we go up.

5. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

First season back we probably can't force the big teams to sell us their best players so we're better off focusing on achievable targets of disaffected or underused players:

Sakho, Wilshere, Rooney, Sigurdson, Ozil, Payet, Diego Costa, Wilfried Bony, Alexis Sanchez

We can then try and push on the season after.

G4rdToonArmy and Flash like this.
  6. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Wilshire yes but Carroll can go **** himself

The move was one thing but the dive I won't forget

He's a tosser

pauljohnhutch likes this.
  7. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Is this tongue in cheek? Sigurdson at a push, the rest are way out of our league or not right for a variety of reasons.

It's a long way away. There's whoever doesn't make it in the playoffs, whoever gets relegated and abroad. These are our markets. Top team cast offs rarely work out.

haslam likes this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

<laugh>

9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

A touch.

10. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

I've been shouting it for a while now.

Siggurdson!

A good, consistent creative attacking mid who scores goals.

Hefty fullback likes this.

11. PhilK

PhilK Active Member

Carroll spends 80% of the time on the sick. Shame as he's good when he can be bothered
    And I agree about "big club" cast offs. They never work. They seem to think just being at another club is enough not actually needing doing anything - we've had enough bench warmers at Newcastle as is. And no more French after Thauvin (Carr to blame there - everyone else said THEN that he wasn't worth a TENTH of what we paid)

12. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

From BBC reporting today

Gylfi Sigurdsson is coming in off the left-hand side for Swansea today. His first action is to fail to control a firmly-hit ball from Wayne Routledge.