1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cardiff 1 - BHA 3. Didn't see that one coming.

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by Sergei Gotsmanov, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Sergei Gotsmanov

Well, what can I say. Truly expected us to get done tonight. Judging by the commentary we thoroughly deserved the win and were the better side for all but 10 mins late in the first half.

Don't want to get carried away after 3 games but it is very nice to get a decent scalp under our belts as the first 2 wins were against poor opposition.

Also need to bear in mind that we had our form player, Buckley, out injured. Lua Lua not in the side. Noone who has been brilliant an unused sub. And one of our big summer buys, Hoskins, only came on late. So much attacking threat not even in the side!! That said, seems like Gus got his tactics spot on and we dominated the midfield with ball winners rather than wingers.

Bring on Blackpool. The Amex is going to be rocking on Saturday. Can't wait.

2. terrypaine

terrypaine Member

Let me add my congrats. Two South coast teams riding high.

3. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Credit where its due Sergei. Great start for you. Will be interesting to see the summary from the guys who went tonight.

4. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

We had a good twenty five minutes in the first half. Had we scored it could have been very different. However, once Brighton scored there was only one team in it. We need to find a new Roger J because Hudson looked aged and terrified at times. Ditto Gerrard. I'm an optimist but there's a lot of buying and loaning to do in the next two weeks.

All credit to Brighton. Also brought a good noisy crowd. Good luck for the rest of the season.

5. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

At Cardiff the results so far do not surprise us at all...you won fair and square we will bounce back.

Enjoy being top.

6. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

saints fan in peace well done for a great start to the season but saints are still top! Makes a change from last season. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season will be going to Brighton v Saints in Jan already looking forward to it!

7. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

Coventry were the only team to win their first three games last season so well done.

8. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis Member

Yeah well done Brighton, one of my favorite places - of which I have so many memories! The Ship on Ship Lane was a regular of mine, as well as the Barley Mow & The King & Queen, which has to be one of the biggest bars in the country. I could go on for hours lmao, so let's just say that if we're gonna lose to anyone, I'd rather it were you than anyone else. Good luck for the rest of the season, Seagulls!

9. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

Well played Brighton, thoroughly deserved the win and the size of the scoreline.

The first half was dominated by your midfield for 30 mins with little end product and then we came back in strongly and Ankergren made a super save from Conway.
    Once we had given you the first goal on a plate, there was only one team in it.

All the best for saturday!

10. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

No arguement from me about who the best team on the night were, long way to go but you're setting out the foundations for a good run<ok>
    Well played and good luck for the season.

11. Sergei Gotsmanov

Not used to all these very gracious comments from fans of a defeated team. How refreshing. It's all to easy to blame the ref or your own team when you lose so fair play for giving us some credit. Makes a change from having to endure the constant bleating from Saints and Palace.

12. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

The Cardiff bunch on here are a good lot and most welcoming (unless you are QPR) <ok>