1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carden in as Coach????

Discussion in 'Non-League' started by Kenilworth88, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Kenilworth88

Kenilworth88 New Member

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/...-Carden-as-coach-but-not-his-No2-19072011.htm

It seems Carden has been offered a trial period with luton regrding a coaches position, what are peoples thoughts on this?

Personally dont see any problem myself if he proves himself to be able to do a good job during his trial period. Him and Brabin certainly seems to have had a good and relatively successful working relationship at Cambridge.

There does seem to be a little bit of outrage on Outlaws(nothing unusual there) saying its just jobs for the boys etc. but isnt it quite common for new managers to bring in their own backroom staff from previous jobs?

2. 10goalpayne

10goalpayne New Member

I agree.
    Brabin needs to manage/recruit his staff as he sees fit now he's the boss. I'm only surprised its taken so long to announce something as I thought it was obvious when Carden came to an amicable ending with Cambridge despite having a year to go on his deal.
    I'm also pleased he'll not be a player as quite frankly he did not impress at all in a town shirt last season. He didn't feature once Brabin took over from Money did he so it does seem that Brabin makes his own decisions.

3. Kenilworth88

Kenilworth88 New Member

Dont want to be a bringer of bad news but he came on as a last minute sub last night!

I'm guessing it'll be a case of him being hired(if he is) primarily as a coach but maybe keeping him registered as a player in case of emergencys.

He certainly wasnt a revelation last season as a player but i do feel as fans we have been a little harsh, he was played along side Keane, both players are very similiar and certainly didnt compliment each others game. It was a very defensive midfield pairing which lacked creative spark, he as the newcomer and not being Keane took the brunt of the abuse when probably other more senior players should have got their share as well.

Interestingly i thought the couple of good games he had (and IMHO he did have a couple) was when he was partnered with someone else other than Keane.