1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Nov 5, 2016.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

The Manager - Go - Round could be in full swing again . I hope Bradley stays till New Year just for the sake of the players not having to start over with another one ..BUT .. if Bradley is sacked soon I hope they reinstall Curtis and Adams

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Roof, I would rather the players start all over again, at least then there is a chance of us picking up some points between now and the new year. Keep the idiot we have in charge till then and we will be 100% down. Lets get someone in who can actually get us playing and have a game plan. We have gone rapidly backwards under him. If that was possible.

3. seabreeze

So how has the throw away Bic Lighter " Knee Jerk " firings working for us lately lefty , if Bradley is let go after only FOUR games, the new one will be our 5th manager in the last 35 games .

4. trundles left foot

As bad as that sounds Roof, they have to realise how bad a mistake they made employing him in the first place, just because he was American. I know it sounds stupid to remove him, but they need to acknowledge how big a mistake they made. As bad as it sounds yes he needs to go if we want any slight chance of staying up. This guy is so far out of his depth that we will be 100% down by January, bite the bullet and give a proper qualified manger the chance to keep us up.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. seabreeze

For those that wanted Guidolin sacked after only 7 games , with improvement in his last 2 games against the biggest clubs , and now are calling for the sacking of Bradley ... be careful what you wish for .
    If we lose next game against Everton and Bradley is sacked , we will start the 13th game of the 2016 - 2017 season with the 3rd manager this season ...13 GAMES .
    I really couldn't care less anymore who the manager is anymore , only that the players are given time with one and as far as I'm concerned it should still be Guidolin .
    However , that's water under the bridge and I'm fully behind Bradley and will be well beyond 4 or 5 games .

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  6. trundles left foot

As much as I didn't want Guidolin, he was more experienced and far more competent than Bradley at this level. There is no comparison between the 2 in my opinion. One knew what he was doing, even if he was negative, the other should be managing in L2.

7. seabreeze

Guidolin is one of the most expierenced manager around and the most expierenced we've had I believe .
    Shortlisted for Inter Milan since his sacking and now also by Real Betis speaks volumes to what we know as a club of late about Guidolin .
    I'll also say at this point , I'd take Paloschi over Baston ...never mind how much they cost .
    Fairly bitter is old roofer , but optimistic that we will be in a lot better shape come New Year if we leave Bradley at the helm . I realise I'm totally in the minority toward what I'm saying but I refuse to believe I'm wrong.
    Please let Bradley be the only voice till the New Year , otherwise I expect catastrophe in team moral if another mouth opens and the players have to listen ...again .

DragonPhilljack and Turkish like this.
  8. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

9. Newportswan

Sorry Roof but would you leave Kevin Cullis in charge just because you dont want another voice opening that the players have to listen to.At least Kevin Cullis brought Jan Molby to the club what on earth has Bob brought.

10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Bob is now 2/1 odds on for the sack after 4 games!!!!!!.......... <laugh><laugh>

What a board room of nuggets we now have, Huw you Pleb........ <laugh><laugh><laugh>

11. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

12. seabreeze

For one thing, Cullis quit after 2 games and the next guy lasted the same 2 games while the club was in the depths of despair heading down with over a half season played.
    We are talking getting a third manager , after the second manager manager has had 4 games in charge with both manager facing nine of the top ten teams after a dozen games in The Premier League .
    Funny how the managers and players ( trying to get a foothold )have come under incredible pressure while the owners ( new and old ) seem to be off the blame radar .
    All I'm saying is we need a manager and his players to have time together without pressure from the owners , board and fans while trying to find some form .
    If we hire another new guy he will need some games to get up to speed and we are past letting that happen ...just my opinion , my eggs are in Bradley's basket

13. Newportswan

Kevin Cullis was run out of town after 2 games in charge in Feb 1996. He brought Jan Molby to the Swans to be a player coach but Jan took over as manager and remained so from Feb 96 to Oct 1997. He also took us to the play off final which we lost 1-0 to Northampton Town.So sometimes you have to quickly cut out the dead wood and make a change. And the same thing is happening now Guidolin was sacked to make way for the new owners choice Bradley.

14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

15. Newportswan

There is one guy who is available he is a free agent has Premier league experience he even won it. Give him a bell his name is..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    ROBERTO MANCINI

16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Gulp!

But he will want paying.

17. Newportswan

He is not working, and on no ones short list and the funny thing about football is if you are not in the shop window you are quickly forgotten. It could be just the ticket for him and us.

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Roofer, I have enjoyed your posts on here, but one thing I must say, and that is this, I don't give a damn for our players other than a handful, if I had my way most would be out of our great club, and so would Jinx with them! Unless we really pull out all the stops for a top class striker, and midfielder, we are down, make no mistake about it, and we will not be back any time soon!!....... <ok>

19. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think that you are correct Phil - if we go down, we won't do a Burnley and bounce straight back. More likely that we will be more "a la Blackpool"...<sorry>

20. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what makes you think a "top class striker" would want to join Swansea in the present circumstances?

55282 likes this.