1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can't believe it!!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

On my mobile back in car. When Healy came on with about 10 mins to go I looked at the odds on him scoring. It was set at 14/1 so I had a fiver on it.....

Just checked - 75 quid back in my account.....<party>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  2. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Good for you, Sparkey. Enjoy it!!! Couldn't go to a better person.... except for me, of course!!!!!

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Crap game but a good result for City.........................and me. <laugh>

4. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Good call Sparks. <ok>

What would have been the odds on us having Harris, Kennedy and Healey on the park at the same time? Or even in the 18 squad?

What a poor game. Both sides as bad and such a fussy referee. Has he heard the word advantage and, if so, does he know what means? He blew his whistle with every outward breath. I was amazed he let the goal stand.

The game cried out for someone in the middle of the park with some guile and skill. Whitts anyone?

5. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Nice one Sparkey <ok>

6. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Spark, you are The Gambler (cooler than Wahlberg too!)

Nice little header from Rhys, again, same as Kadeem last week 2 shorter players getting on the end of headers is great to see.

I can't help thinking with everyone on facebook and news reports etc saying "thank god mangas back", why? I think we have been better without him.

7. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

The ref was horrendous, looked like they'd bought him in from a European league and he'd never seen a Championship game before this one. Every tiny bit of contact was rewarded with a free kick. The game was terrible and he made it significantly worse.

Fair play to Healey he sniffed out his one chance and took it. I wonder how many more opportunities he'll get in the first team after that. He certainly deserves another go, it's not like we're inundated with match winners. I thought Kennedy looked OK considering how little football he's had. Our threat down that side definitely increased once he was on.

8. BluefromBridgend

I have been a big fan of Connolly in the past but he has gone steadily down hill this season and was pretty useless at right back on Saturday against a poor attack. Admittedly he shouldn't have been there as playing Peltier at left back has the same effect. While again I'm not a big fan, if Bennett was injured, then I would have put Declan in at left and put Peltier in his favoured position at right.

However, if we revert to a back 3 then Manga, Bamba and Morrison must be the chosen option as it enables the full backs to get forward and make us more effective offensively. I have been very critical of Calamity Manga in the past but he has been much better as part of 3 cb's and I think he is more comfortable with this as it gives him cover should he have one of his "creative" moments.

Alternatively, if as rumoured, he wants away then getting him back will enable us to get good money for him (probably not the £5m we paid but certainly half of that) and get his high wages off the books. That in turn frees up money for Colin to strengthen the squad.

9. BluefromBridgend

Fully agree on the ref Stevo. Every time he breathed out he blew his whistle. Typical fussy small man syndrome - with apologies to all vertically challenged contributors on here. <whistle>

I was pleased for both Healey and Kennedy. Healey looks to be a six yard box predator but not much else. I'm not sure we can afford him in a starting eleven unless we play 4 4 2. He is very lightweight and doesn't have the stature or pace to compete with big defenders on his own. May have a part as an impact sub when we are chasing a result.

Kennedy looks like he has shed some of the poundage he acquired over the summer - and the stupid haircut. Was definitely a threat on the right as Harris was before he got switched. Kennedy put in one great cross which was begging to be put away - unfortunately we had no one even close in the box. <doh>

If he is fitter and can maintain that then it will be almost like having a new player.

10. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

I can see our players fitting a very similar style to Chelsea atm, if you look at the lineup in the link here you'll see what i mean: http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=dy966 .
    With the attack constantly having men over with pace and quick full backs we will always have an option in the final third be it the wingers (Hoilett and pilks) coming inwards or the wingbacks attacking and moving the wingers outwards, or the midfield duo coming up to support on the edge of the box. This tactic relies on pace and constant movement meaning if we got any injuries we'd need to find a plan B, the tactic does ensure though that you always have a man over in attack as well as enough at the back to be defensively stable.

11. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

<laugh> I've spotted the deliberate mistake there surely!?

12. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

I think Harris and Hoilett can supply it <laugh>

Stevoldinho likes this.