1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cancer - please read!!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ivoralljack, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Foods that have cancer-fighting and starving properties:

1. Organic arugula is a champion. It is an anti-cancer cruciferous green and contains two cancer fighters called kaempferol and quercetin. Researchers have shown that diets containing arugula can reduce the risk of lung cancer.

2. Organic radicchio is a powerhouse. A serving has 10 percent of your daily value of folate, which is essential for healthy cell building, and contains the compound intybin, which helps with digestion and is known as a liver detox aid. Radicchio, contain a substance called inulin, which naturally helps to regulate blood sugar levels.

3. Organic tomatoes are a must. They contain Lycopene, the other common name is rhodopurpurin.
    Lycopene is an antioxidant compound that gives tomatoes and certain other fruits and vegetables their color. Lycopene helps cancers of the prostate, lung, and stomach.

4. Organic squash should be in your shopping basket. They contain two cancer fighters, lutein and zeaxanthin. Diets high in squash have been shown to reduce the risk of a cancer of the lymph system called Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

5. Organic bananas are a favorite as they also contain cancer fighters. They are called catechins and delphinidin, and studies have shown diets rich in bananas can reduce the risk of breast cancer.

6. Organic oranges, tangerines and clementines have hesperidin and naringenin. They are found in the juice. Researchers have shown they can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer. But don’t forget the zest, as it contains antioxidants too.

7. Fish: Wild Alaskan Salmon is the ultimate choice, but Calamari is a close tie. They contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids that are not only good for your heart but they also are antiangiogenic and can starve cancer cells. Salmon is also rich in Vitamin D, known to fight breast cancer.

8. Organic garlic and the Allium Family are powerful. Garlic belongs to the Allium family/class of bulb-shaped plants, which also includes onions, chives, leeks, shallots and scallions. They are all potent cancer-fighters. Yet, garlic is unique because of its high organic sulfur content, arginine, oligosaccharides, flavonoids, and selenium; all of of which are beneficial to health. Regular intake of garlic can reduce cancer of the stomach, colon, esophagus, pancreas, and breast.

9. Organic green tea is the drink of choice. It contains polyphenol compounds, particularly catechins, which are antioxidants and whose biological activities are relevant to cancer prevention.

10. Raw, unpressed and organic olive oil is liquid gold. It contains cancer-fighting polyphenols, which give the oil its unique taste. The stronger the flavor of the oil, the higher the level of its polyphenols. It also has high levels of oleic acid, an anti-cancer fatty acid.

Im guessing the Wild Alaskan Salmon will be bit of a struggle to get at your local Butchers though ! :)

2. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Phil, pleased to read that your wife is doing well. Best wishes to you both.

I totally agree about stress and I have to say that in terms of diet my "battle" was aided by the fact that I'd been on a Mediterranean diet for many years whilst abroad. To this day I eat a bit of fruit but lots of veggie daily - in addition to lots of meat and fish of course. :smile:

One great thing to eat is tinned tomatoes: fabulous food for your well being and the only case of processed fruit/veg being more healthy for you than fresh version.

3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

ive lost many family and friends through this killer>>>>>>>>this is being denied 2 patients in this country and im not sure why....

[video=youtube;pnP8IugJCHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pnP8IugJCHM[/video]

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Thanks never, will do mate!................<ok>

5. DragonPhilljack

That's already in here supplements Valley, but thanks anyway!...........<ok>

6. DragonPhilljack

Thanks Ivor, you are very correct about tomatoes, they are the best for prostrate cancer prevention too, as for Tin tomatoes they are one of the essential ingredients you should use in your Mediterranean cooking, we have done so for many years!...............<ok>

7. DragonPhilljack

Norway you list some very good ones there, and all form part of our weekly diet.

Mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana)

One product that in my research has great potential when fully understood, is 'Mangosteen' preferably the pericarps of the fruit which has the highest concentration of xanthones of any known fruit, it's anti cancer properties are still being tested, but the early signs are very good, though the Mangosteen has been used through the centuries for it's healing properties by many countries, including India, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Thailand. Mangosteen has a long history of medicinal use to treat skin infections, wounds, and dysentery; in Ayurveda, it is used for inflammation, diarrhea, and cholera.

There have been many studies on the Garcinia mangostana (pericarp) world wide, and one study in Japan in 2003 stated this:

J Nat Prod. 2003 Aug;66(8):1124-7.

Induction of apoptosis by xanthones from mangosteen in human leukemia cell lines.

Matsumoto K, Akao Y, Kobayashi E, Ohguchi K, Ito T, Tanaka T, Iinuma M, Nozawa Y.

Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, 1-1 Naka-Fudogaoka, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504-0838, Japan.

We examined the effects of six xanthones from the pericarps of mangosteen, Garcinia mangostana, on the cell growth inhibition of human leukemia cell line HL60. All xanthones displayed growth inhibitory effects. Among them, alpha-mangostin showed complete inhibition at 10 microM through the induction of apoptosis.

These investigations suggested that the methanolic extract from the pericarp of Garcinia mangostana had strong antiproliferation, potent antioxidation and induction of apoptosis. Thus, it indicates that this substance can show different activities and has potential for cancer chemoprevention which were dose dependent as well as exposure time dependent.

That's just the paragraph's from one page of the study, and there are many studies, and thousands of pages on this subject of the Mangostana pericarp. just thought I'd throw in this super fruit in for you all, as it has been succesful as an inhibitor, or chemoprevention, it's one of the suppliments my dear wife is taking, and I'm sure it's one that most of you have never heard of!................<ok>

8. KDA

KDA New Member

Sadly my aunt passed due to this killer last night, so my condolences go out to any of you that has been affected one way or another from this evil disease, the sooner they find a cure the better.

9. ivoralljack

Phil, I have been on mangosteen for a while. It's an incredible fruit with huge healing power. It's expensive because it only grows in certain parts of the world... but worth it.

I was intending to post on here about it myself but there is so much to say about it I kept putting the job off. Now you've saved me the trouble, so thanks for that. :smile:

10. ivoralljack

KDA, sad news indeed. Sincere condolences.

11. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

condolences KDA, its hard 2see the effects of this disease when it takes over our relatives butty.....my thoughts are with you and your family.

ps I see some take the medical records on cannabis lightly.........shame, because I think we deserve treatment in this country similar 2that of the united states of America....or at least have a choice of drugs we would like 2 use.

12. KDA

KDA New Member

Thank you Ivor and Aber much appreciated

13. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

My most sincerely condolences KDA to all your family.

14. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Just another up date. Mrs Never has finally finished Radiotherapy, whoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

All gone really well, just some final things to get sorted with consultants and hope to put the whole episode behind us. It's the first time I can say I've got more hair than her. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

15. mikraswan

mikraswan Well-Known Member

Fantastic news for you!

16. ivoralljack

Heeey!! Way to go, Never. Great news, delighted for you both.

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Fantastic news Never , I can only imagine the stress you and yours were under but she's pulled through and hopefully going forward life will be kind to you all .:emoticon-0148-yes:

18. DragonPhilljack

CANCER - SOME TRUTHS YOU ALL NEED TO KNOW

[video=youtube;gWLrfNJICeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWLrfNJICeM[/video]​

19. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Good post...

Always watch out for lumps under your arm...in your neck or groin area.

Often a GP will give you the it's just swollen glands diagnoses .

But if the lumps dont go down demand a blood test and even a biopsy on said lump , lumps

Watch out for night sweats also..

Trouble with a lot if cancers is people don't know what to look out for .

IF ever your not happy with what your GP says get a second opinion , even change docs

My first GP was a bloody idiot.

I changed GP and with in a week he sent me for Biopsy .

All the best everyone fighting cancer or any illness.

Stay positive ...it sure helps

20. DragonPhilljack

Well said Tiger!.....................<ok>