1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Canaries V Invicibles (Lilywhites)

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I've been expecting these two posts, as I was thinking pretty much the same after the capitulation at Fulham and yesterday's no show by most of the players. AN seems to have gone completely the opposite from last seasn, when he hardly ever had the same starting 11 2 weeks running and now he seems unwilling to chage it!!
    There HAS to be some middle ground and if he doesn't find it soon, I can see us dropping out of the top 6 by Xmas, as we have some quite tough games coming up - at least he has a full week to try and sort things out, as he can play a 2nd 11 on Tuesday and they SHOULD be good enough to beat Leeds.

ilovedelia and canary-dave like this.
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I have to say that although I am very much an Alex Neil supporter, I'm very disappointed that he keeps overlooking Pritchard, other than that it seems quite a few had an off day together!

JM Fan likes this.
  3. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Newcastle fan in peace - you should have beaten us to be fair. Really good summary though surely the lowest placed team you have lost to is now Preston. You can afford bumps in the road it's just making sure you win the tight games.

We've mostly played the top half of the table so far and barely any of the bottom half so hoping we can carry on well. We'll probably mess up the 'easy' games though.

carrowcanario and canary-dave like this.
  4. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

McGovern was my MOTM yesterday - no-one else deserved more than a 7.0 (Jerome) with McGovern getting an 8 from me.

Time to give Josh or Canos a go instead of Jacob and Pritchard simply has to start (instead of Brady who appears disinterested).

Walsh.i.am and JM Fan like this.
  5. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

I think you'll walk this division and deserve to, we on the other hand won't and don't deserve to. Our results flatter to deceive, we haven't really played to our full potential so far and saturdays game was absolutely awful! I can take a defeat because it happens to everyone but I can't take performances like that! We fill our ground every week with passionate and loyal supporters and constantly get shyte performances!

KIO and JM Fan like this.
  6. colu_mike

colu_mike Active Member

<laugh><laugh> ...And so it begins... ENJOY your inevitable slide into midtable obscurity budgerigars, it’s no less than you despicable bird brain carrot chumps deserve!!! :emoticon-0168-drink<rose>

7. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Feeding time for the chimps again <whistle>

canarian, ilovedelia and JM Fan like this.
  8. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Didn't know the Muppets were on tonight!

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Some excerpts from Paddy's article this morning which I thought were particularly pertinent - "By common consent, Jacob Murphy appears to have lost that mental edge, that sharpness in thought and deed. Neil acknowledged as much since the collapse on Tyneside but persists in playing the prodigiously-gifted youngster. The mitigation surrounding a mounting injury list in that area of the field is sound. But so is the need to limit Murphy’s exposure, given the reduced productivity in recent weeks. The Championship is long and arduous and there will be plenty of opportunity ahead to influence the course of Norwich’s promotion push.
    Robbie Brady is another conundrum on the opposite flank. The Republic of Ireland international, bar that stunning winner at Wolves, looks frankly disinterested. Neil was again searingly honest after his Molineux match-clincher in demanding more from the Dubliner but Brady’s sad, slow second-half exit against Preston marked another fitful afternoon."

Full article here - http://www.edp24.co.uk/home/paddy_d..._easy_prey_for_championship_hunters_1_4746673
    Saturday's starting 11 will be VERY iinteresting and I'm certainly hoping to see both Ja Murphy and Brady omitted!!!!!
    PS - I'm not advocating wholesale changes, as AN was prone to doing last season, but if he starts with the same 11 as he did against PNE (OK, Pinto wasn't able to start), then I'm afraid we're going to get hammered at the Amex (Falmer)!!! <ok>

Edit - Excellent article by Gary Gowers and sme of the comments after it. Definitely well worth a read - http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...hed-by-the-organised-plunderers-from-preston/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
: ncfc