1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can Gillingham go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by HOADIE_BOI, Apr 11, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Hessenthaler has said today that he wants us to go unbeaten for the rest of the season, Do you think we can. I say yes, But he said this ages ago like 2 months ago and when he said it at the time I thought no way we would never go 20 unbeaten and look at us now 15 unbeaten only 5 to go, All we need to do is win all them and we are there. Don't want us to drawing games at this point of the season.
    Have your say is it a yes or a no.

2. mysticfish

mysticfish New Member

Would be good to see, but would rather see more wins and less draws than just seeing the season through without another loss. We NEED to push, not sure i can face another play-offs

3. CrockenhillGill

CrockenhillGill New Member

Yes we can Hoadie.
    We should win the 3 games at home (although I was a bit worried about Barnet until Allen left this week) and Rotherham aren't exactly setting the world alight. Chesterfield will already be up when we go there, so 20 unbeaten is definitely feasible. It might depend on whether or not the Chesterfield game has anything riding on it.

4. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I was worried about Barnet, But they may still want to prove to Allen that they can do it without him now he has gone.

5. Gills_Steve

Gills_Steve Active Member

We could go 20 unbeaten and still not make the play-offs!

Important to convert draws into wins in our last 5 matches.

6. doobeegills

doobeegills New Member

As much as I would love to see us do it, we should be prepared for a slip up somewhere. Nevertheless, we shouldn't be all doom and gloom if we do - it won't the end of the world as the others around us will be feeling the pressure and dropping points too. Realistically automatic promotion is hardly likely now but I'm more than happy to see us up though the play-offs yet again and I'm pretty sue we'd all have settled for that back in November. Looking forward to turning Old Trafford blue!

7. The Shouting Man

The Shouting Man Active Member

I believe that we can get 10 points from our last 5 games, which should be enough for the play offs.

So in answer to the original question, no...
    And it will probably be in a game we should win (i.e. Barnet/Macc/Morecambe) as they will try and frustrate like Hereford did... all it takes is one mistake or lucky deflection etc...

Rotherham don't seem to be going too well at present so can see us getting a result there, and we could sneak a draw at Chesterfield.

8. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah we need to win all five now.

9. brb

brb Guest

Do I think we can go all five games unbeaten, probably yes - however, can we win all five games, probably not.

I have done the league two predictor and it is far to close to call, to stand any chance of autos, we will need to win all five games (see above!!!).

My prediction is, Champions - Chesterfield, 2nd Place Bury (already 7 points clear of us, to much to catch them), 3rd Place between ???

So bearing that in mind, we need Bury to take all the points at home to Wycombe, also we need Bury to take points away to Stevenage on the last day of the season.
    On Friday 22nd April, Torquay v Wycombe, we could do with this being a draw.
    On Saturday 23rd April, Hereford v Shrewsbury, we need Hereford to take some points.

I could go on...but there are just to many variations.

All this will come to nothing if the Gills just slip up once, pressure, what pressure? <laugh>

10. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah alot of pressure now.