1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can Evans do Ash's job long term?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by tigercity, Jan 28, 2011.

1. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I reckon NP will have a good look at the kid for the rest of the season.. he played on the right vs Reading, did OK lost the ball a couple of times, good awareness for the goal.. I think he'll be put in the centre as from what I've heard Belaid is more of an attacking player..

My thinking is Belaid in for Bullard and Evans in for Ash longer term..

2. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Whilst Evans is a strong tackler I didnt think he was actually a holding midfielder - more of a box-to-box player

3. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

The thing with him being in the past is that he has played in too many different roles in a team and due to his versatility he has being stuck in so many positions that he has not had a regular one. I think we simply see him as that box to box player who can fill in the defensive role. He has the potential to fill Ash's boots, i have never seen the need to have a DM that does not go forward, as when you watch Ash he doesn't make a tackle then just stand on the halfway line so it quite likely to have a box to box midfielder play in that role.

4. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Member

I take it that we look increasingly likely to sign Evans on a perm then? I reckon he would be a very good replacement in terms of his position but in terms of the Captaincy I'd rather see it go Koren or Gerrards way (provided we make him perm too). A few United fans i've spoken to have said that Evans looks like the definate article so it surprises me that there is so much talk of a permenant deal being done. If he rates him as highley as some Utd fans do you would have thought SAF would want a cheap buy back option sticking in the deal if it ever comes off.

5. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

I think if we were to be looking for a replacement at the end of this season, then Koren is the logical choice for captain, given his experience at West Brom and with Slovenia.

I don't think we've got anyone in the camp at the minute I would say could replace Ash is a playing capacity. Harper is the only one who plays a similar role, and I think Ash is still better at it.

Fortunately, following AP's comments yesterday, I don't think we have to worry about this this season. Ashbee will be still doing his job for the forseeable future.

6. mark2112

mark2112 Member

I would like to see Koren as captain,plays better int the middle then outside wide.

Who is our vice captain? Dawson???

7. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

<wishful thinking> Well if Mannone is as vocal as people say he is...</wishful thinking>