1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cairney vs Shelvey

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, May 11, 2017.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Not really he's a Man City player

2. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

yes but he'd be more willing to sign for Hudersfield if they were in the Prem.

3. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

Aye but if Huddersfield go up they'll undoubtedly put a bid in if they can afford to. And he might well want to stick to the team/city he knows.

4. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

This was what I meant - thanks!

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think realistically, and I'm the first to preach realism when people link us with Fabregas etc, money and stature talks when it comes to players. I think it fairly likely that if Mooys is offered the choice, it will simply be a case of playing time/role as opposed to him having played on loan for Huddersfield. Player loyalty died a long time ago, if we are both offering the same deal I'd be fairly confident he'd choose Newcastle. Players don't care. If it means they can jump up a division, table or simply earn more money then loyalty/sentiment/familiarity is out the window.

6. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

7. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

We really are talking silly money for unproven players here. Yes they could turn out to be good signings but seriously £12-20m for a mid-20's lad with no experience in the Premiership?

James McCarthy, Phil Jageilka, Lucas Leiva, Danny Ings, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Matheui Debuchy (remember him), Claudio Yacob, Jay Rodrigues, Jack Wilshere (may as well ask!), Leonardo Ulloa, Loic Remy, Mamadou Sakho (£25m for a proven defender or up to £20 for a possible midfielder?), Ben Gibson, Yann M'Villa, Gylfi, etc.

There's a huge list of players who are either on the peripherals of their team, on loan from bigger clubs or who we have nothing to lose from going for and yet we're talking about splashing huge wads of cash on unproven players. I'm not saying we'd get any of the above but I wouldn't start looking downwards until I was sure we couldn't get some mi-table experience. Honestly I'd prefer ****ing Lee Cattermole to half the names mentioned and I don't want him either!

Heed and GeordieHalfbreed like this.
  8. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I get the feeling that you're not part of this Cairney love in thing, are you?

haslam likes this.
  9. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

From talking to a mate today - Fulham season ticket holder who's Mrs works for the club (this bit is legit).

We've bid £12m for Cairney - this has been rejected by Fulham

Cairney wants to come and will put in a transfer request if necessary

Fulham have suggested a bid in excess of £15m (plus clauses - goals/appearances etc) will be accepted as the recognise they need money to add to squad etc

10. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Well we did bid for Cairney in January I believe so it could be true.