1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bye Bye Dacky

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, Jun 25, 2017.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Well it looks like Bradley Dack is finally leaving. About £2m less than we wanted last summer but it looks like a deal between £400,000 to £600,000 has been agreed with Blackburn Rovers. Dack didn't travel to Northern Ireland as can be seen in the countless training videos from the camp on twitter and it's expected that the transfer should be completed in the next couple of days.

So we've lost our top scoring striker and we're now losing our most creative player. Next season looks very bleak indeed.

Best of luck for the future Dacky and please don't score against us this season.

grumpygit likes this.
  2. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

we need to bring in some decent people ...... lots of them and .....fast!

AshfordGill likes this.
  3. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Not going to get much for £400K.........Looks bleak indeed.

patchy70, grumpygit and brb like this.
  4. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Can't see the sense really. At least our level of chaos is fairly stable, but Blackburn are only in decline at the moment.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

5. The Gills PegLeg

Mowbray has been given funds to try and get them straight back into the Championship. Dack would probably help as part of that surrounded by better players I guess.

6. brb

brb CR250

Dack for a maximum of 600k! Is someone having a laugh, seriously it's more cost effective from a season of potential view for us than to release him for that figure. Crazy, absolute crazy.

7. brb

brb CR250

Exactly my point <ok>

8. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

Bradley is clearly quite a talented lad, but with exception of the first half of 15/16 season how consistent has he actually been? Now I am not going to say we should have cashed in that January because I was delighted at the time that he stayed. But last season he was very average and probably stayed in the side more in hope that he would find the form he had shown before than on the actual form he was in.

So I think its a good time for him to move on and a new challenge may reignite his career as the last 18 months have been disappointing. £500,000 is not a small fee for a player moving between 2 league 1 sides and he will be the 4th most expensive player ever sold by us (and he's not the 4th best player we have had). So I wish him luck and I will clap loud when he comes bcak to visit us and I hope that he makes a success of his time at Blackburn and that we then get all the financial add ons that we will be due.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  9. itstimupnorth

Funds are one thing but fans are another. Whilst Gills fans are broadly tolerant of our Chairman there is almost outright hatred of the owners of Blackburn by their fans, and I'm far from convinced that Mowbray is the right man for that job.

I'll make two predictions on that matter - first that Mowbray won't last the season, and second that Blackburn will finish outside the top 3.

grumpygit, brb and The Gills PegLeg like this.
  10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

That is a decent fee for someone with a year left of his contract. There will also be sell on clauses if he does well there. Scally kept him when we were going for promotion when he could of got £2 million to show ambition. Will get nothing next season. Should have tried harder to keep Cody lol

grumpygit, The Gills PegLeg and brb like this.

11. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I wish Bradley all the best in his new venture and hope it works out for him, sadly I can't help thinking that last season cost us £1.5m to see him play, oh how we could do with that money now.

12. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

With 20/20 hindsight...............

13. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Can't be critical of keeping him when we did. Yes in hindsight it looks a poor decision but we were going for promotion and he was a vital part of that, a promotion with financial benefits much more than the £2 million we could have got for him at the time.
    I for one hope he has a smashing season at Blackburn and regains his best form.

14. The Gills PegLeg

Last summer is when we should have sold him. They were rumours that Bristol City went back in for him but they got turned down again because Scally wanted closer to £3.5m. Now if those rumours are true we massively shot ourselves in the foot by being too greedy.

15. The Gills PegLeg

Now confirmed that he has signed for Blackburn Rovers on a 3 year deal. We've managed to get £750,000 for him so more than we first expected anyway.

All the best Dacky. Thanks for the hard work and effort over the last few years

brb likes this.
  16. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Not a good end last season, but overall the boy done good for us. Good luck Bradders and don't eat the balm cakes.

17. itstimupnorth

They're barm cakes

You eat them, not massage them onto you.<doh>

Belated edit:
    I'd been having trouble with my phone and for some reason couldn't get the emoji onto the original post which made it look a bit more critical than I intended it to be. It was intended as humour (although with a point of course) and hope it was interpreted as such. However I still can't find a pie eating emoji so the one used will have to do.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  18. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

He's Bradley Dack - he can massage whatever he likes !

19. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Was always on the cards once Taylor was back at the club as he didn t rate him and Dack said was worst manager played for.

brb likes this.
  20. brb

brb CR250

Bang on nail and overlooked by many.

: Bradley Dack