1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bury game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Feb 4, 2017.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I have the feeling this could be a real thriller as Bury tend to score and concede freely. Difficult to predict which of the loanees Hurst will pick but I would like Grimmer back in the side and would not change the two upfront from the last few games as they have both done well. I would also like Morris to have a chance to start in place of Deegan. We can probably expect a double change upfront in the last twenty minutes (perhaps Humphreys and Dodds coming on). Lets hope Hurst can find the right combination but the pressure on the players in midfield and upfront has certainly ramped up with the new additions to the squad.

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I feel we might not see Grimmer in the line up today. Not that he is totally out of favour, but he was not in a game recently and Hurst will want to give all of the fresher loanees an opportunity.

It's nice to be feeling optimistic about heading to agame and hopefully Town can help continue my enthusiasm.

3. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Another very solid performance when we made a lot more chances than I can remember for some time. Ogogo was imperious but Man of the Match for me was Roberts - very intelligent player who linked the midfield and attack really well. Cannot say I agree with Ladapo not starting - he has made a massive difference but it all turned out alright for him and we got to see his dance again. Thought Humphreys looked very promising in his little cameo - reminded me of a young James Collins. I am so enthused about recent performances I may add Scunthorpe to my list of grounds I have seen Town play at - well done Hurst and Doig! Finally I am not one to obsess about refs and linesmen but I thought the bloke in front of the West Stand was absolutely awful. Gave one ball three yards away from him as a throw in when very little of the ball had crossed the line and more importantly failed to see from ten yards away a blatant shirt pull on Ladapo when he would have been through. Ref was also very poor in first half in falling for Bury player's constant falling over.

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The falling over of Bury players was a joke and as it is poor sportsmanship then I believe they could be disciplined for it. I liked that the music at half time started with Chumbawumba's I get knocked down, and finished with Yellow Submarine - perhaps a reference to diving!

The game was great to watch and was shocked at how quickly time passed. The link up between players was great and the little passing triangles with players running into space was great to see. We have missed that for years. Pope and Vaughan are experienced and tricky attackers. Thankfully our defenders managed to herons check in them for most of the game. Brown was a superb outlet for the call and constantly brought the ball our for others to attack. As mentioned the new strikers looked a real threat and it's a shame that Payne got subbed so early.

Looking forward to the rest of the season on what has happened recently.