1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burnley v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Sep 26, 2016.
  1. Burnely

5.6%
  2. Draw

22.2%
  3. Watford

72.2%
  1. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Deeney not happy...

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

<applause> to Dyche who certainly new how to manage and control us for most of the game. Success had a few glimmers.... otherwise it was an awful drive back through t dark country lanes home.... plus my back really playing up because I had to stand the whole game...

3. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Yep, SD has done a great job with limited resources. They will be picking up most of their points at home this season, because they certainly know how to get the crowd behind them. Also great to see a premiership club with 14 British players in their match day squad. For some of our players places like Burnley or Preston on a monday night must be something of a culture shock.

4. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

We were saying pretty much the same thing......

I think they played a unique game and it worked for them.

I imagine over the season they too will get found out, tired, etc etc ..and hopefully we will learn from this.

Success was very impressive. Ighalo didn't manage much at all sadly.

5. Roger68

Roger68 Active Member

There was one team playing the "Watford Way" but it was not Watford. They were more competitive, more aggressive, better motivated than we were. Most of the players who did so well against Manchester United seemed to be having a hangover. Behrami,, Prodl and Pereya were all poor. What a disappointment . We need a good performance and result on Saturday to restore some momentum. Perhaps the more open, footballing style of Bournemouth will give us more opportunities....

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  6. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Ighalo was given a 1 by out of 10 by WD sport. He needs to be dropped.

Well played Dyche´s men, a well deserved victory. I could only watch the first 20 minutes, but feared the worst and wasn´t surprised to get a text from the wife telling me the result.

Wonder who will be cut for Saturday´s game, WM has a lot of food for thought now...

Still, a decentish start overall in the first few games of the season. Got to sort out the leaky defense and silly cards mind...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  7. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I'd say Kaboul will be back in place of Britos & Success in for Ighalo - really can't see any other changes being made. The rest pick themselves imo...

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Hope Deeney´s gripe wasn´t too serious either....anyone know what he was on about between the lines?

9. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

If the substitution of Cathcart at HT was due to an injury, fair enough but if it was purely tactical, then I think that was the wrong decision. Watson for Behrami would have been the change I would've made - at least Watson would have shown some fight.