1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Burnley 1-2 Leeds

Discussion in 'Burnley' started by jbclaret83, Nov 19, 2011.

1. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

What can i say as a Claret massively upset and dissapointment today grabbing a underseved defeat from the jaws of what would of been a deserved win for us after certain key decisions during the second half and switching off in defence cost us a huge price, and leaves us 4th from the bottom and the Future surely of our manager Eddie Howe firmly in doubt.

After 2 defeats on the spin it was match that Burnley could ill afford to lose if we were gonna have serious designs on getting into the Top 6 and a good start was essential.

Before the match there was a minutes applause for Clarets Legend Jimmy Adamson who sadly died last week aged 82 had captianed Burnley to the League Championship in 1960 and spent his whole playing career at Turf Moor, He Later managed Both Burnley and Leeds as well as Sunderland.

Burnley started with a great tempo and deservedly took the lead on 10 minutes, Kieran Trippier, on-loan from Premier League leaders Manchester City, delivered a swinging ball into the Leeds area and Rodriguez planted home his header from eight yards.

Leeds all throughout the first half were poor and the Clarets were on top although Leeds fans no doubt claim quite rightly that Lee Grant should have been sent off replays showed he handled outside of his area after charging out to meet a long ball and would certainly have been given a red card had referee Scott Mathieson who had a poor game thoughout himself, spotted the offence.

Rodriguez and Keith Treacy could have extended Burnley's lead seconds before the break to underline their dominance, Rodriguez shooting straight at Leeds goalkeeper Alex McCarthy when through and the keeper then saving a low 25-yard strike from Treacy.

The one dark moment of Burnley's otherwise encouraging first half came as striker Charlie Austin needed oxygen when he was stretchered off with a dislocated shoulder.

The Clarets continued to dominate after the interval with Treacy's long-range strike clipping the top of the Leeds woodwork.

But then Two key and dreadful refereeing calls helped swinged the match towards Leeds First a Blatent shout for a spot- kick when Ade White blatently butcherd down a Clarets player in the box should have seen red for and Mr Mathieson who i must say was in a fantastic position to see it amazingly turned it down then Darren O' Dea should have seen red for a very high tackle on half way those awful refereeing calls effected the Burnley tempo and Leeds sencing this took advantage.

Robert Snodgrass who was non existant until he pounced twice in the last 14 minutes to record the Elland Road club's seventh win in the last eight meetings between the sides. A win that Leeds nowhere NEAR desverved.

MAN OF THE MATCH- Kieren TRIPPIER (Burnley)
    Had a good game made good attacking runs down the right channel and created Burnleys goal with a beautifully flighted cross.

VILLAINS OF THE MATCH
    Scott Mathieson (REFEREE)
    Had a poor game today yes Leeds will say he should have sent Grant off in the 1st half but he should have given us a blatent pen when we were 1-0 up and he should have sent off Darren O'Dea for a blatent dangerous tackle on half way.

Ade WHITE (Leeds)
    Should have had a spot kick given against him and should have perhaps should have been sent off for the same offence, VERY lucky boy.

TEAMS

CLARETS
    Grant,Trippier,Duff,Edgar,Easton,McCann (c),Stanislas (Hines 65),Bartley,Treacy, Rodriguez,Austin (Vokes 29)

SUBS NOT USED - Stewart,Amougou,Marney.

SCORER- Rodiguez 10 mins.
    BOOKED- Trippier.

LEEDS UNITED
    McCarthy,Connolly,Kisnorbo,White,O'Dea (Lees 82),Sam,Howson,Clayton,Snodgrass, Keogh (Becchio 59),McCormack (Nunez 59).

SUBS NOT USED- Cairns,Brown.

SCORER- Snodgrass (2) 76mins,89mins.
    BOOKED O'Dea.

REFEREE - Scott Mathieson (Cheshire)
    Marks out of 10 - 3.

MATCH VERDICT- We played really well today but sadly certain refereeing desisions and bad defending cost us a high price and now we look down the barrell. We really need a result away at Birmingham to stop the rot and move us up the table which tonight make very worring reading.

2. Logi_Lufc

Logi_Lufc Well-Known Member

the most biased piece of **** article ive ever seen!

3. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Football is about opinion pal im entitled to one we should have won but we were robbed end of tale!

4. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Adey white got the ball, so it wasn't a pen, you should have had two players sent off, you played well and deserved something, but we have a never say die attitude these days so i wasn't surprised we'd "nick" something

5. wasper

wasper Active Member

You forgot to mention that Bartley's 2 footed tackle on Keogh at the end of1st half & then repeated it again in the 2nd half. Not even a yellow card!
    I grant you that you deserved to win it on the 1st half showing, but your backs were very good going forward except they forgot the art of defending for the equaliser. Your heads went down after that.

6. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Rodriguez and Treacy looked very handy. But I don't agree that you deserved to win a game that your team threw away with lapses of concentration and poor organization. Yes, overall Burnley outplayed Leeds, but when you're playing a team with the character that ours has, you can't afford to switch off and the chances you failed to score and passes you linked together are meaningless, to state the obvious slightly.

PS: What's the situation with your fans and Eddie Howe, jbclaret? Is it true they've been protesting to try get him ousted?

7. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Our anger from our fans tbh is more towards the Board Mainly Kilby and Flood for 18 months of mismanagement from when Owen Coyle left their first mistake was appionting Laws and the rest was history and also telling porkies about the Finances to the fans, also wasting money on our poxy football uni what benifit is it gonna do for Burnley? Nothing the short answer to that. Complete waste of money. I dont think i could blame Eddie Howe for yesterday, although his tatics in some games have looked very suspect and also the blame could be layed at Howes door for letting too much experienced players go and bringing in too many youngsters which is a massive boo boo from Kilby and Howe. The sooner a fresh owner with fresh ideas and can appiont better Managers comes the better. we have gone too far backwards under Kilby and Flood.

8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rodriguez was amazing in the first half, we never turned up, it was only McCarthy that kept us in it. Burnleys keeper should have gone, no question about it. If they had gone down to 10 men, and a weakened keeper, I think it would have been quite comfortable. The Lees tackle was mearly that. I always get Burnley and West Ham mixed up, who came up with the kit first?

9. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

We didn't deserve to win but we did, thats football and I wouldnt get rid of Howe hes brought in some good players you just need to be patient!

as for O'dea's challenge it was pretty much the carbon copy of what your player did to Keogh in the first half (when the ball was going out for a throw in)

Trippier although a decent player committed 4/5 bookable challenges
    Grant shouldve been sent of n Bartley 2 footed over the ball on Keogh and also Zavon Hines 2 footed lunge on White!

Take them tinted goggles off n admit the ref had a decent game you shouldve won but your defence is worse than ours

10. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Yeah lets not forget the blatant red card when your keeper decided to handle outside the area! Either way you wouldnt have won the game.

11. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Look lets get somat STRIGHT here, I dont denie the fact Grant should have been sent off cos it was hand ball, But Adie White should have gone when he blatently brought down Bartley in the box when Bartley was i believe through on goal i dont agree with Mills and Claridge who say he got the ball it was late Bartley was though and White should have gone by the letter of the law say no MORE!

12. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

I think you need to watch the game and think before you type!

Bartley was NOT through on goal
    White was fouled first and his studs actually brushed over the ball
    Trippier committed 4/5 yellow card tackles
    Bartley Duff (your number 5) and Zavon Hines all committed reckless lunges!

seriously you need to watch it again without your goggles on