1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Burnley 1-1 Blackburn Report

Discussion in 'Burnley' started by jbclaret83, Dec 3, 2012.

?

Who deseved to win the derby yesterday?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2012.
  1. Burnley

100.0%
  2. Blackburn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Well the latest chapter of the East Lancs Derby did not dissapont has my beloved Clarets and hated rivals Blackburn Rovers played out a entertaining 1-1 draw at Turf Moor Yesterday just a shame the Sky TV cameras were not there to see it.

Turf Moors biggest gate of the season so far saw a very good perfomance from Burnley who really took it to Blackburn in the First Half and could have been Maybe 2-0 up at half time but for their keeper Paul Robinson who made saves from Paterson, Austin and Wallace. But Burnley bossed and won the 1st half battle on possession and chances alone.

In the Second Half however Blackburn had a little 10 minute spell where also the game got a wee bit sluggish but they took the lead undeservedly in the 68th minute when Jordan Rhodes nodded in his 13th goal of the season but its was totally against the run of the play and up until then Rovers has offered nothing of any note in the game. Now Burnley needed more than ever to show the spirit to get themselve back into a game they toatally dominated for large spells and they did by laying siege to Robinsons goal and in the 88th minute Sam Vokes who not long comming on as a sub nodded past Robinson from a Junior Stanislas free kick in the corner and the roof lifted off Turf Moor and we deseved that on balance of play but if only Vokes had of come on 10 minutes sooner maybe we have got the win we so deserved.

CLARETS BOSS SEAN DYCHE ON THE GAME.
    "Someone shouted in the stand about Vokesy going on, 'What's he going to do in five minutes?' - that's always an interesting one, I think. But I'm sure he'll retract those words after a fine finish."
    "In the first half I though we were very dominant on every level. I thought we penetrated on many occasions and came across two centre-halves and a keeper in fine form in the first half.

"Overall I must say I thought we thoroughly deserved the minimum of a point and probably, on reflection, all three. To give the fans that goal at the end was really important because it would have been a bit of a travesty to come away from that with nothing."

REFWATCH Lee MASON (marks out of 10) - 7
    Felt he did well gave the game every opportunity to flow much much better then the last ref we had for this derby in 2010 who was ironicly the 4th offical yesterday Mike Dean.

TEAMS
    CLARETS
    1 Grant
    2 Trippier
    4 Duff
    5 Shackell (c)
    36 Mee
    6 McCann (Vokes - 86' )
    7 Wallace
    8 Marney
    22 Stock (Ings - 75' )
    10 Paterson (Stanislas - 75' )
    23 Austin

SUBS
    12 Jensen
    03 Lafferty
    15 Edgar
    11 Stanislas
    20 Bartley
    09 Vokes
    14 Ings

SCORER - Vokes (88 mins)

BOOKED - Duff

BLACKBURN
    1 Robinson
    3 Mn Olsson
    16 Dann
    27 Henley
    31 G Hanley
    6 Lowe
    10 Formica (Vukcevic - 79' )
    12 Pedersen (King - 55' )
    13 Murphy
    11 Rhodes
    39 Kazim-Richards

SUBS
    34 Kean
    05 Givet
    08 Dunn
    14 Ms Olsson
    33 Vukcevic
    15 King
    23 Rochina

SCORER - Rhodes (68 mins)

BOOKED - Murphy.

MATCH STATS

POSSESSION

CLARETS 57% - 43% BLACKBURN

SHOTS AT GOAL
    CLARETS 20 - 11 BLACKBURN

ON TARGET
    CLARETS 10 - 5 BLACKBURN

CORNERS
    CLARETS 11 - 3 BLACKBURN

FOULS
    CLARETS 12 - 12 BLACKBURN

ATENDANCE

MATCH VERDICT
    Was imprsessed with the Clarets yesterday played well and merited more than a draw, as for Blackburn they were very lucky to get a draw yesterday.