1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic BT VIRGINTALK TALK

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Aug 25, 2016.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

JUST HAD A PHONE CALL from a foreign sounding person from "BT" said in 2 hours all the networks are shutting down, he needed me to switch on my computer, and it would take 10 mins to "work baqckwards" from their end .................. !
    I said small problem not on BT = said it was all suppliers, he will wait till I switch on and it would take 10 mins
    I said ..small problem "room where computer is locked and cant do anything for 3 hours"
    "why not?"
    because the key is broken off in the lock....
    OK I will phone you back in 3 hours ...pppppppprrrrrrrrrr..!

I am on virgin cable anyone been contacted?

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Dodgyyyyy geezer i say :police::police::police:

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

That's helpful of the guy trying to help you out JGF.
    I had an e-mail the other day telling me I had won £100k.

All I needed to do was go to a website and enter my bank details and the money would be transferred !!
    Lucky or what?!!!!

4. johngalleyfan2

I had that, did it, and next day I was £100k richer ...... !

5. bcfcredandwhite

Bollocks. I messed up there. I thought it was a scam, deleted the mail and blocked the sender :(

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I had someone calling me to say I've been in accident and due a claim. I told him "I'm glad he called as I was wondering how much I could get, seeing as I was decapitated and had my arms and legs ripped off" the rude ****er put the phone down on me without giving me the answer.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

When I get calls like this I let them talk for a bit. I then pretend to be 13 years old and when they ask for personal information I shout out....

"stranger danger - mum, dad, there is someone on the phone asking for my name and where I live. I think they are trying to groom me."

They always immediately hang up. Not sure why.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I tell them to **** off you foreign scamming arsehole. No I don't really, so I leave it to my wife to explain our problem and I'm quoting her approach.

P.S. Real beauty there cjs - like it!

9. algenon

algenon Member

Had some kitchen company ring me years ago, they kept calling and calling, in the end I said "actually I'm looking to get a new kitchen", they said I was lucky and that they were doing my area the next day, so I made an appointment, true to their word they turned up on the doorstep 6pm, I said "yes" mr ****** "yep", you inquired about a kitchen, "no I didn't" gets on his phone to the office to confirm, I said "actually I did, you wouldn't stop calling and wasting my time, how does it feel to be messed about, now **** off and stop calling" closed the door...

10. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Full marks for your approach.

11. bcfcredandwhite

I actually make a point of NOT answering my landline now between 4pm and 8pm every day.
    If the call is important they will call my mobile and I can see their number and decide whether I want to answer.

ibodyslamrhinos likes this.
  12. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Someone did something similar to me once, and I knew it was a scam as they also did it to my dad a few months earlier. So I said "That's obviously quite serious as I'm sure you are aware you have called Avon and Somerset Police Department and these are all police computers that will be affected." They hung up. Not even a goodbye, rudeness.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  13. johngalleyfan2

I had an accident call ... .accident previously had been 3 years, but whilst in Scotland a couple months previously I got hit by a deer a 1 yo female in late April, it jumped off a bank and the front of my van was crunched, drivers wing/light/intercooler / bumper / bonnet. insurance paid for intercooler and light unit whilst up there and so avoided tow of 600 miles or so .rest of the parts I got from Fishponds second hand insurance gave me enough money to do the repair and I made about £600 profit .. no injuries plenty meat and an antler.
    So... I said yes I have recently had an accident, and told him the bones of the above and he said I can claim off them for injuries .... :emoticon-0102-bigsm .. really said I how do I go about that ....:emoticon-0125-mmm: .. now this conversation went on for 30 mins and more but wont repeat it all ..twice I had to break off the call as I was on the point of pe**** myself ..key points ..
    Mrs R Deer, ... @ Jumping Bank ...Sutherland .." what injuries" ... told him what the deer had ..crushed rib cage .. broken leg ... he said it was worth 1000's
    said I could ...how do you sue a deer? ....
    after 30 mins he sort of gave up on this one, so I told him I had cut my finger a year ago whilst doing a job, on some card board and he said I could sue my employer, so I said I am self employed... again 10 mins or more how do I sue myself, asked for all the details gave them all, another 10 mins . he then said needs to check my details ..he only had phone number and name, which I gave him as being the same as the person I was to sue (false) ..
    he said there is a mistake they are the same . I told you so .. oh ...dead line .... a few minutes short of an hour .. the best hour for months .. I play them all the time ..when I have time ....

PS longest 2 hours I can remember, still going!

bcfcredandwhite likes this.