1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brum it is then.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So to the other Blues - the ones who ditched a perfectly good manager for a crap one, rather than the ones who ditched a crap manager for a perfectly good one.

The points Brum got on the board under Rowett ealier in the season could be all that saves them from the drop - that and the fact that Rotherham are dead and buried and the Wurzels are probably a worse outfit than them this past few months.

OK, so how many goals can we score against an abysmal side dropping down the table like a stone since Zola arrived?

Having said that, I never like it when I see City odds on to win a game - the only time I can remember that this season was Rotherham at home a few weeks back, but there again we did stick 5 on them! <laugh>

I don't think I'll bother with a bet on City to win today. I'll have a few bob instead on predicting a scorer or two. Ken Zohore is only at 15/8 to get one but Kadeem is a decent shout at 7/2 - I'll have few quid on them and maybe an odd shilling or two on Morro from a set piece at 6/1.

Let's see how it goes - see ya after the game.

2. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Scrub that on Kadeem - he's on bench. Going for Pilks instead but only @ 15/8. Maybe risk a fiver on Gunnar as well @ 6/1 now he's back in. <ok>

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

A third of the way through the game and none of your bets are paying out. Might as well have a pound on McGregor.

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Brum set up for the draw - we need some pace to turn them. Halford off and Kadeem on would be my shout and I wouldn't wait too long to do it.

5. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Whitts on for Halford, how's that for pace? :D

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Terrible game. Had an end of season feel to it. Didn't understand Warnocks team- Bham were there to be attacked and yet he leaves Harris or Noone out & when Halford was injured he brings on super slow Whitts<doh>I

I was really looking forward to the game today after the Fulham game but it was a rank disappointment.

Certain inevitability about the last minute equaliser.

I hope next week he plays a more offensive team with attacking intent.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Was surprised when I saw Kadeem on the bench. Aftr picking that starting 11 I expected Warnock to react to Brum's defensive tactics as early as half time.

With Gunnar back I didn't expect Halford to start and as the game progressed I couldn't understand the decisions on the touchline. We could not really open them up the way we were set up and the penalty gave us an edge we hardly deserved although clearly the better side on the pitch.

Whitts on for Halford sent out all the wrong messages - dreadful "one for one" type decision that didn't change the game - in fact it gave Brum an incentive to push on. Bad call that cost us the 2 points and they could have even won it.

8. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Strange decisions from Colin. First time I've said that.

If we had gone for the win which we were perfectly capable of and got 2 or 3 up then he could have given a cameo for the other Harris and Meite.

I don't get Halford. He brings a new level to the term slow and then he subs Whitts for him.

Still, lets not get too down on him and trust him to do the right thing v. Ipswich.

9. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

The squad is struggling with injuries and illness.

Gunner playing and not fully fit . Kads was ill and the doctor had advised he shouldnt have been on the bench.

Hopefully we can get something at home next week and then get players back and fit after the international break.

Ive seen a laughable post on another site saying we need at least 3 more wins!!!. I reckon 52 points are needed.

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

At least we've had a post match explanation from Warnock as to why Kadeem didn't start - looks like a difficult time.

If Gunnar wasn't on top form because of his illness, it's doubtfull whether a 70% fit Halford was the right choice to play alongside him. In hindsight it might have been better to start a playmaker like Whitts and not a partially fit holding player.

Can't help feeling we threw away the chance to impress a 20,000 + crowd swollen with occasional fans on a cheap ticket. If we want them to return there should have been something to enjoy on the pitch and send them home with a smile rather than eventual dissappointment.

As for what we need from the remaining games to be safe, the notion that this side is still in danger of going down is laughable.

11. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

There was a period of play where we did play quite well. However we clearly lacking the energy that weve seen from Warnocks side this season.

Virtually all the energy was coming from Ralls who was impressive though I think someone else should take the pens before he misses one. Halford and a unfit Gunner really didnt offer much in the way of creativity. Pilks is a good footballer but doesnt have the pace to get behind defences and Hoillet nothing really worked for him. Im not convinced we will see him get a contract. Bennett did well going forward. Jazz is starting to prove me wrong and is playing well and the centre halves are as good as most in this division.

A dissapointing game but ive seen far worse.

I agree I would have had Whitts in for Halford. Maybe Warnock thought with Gunner struggling he needed Halford to be the holding player.