1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brizzie.. The convicts are back in the home country

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Chippy / Glory, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

it seems timely to re-share this with you, and give others a peek at a one of the best of fan wind ups of a sportsman ever. Fair play to him, he game back and it made him a better player.

2. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Remember it well when we destroyed them Norman. <laugh>

Not going to happen this time over here though and can only see one winner, convicts will be far too strong over 5 games with their bowling attack which is arguably one of the best in the world - if not the best. <doh>

Watch out for Hazelwood mate, I'm very impressed with his seaming and will flourish in our seaming conditions and you heard it here first. He ain't as fast as lefties Starc & Johnson but he moves it around more. <ok>

Watched their series in the Caribbean recently and their bowling is certainly more in form than their batting, it didn't matter that they didn't post any massive scores as the Windies put up hardly any fight. I expect us to put up more of a fight but god help us when their batting does hit form with their line up. <yikes>

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I don''t agree, I actually think it''ll be pretty close, england have improved a lot recently.

I don't think Starc will do very well in the 5 day form of the game. Hazelwood is very good but I don't think Johnson will be as effective on the english pitches.

4. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

We've improved a lot but the ashes series has come to soon for our test team which is still a work in progress, other than that time will tell but it's still the convicts for me regrettably but realistically nonetheless. <ok>

Remember Josh that English & Aussie pitch conditions are quite similar but without their glorious weather. <ok>

5. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

If it was in Australia I couldn't agree with you more and we'd be looking at another humiliation but australia's bowlers really thrive on the aussie pitches but not so much elsewhere (to the exception of Hazelwood and Harris I would say). It may have come too early but I at least expect england to be competitive, and who knows? maybe they can snatch a win. Cook seems back on form too, hopefully he can take that into the ashes.

6. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Yeah Cook's batting is back on form which is massively important for us because you can't trust Bell at no.3 atm. <doh>

Bell needs to find some form on the county circuit as he's too much of a risk atm, they're definitely be targeting him which is a shame really because he scored runs for fun down under in 2010/11 as did Cook with over a 1,000 in the series. <ok>

I did say we'll put up more of a fight but ultimately we'll lose the series, I'd fancy us again back here in 2019 if this team stay together. <ok>

7. Lion of Brisbane

Lion of Brisbane Well-Known Member

Blah, blah, blah, and more blah. England ain't got a chance. They're a pathetic bunch of no hopers and has beens. Some one should have the balls to put the cleaners through the whole bunch of them and give some of the young up and comers a try, they could only lose, which is what England, at the moment, do best ( but they always seem to be able to take some 'real positives' out of the match, like positively can't bat, positively can't bowl and positively are f**king hopeless). Come on, England, give me something to throw back the Ozzies when they take the piss out of me. I'm f**king drowning here.

8. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Yep brissy, blah blah ****ing blah and only the original ashes urn will be staying here this summer. <laugh>

9. lifecheshirewhite

Yep give them that Brissy,dont matter who wins we are keeping the ashes.:grin: as the ashes would fall out if they go upside down to aussie.Only the dumb jailbirds would fall for that one.<laugh>

10. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Sssshhhhhhh........Paul, don't say anything. <ok>

11. Chippy / Glory

We will win the ashes 3-1

12. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

<yikes>

The pessimist turns into an optimist. <laugh>

13. Chippy / Glory

As long as the team has three Yorkies in and around it we will be ok.
    Chinless twats from Surrey, Kent, Sussex and Middlesex need not be selected.

14. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

We do have a decent number 3 pity they won't select him.

15. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Just hope it's a case of form being temporary but class being permanent because I've no confidence in Bell if/when we lose an early wicket.

He needs to get some form and rhythm for Warks and quickly but I still expect him to be selected for the ashes squad.

16. esteponawhite

I was reffering to KP <run>

17. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Seems he has just in time in Warks' crushing of Worcester.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/33129374

18. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Ok mate but there's too much baggage with KP, the much published circus with him will always go against him and Strauss put the poison in.

19. esteponawhite

Probably is but if you cant manage yer best players you shouldn't be in the job,england selectors are on a par with the footie team re john terry.
    Squeaky clean image ,and leave decent players out.should man up and pick the best.

20. esteponawhite

While were at it,I see rio,what drugs test, was tweeting about the england under 21s,
    They earn too much money,he didn't do bad,hipocritical twat.