1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Brixton R Memorial Prediction League - Update

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Tramore Ranger, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Update following the last 2 games.

Top scoring against Reading went to Stan, MK Ranger and Yours Truly with 10 points for 2 correct scores, in fact Stan and myself were only Benteke's missed penalty away from a full house of 1-1's........

Pride of place tonight went to Kiwi with 13 points, 2 correct scores and a correct result, whilst Kilburn, Totally & Jeff picked up 11 points for 1 correct score and 2 correct results, Oslo also gets a mention for 2 correct scores.

Hammersmith Junior has a decent 8 point lead over MK Ranger with Wherever a further point behind. Just 3 points cover the next 4 places.

Table below

upload_2016-10-18_22-34-4.png

2. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Rigged!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Really appreciate the hard work and organisation you put into this Tramore, thanks....

Just a small quibble, but I think I got 3points tonight and 8 from the previous fixtures (Reading) giving me 11 to go with my 53...
    Sounds petty I know and if I'm wrong I'll accept a red card willingly...

4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Thanks so much Tramore...but I do think that we irrational, over optimistic punters are unfairly victimised in this league..if only the Rrrs would produce the results I want them too... I would be up there in the champions league positions rather than languishing in relegation trouble.
    Boy...this league really does mirror real life...well done Tramore

SingRs and QPRski like this.
  5. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Could be as I can't get the staff these days<doh>.......I'll have a look later......

Shawswood likes this.
  6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for doing this Tramore - keeps you out of mischief at least. it must be an accounting nightmare keeping track of 3 score line selections per contestant for each round, but it has to be an impressive spreadsheet you tabulate everything into, but still a good deal of transcription involved no doubt - just imagine if we had goal scorers too in the mix for bonus points.

I remember as a kid the weekly ritual of helping Dad complete the Littlewoods Pools, poring over team home & away form at the kitchen breakfast table in an attempt to make the best selections on those small print sheets that had to be mailed in each week. As is usually the case with gambling and lotteries, a mugs game in reality, we never made that big win, although in retirement, just when he needed the money, Dad won £2000 in a Daily Telegraph stock market portfolio contest - by investing a fictitious amount of money (£10,000) in 10 stocks, submitting your selections to DT, then examining the portfolio valuation exactly a year later. I recall Dad mentioned to me how he used to check each day how his portfolio selections were performing.

After my Mother passed way here in 2007 I discovered that she had some Premium Bonds (bought back in 1970) and when I checked on their website, she had three unclaimed £50 prizes over the years - after much correspondence (14 letters) with the ERNIE folks in Scotland they did eventually honour the prizes and also pay back the face value of those three £50 premium bonds that she was holding. I also discovered that I had a £10 premium bond in my name, but unfortunately no unclaimed prizes. Compared to say lottery tickets, this is actually a great investment education fund vehicle for your kids, where you can always get the principal back, but have multiple opportunities to win big prizes, so a bit like an eternal lottery ticket.

7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Trump!

Didley Squat likes this.
  8. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

All the cool kids at the bottom I see

9. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

You're right Grinners, obviously the guy doing this is rubbish...............<doh> Apologies.

I've added the extra points so it'll be reflected in next update.......

Shawswood likes this.
  10. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Shouldn't QPR's result be worth more points than the others?

Didley Squat likes this.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

only the top four places aussie