1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol Rugby are clearly stealing our lines.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Mar 25, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I have just read an article from Bristol Rugby where the under fire manager is stating that if they should be relegated then they will be a certainty for immediate promotion back to the top flight. He says that a certain Steve Lansdown of this parish will make it a certainty because of his commitment to the club and by the support that he offers team.

Forgive my observation but that sounds like the same guff being spouted by Bristol City over the last few years and it makes me wonder whether he is actually a bigger problem than I ever imagined, and that was always high on the Richter scale. Meddling and interference from owners has long been the source of issues surrounding teams with that kind of infrastructure in place and it looks even more possible that we have our very own dictator in place - Long live the king.

2. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

considering he joined halfway through the season, i really dont think thats a fair comparison.?

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Don't be silly, as long as there's a let's bash Lansdown thread to be made, then let's go for it

4. invermeremike

I must admit I know very little about Bristol Rugby and yet the words seem eerily similar.

Red Hub likes this.
  5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

why all this constant running down of SL, in a way it is pathetic. To achieve something it is quite the norm to sometimes have to bite the bullet and go with the flow. The reason there is teams at the top and teams at the bottom is not because of the owners it is because there is a pool of players available starting at number 1 say MESSI all the way down to ***.***.*** we are likely fielding a team with maybe 1 or 2 that are in the 60 /70,000's th,positions teams like Cheltenham / Forest green THE 100,000th WORLDWIDE.
    C
    loser to home ENGLAND there is probably 3000 players ( 1 -3000 ) and probably 8-900 are in prem and top 4-6 teams of the championship we are lucky we probably attract / have players in the area of 1000 -1500... so relly you cant blame SL .. YES HE COULD splash out £50m and possibly get us promotion but the fair play would be on us like a ton of bricks....
    IF his plan fails ( in the next 2 seasons getting us established in the TOP 8? then by all means have a go at him then .....

6. invermeremike

Lansdown is obviously beyond criticism from some and I don't think that is anywhere near close to the truth and seeing the problems with both clubs under his direction tends to tell me something different, but it's just my thought apparently.

Red Robin likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Clearly a big problem under the head honjo :emoticon-0149-no: