1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Norwich City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Mar 7, 2017.

?

Predict The Result

1. Robins Win

25.0%
  2. Canaries Win

25.0%
  3. Stalemate

50.0%
  1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Yea, but they didn't. What the flaw? I was one of the the ones who wanted him out months ago.

That didn't happen. I'm talking about now. We need him out, we need a new man it, get settled, asses the squad, decide who he wants rid of. Then he has the summer to get players out and get proper players in.

If he leaves in the summer, then it's stupid and our transfers will be frantic, rushed and "anyone will do". Plus getting the new manager settled. If he stays, we are in for another season of this. Maybe worse because our few good players will leave.

2. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

RBF you either live in cloud cuckoo land or you're just trying to wind people up, either way I going to do my best to no longer respond to your posts. Indeed I starting to think ILD has the right idea.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Since putting him on Ignore I don't have to see the countless annoying poems or bother responding to bizzare bating .
    Pretty sure if RBF was at the Sheffield Wednesday game and told the away fans to "stop getting in a tizz " he would receive some choice words by actual fans or as Delia sees them "customers".
    He and Dave have a posting style designed to get people's backs up so they can claim victim hood and pretend to be the only ones with a modicum of class or decency when they get the response they crave .

4. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

The only merit to keeping Neil is that he should in theory already know who is deadwood and who we need to build with next season, whereas a newby might get swayed by several better performances as the old guard try to earn a new contract. That said, as Neil keeps playing and buying deadwood that seems unlikely.

Bah!

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

The only positive change Neil made was dropping Ruddy .
    Martin still started and we conceded yet again from a ****ing corner late on.
    We scored from our only shot on target and after blowing the lead yet again our master tactician decides to swap Jacob for Bassong to hold on for the point .
    What good is a solitary point at this stage for Heaven's sake ?
    Neil is a clueless ****.

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't know if he's just trying to play devil's advocate or if he really is the ventriloquists dummy that sits patiently on Delia's lap until it's time to mime the same ****e after every win, loss or draw?
    What will it take to convince him all is not well on the good ship Canary and it will get far worse before it shows signs of improvement if this tool Mr A Neil continues to be involved <grr>

7. General Melchett

I totally agree, I cannot fathom why against a terrible and struggling side like Bristol we should be trying to shut up shop for a point. It's been said before but some of his decisions can only be explained by wanting the sack. There must be at least 2 million reasons why that might be the case!

Bah!

8. General Melchett

That would be some act with Dave on his lap eagerly liking everything he says!

Bah!

9. Home on the range canary

Home on the range canary Well-Known Member

There is an issue with deadwood, but I don't see that as the main issue. Being at the Shef Wed match, it appeared that no one had a clear idea of what to do or when to do it. Of course the individual player contributions were poor, but a clear system that everyone buys into provides the platform for better performances. t some of the younger players appeared to be clueless and no fight. Wes looked very pissed off and frustrated when subbed because when he did create space there was seldom an outlet. The team was static, slow paced and aimless- what a great recipe for success.

10. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> <applause> Comment du jour (so far) Generalissiomo.

11. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Deadwood is a massive issue in this squad, the below are all the players currently 30 or over, the majority of which need to be moved on:
    Ruddy - out of contract
    McGovern - keep if Ruddy goes
    Jones - Sell
    Martin - Sell
    Bassong - out of contract
    Turner - out of contract
    Whittaker - out of contract
    Tettey - Keep if Mulumbu goes
    Mulumbu - out of contract
    Hoolahan - Quality player but needs to go so we can develop young talent
    Jarvis - Sell
    Naismith - Sell
    Jerome - Keep as back up, behind Oliveira and Morris

12. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Well, rather live in cuckoo land than risk damaging my health permanently, getting in a state over something none of us have any real control over. I´m sure the board stopped listening to fans and media months ago. The only thing that might just make them sit up and take notice, is if 15.000 stay away from the remaining home games this season - but then that´s been suggested before with no result whatsoever - but while the ground continues to be filled up every other week, I´m sure they´ll carry on as usual. Some of you can´t put up with that, I just happen to be one who can. :)

canary-dave likes this.
  13. carrowcanario

Just because someone doesn't agree with you and posts their view, doesn't mean they're getting in a state, tizz or anything else. I doubt very much that anyone thinks the board has any interest in what people post on this forum. People are just expressing their views, which is kind of the point of a forum.

14. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you, - and I take it the sentiment behind your final sentence, goes for all of us? :) - because that´s all I´m doing.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. carrowcanario

Well of course if there wasn't anyone to disagree with there wouldn't be much of a discussion. :emoticon-0140-rofl:

canary-dave likes this.
  16. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me why Naismith started at Bristol?

17. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Because AN likes him primarily. This was a game crying out for the extra creativity Maddison or Pritchard could have brought to the team but the "safe" option (rather like bringing on Bassong to ensure we escaped with a point) was to play Naismith.

He'll start on Saturday as well (unless he is injured) mark my words.

18. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well Suffolk - I have to say that's some of the most sense I've seen on this board for a while!!! <applause>
    That's odd K E M P most of us were wondering exactly the same thing!!!

19. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

My guess is that some of these will leave on a "free" just to get them out of the door. I'd look to keep McGovern and Jerome off your list Suffolk (maybe Hoolahoops too - he still has one season in him I feel).

If one good thing can come out of this sorry season it should be the opportunity for AN (for it will be he) to turf out the old guard and build a team around the residual talent that we want to keep (Pritchard, Pinto, Howson, Oliveira, Klose ???) and the yoof (The Murphys, Thompson, Godfrey, McGrandles, Morris, Maddison, Grant, Efete, Toffolo, Ramsay, Matthews). Providing (big ask I know) he uses the cash savings on wages to invest in Championship fighters rather than ex PL Prima Donnas next season may prove more exciting than this dead duck of a one has been.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  20. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I think the current state of affairs can be seen as nothing but a transitional phase. We have big issues with our current playing staff, a lot of whom are past there best. The issue AN has that we operate to a tight budget, as has been stated "we have to sell before we can buy". This philosophy unfortunately only works when you have assets that other teams are interested in buying. Unfortunately we have held on to a number of players a little too long and then been caught in the position that we have to keep them out of necessity as we cannot replace them effectively. The majority of "the old guard" have been with us for 5 years now, that's a long time and things have grown stagnant. Whilst they were good players for the first 3 years, they are not anymore. But AN has had his hand forced I feel by the board in terms of playing staff.
    Looking ahead to next season in the Championship, I think there are reasons to be hopeful! AN hasn't turned into a bad manager, I think he has been severely let down by players and the board. This is a manager who went unbeaten away for over half a season, turned around a season where we were really struggling and took us to Wembley. I am willing to give him time, I'm not a fan of this sacking culture.
    We have a number of quality young players about to come through, whom I would much rather see blooded in the championship than the premier league.

Our squad wasn't good enough for the PL last year and in truth it probably hasn't been for the past 2 or 3, I always felt we would struggle this year but the next year or 2 will be very important as we look to rebuild the squad around younger players.

We cannot be successful every year, we just have to accept this period of transition, as painful as it is.

: canarycall