1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol City Player of the season so far

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Dec 26, 2016.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

One good game on Saturday?
    I have been impressed in all his games he's played. His downfall was Pack also was on form in the beginning so Brownhill lost out.

But please name your 11 players with two up front, two wide players and Tomlin.

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Right, so that's 4 players to fit into 2 positions, for a whole season, none of whom are a natural left winger, and 2 or 3 of whom will usually be playing elsewhere on the pitch (attacking centre mid, left back, etc). You're just proving my point.

3. RedorDead

If he does know everything then naming 11 should be a shoe in for him.
    Trouble is like I said weeks ago, him and RR are loving this running the manager down all the time.
    Thinking about it barring Cotts league one success, RR has always wanted the manager out by December.

BCFCRob likes this.
  4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Actually old boys i have been very complimentary of LJ over the years,not as a manager though.

5. RedorDead

Not generally talking about LJ, it just seems to be a pattern for you. Come November / December you want the manager out.
    I'm still waiting for your team set up as well please.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  6. Red Robin

-------------------------------------------------------Lucic--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------- Moore----------------- Flint------------------------Maggs---------------------

O'Dowda/Patts------O'Neil-------------------------Smith/Pack/Browhill--------------------Bryan/Freeman

------------------------------------------------------Tomlin--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Abraham------------------------Engval/Wilbs

quite simple ROD<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  7. BCFCRob

Extremely narrow going forward that, and if the wingers push forward to help then that leaves us horrifically exposed on the counter. This is exactly what teams worked out about us when Cotts played 3-5-2, but with a more defensive set up (the wingers were further back). That is suicide on a plate imo

8. RedorDead

So if I was an opposing manager I would concentrate on the right side of that line up.
    O'Dowda has looked pants in all bar one game and he is definitely not able to track back and defend.
    Joe Bryan is a player you stated as can't run past anyone and is so off form it's unbelievable.
    IMO that team is clutching at straws and would be beaten

9. Red Robin

It is making a team out of what we have at our disposal.Playing to their strengths.

10. RedorDead

Which is also going to system that you hammered Cotts for.
    Yes it's a team but it's a weakened team than what's being currently used. Anyone can put 11 players out there but you've got to use some common sense.
    My 3 year old granddaughter has more patience than you mate.

11. BCFCRob

In my entirely uneducated opinion, this is what I would attempt to go for from Jan.

-----------------------------------------------Fielding--------------------------------------------- (new GK if pos but probs needs to wait until summer)

----Matthews--------------Flint----------------------Magnusson--------Golbourne------

------------------------------------------------O'Neil----------------------------------------------

------------------------------Smith-------------------------Pack/Brownhill--------------------

-------Paterson------------------------------Tomlin---------------------------New LW------- (we don't have an out and out left winger, it would be massively beneficial)

-----------------------------------------------Abraham--------------------------------------------

If possible, another striker to partner Tammy would be ideal, but realistically, I think the above would allow Tomlin to push forward a bit more than he has been to provide support.

12. Red Robin

she has not been going down the gate for 40+ years <laugh><laugh><laugh>

RedorDead likes this.
  13. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I see that everyone can put out a team that they think would do the business, subject to injury, bookings etc......But if it doesn't work for one or two games, you would change it.......
    Exactly what LJ is doing and getting slaughtered for.......not knowing his best 11....and so it goes on..

14. Red Robin

Does help to play players in the right positions. alah Lee Tomlin should be dictating the play,not out on the bloody left <doh>

15. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

So you are saying our ONLY problem is not playing Tomo in the middle?

16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'If he does know everything then naming 11 should be a shoe in for him'

RODney, before the concrete finally sets between your ears try, please try to grasp the following.
    You, me, nor Junior knows his best side OR set up - he doesn't have one.
    It's not your fault or mine - WE didn't put the squad together.

He went for a 12 signing scatter gun approach hoping it would come together of which Magnusson, Tomlin and O'Neil are good signings (and Tammy will be gone in a few months).
    He's now ruing he didn't sign another 4 QUALITY players (instead of 8 'up and downers') who would go straight in the team especially a Keeper and Striker.
    I fear his Swede stellar signing is turning into a damp squid, but who knows, the poor sod can't get on the pitch.

So please, and your trolls, stop being so silly.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

RR wanted him left side. Fckning liability v Wolves. Left that side of the park wide open. Needs to be told to stay central so others can cover the space he leaves when he WON'T track back.

18. RedorDead

What the **** has concrete got anything to do with it?
    Instead of talking ****e, and just name a team.
    The only strange one in the signings is Engvall and probably was a panic buy, plus he's offside all the time something Kodjia got slated for by RR.
    Patterson shows glimpses of good things but IMO should of never been signed
    O'Dowda will become good I hope, plus he was being tracked by other teams so will be one for the future.
    Taylor Moore was suggested one for the future and given the partnership of Flint and Magnusson its obvious why not starting.
    You and your cronies just like to whine like kids rather than do what you're supposed to do and that's support.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  19. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

We have lost 8 (in 9 ?). That is a good reason to consider a new manager. Only trouble is, I doubt that SL has it in him to employ a proper manager. A control freak perhaps ?