1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bring on the Reading...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by stretchyboy, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Scoggy, they are ****, yet too good for us!

2. Spanish

Would love to hear from all the fecking Mick lovers, no doubt they will say we were robbed or unlucky but TBH we were that bit poorer than them.
    I was looking forward to a better performance but.........
    Berra and chambers kept hoofing it up to Murphy, oh hold on...

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  3. Spanish

Well it's ****ing roaring on here, I'm off to see what the knowledgable have to say on twtd, you may mock them but they are being proved right by our incompetent manager

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Tommy should have buried that chance at least hit the fooking target!!!!

5. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

That ball was spinning like a top Warky in the slow motion replay.Mick sickened in post-match interview. Town deserved a point and played well, but have to look at that second penalty as stupid and unrepeatable from here on out during the season.

6. Spanish

Played well, are you fecking serious, we were dog ****e at best, stop making ****ing excuses!

San Diego likes this.
  7. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

poor performance. We are not going to score enough goals this season with our current squad. Can anyone tell me why lawrence was brought here on loan if he can't get in to this team?

8. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

All I knew about tonight's game was the result, match report and Mick's angry reaction so I thought we were hard done by. Tbh, watching the Sky highlights our penalty looked the softest. Their handball shout looked fair enough and Knudsen should've known better after the ref warning players. Can't comment on the performance although sounds like a draw would've been about right.

9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Haha! Fraid I tuned off at end, really hacked off.....and asked myself, do I need to put my weary heart and soul thru this sh....te every week....all bloody winter.....again!!

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

11. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Didn't write last night as was up North with the Mrs, saw the game on the box we warranted a point but Knudsen had other ideas. Idiotic Jonas! We tried to play at times but Pitman uptop alone - it's just not going to work. A bit better from Freddy.

Agree with the subs Spanish, Lawrence should have been given a go, assume Best not fully fit.... shame.

Varney deary me this term doesn't look right and I wouldn't have resigned him this time around. Bishop still looks some way off the pace.

Derby A looks a tricky game Tuesday, COYB.

12. Spanish

Sadly weighty, he ain't the only one!

13. Spanish

Ask yourselves, how many of last night's starting eleven would get in any of the top ten sides in this division.
    I would say Bart and Ward, that's it, all the rest would struggle to make Blackburns bench!

14. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I might be in the minority of 1 but I think Skuse is good as a defensive midfielder. The problem is that if you play the formation we do, the other 2 central midfielders need to be able to get around the pitch and that means forward as well as back and be able to create chances or weigh in with goals. None of ours will score more than 1/2 a dozen goals this year & that's not enough. Douglas shouldn't be anywhere need the team & Varney is not good enough to play for canvey island

15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I'm a bit late to the party because I recorded the game but because of work and family commitments only managed to watch it last night. Had to stay away from football sites to avoid seeing the result.

Where do I start?
    I have highlighted my main points for those who wish to skip read :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Oh my balls that was a terrible game of football. On that showing I can't wait to see Mick leave our club because that was dog turd.

Reading, although comical in their attempts to play out from the back, will get better at whatever Stam is trying to teach them if they stick at it. We on the other hand have been trying to play direct football for a long while but I can't say we are good at it. Some have praised us for pressing them high. I saw it as us being naively sucked in. A couple of balls between the 'keeper, left back and LCB would cause Pitman and Ward to come forward in the hope of getting an interception and then a pass to Beerens would see him one on one with Chambers, who got done every time. Luke has to be replaced at RB.

The ref, wow, what a nightmare he had. Bottled the red card big time and made a complete hash of reffing the game. That tackle was horrific. We have had a tonne of ****ty calls not go our way already this season.

Our defence is terrible. I've been saying it for a while but Berra can't defend unless he has a handful of someone's belly fat. Smith should be on the left, Webster right.
    Sears wasted a perfect two on two counter by being so desperate for a goal and holding onto the ball for too long, I was ****in' livid.
    Our midfield don't operate as a unit and are bypassed by the immediate hoof forwards that come from our defenders as soon as they have the ball. Chambo and Berra are the worst for it but the other two are culprits as well. There was a moment when Jonas received the ball, there was nobody within 8 yards of him yet he still launched it long and it went out. Again, ****in' livid.

The subs, wow, what a waste. I was surprised to see Best not brought on to support Pitman. He would have added some extra bustle and threat against Reading's defence who looked shaky all match.

In summary that was a **** match to watch. I struggled to stay awake in the first half and then spent the next 45 minutes wondering if I was actually watching two championship teams. There's better football being played further down the pyramid. Leiston play better FFS.

Mick can most definitely do one
    if there are not drastic changes/improvements on team selection and quality of football. That was two hours of my life wasted in the hope of seeing ENTERTAINMENT.

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I had to click 'like' on several of your posts Spanish, I share your frustrations.
    Chin up bud, we'll still be about after Mick has gone <ok>

Spanish and Bigalreigned like this.
  17. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

You could wave a banner about. Something I don't have the opportunity to do.
    It's going to take some earth shattering changes to bring me back on Mick's side now. It's been the same **** for too long.
    Stick with it mate, it can't last forever. <ok>

18. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It just dawned on me why he made the subs he did............................................

He hasn't had enough time with the new lads to coach the creativity out of them <laugh>

ostlan, Spanish, Bigalreigned and 2 others like this.
  19. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

SD - you've summed it up perfectly, it was a horrible game of football (if you can call it that) I really don't know what MM is trying to do. Our only style of play is to harrass the other team and bore them into submission. And what the feck was with the substitutions? What is the point in having best and Lawrence on the bench if you're not going to bring them on, in what was the perfect opportunity. And as for bishop, his injuries have severly hampered his ability..I don't think ive seen him beat one man yet.
    If Best and Lawrence don't start on Tuesday, then Mick needs shooting and handed his P45.

20. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I have already worked out the reason for the subs, see my post above.