1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bring on the Brentford

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Are you fecking kidding me, two down and that clueless twat mcarfy brings on Douglas, **** off Mick you useless twat!

2. Spanish

Chambers not good enough
    Knudsen not good enough
    Slide and Douglas not good enough
    Strikers not good enough
    We are in **** <laugh>

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Emmanuel in for Chambers, Bishop in for Bru, Pitman in for Sears next match. Sears, in particular, has unimpressed recently. When was the last time he even scored, even accounting for often being played out wide, he just doesn't take his chances.

Scowey and WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM like this.
  4. Spanish

Kenlock in for Knudsen
    Guardiola in for MM

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Absolute **** again.

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, that didn't impress me either.
    I've got no idea how this season will go but I'm not very confident after an appalling pre season and the last two matches.

Please do something to keep me interested ITFC.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  7. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Been out on the water, got in, 2 craps later, 2 down! Not a good afternoon ITFC.
    Only 2 games in, but, some serious re-jigging reqd.

Look forward to honest Jo's report.

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I agree Sears has been poor......I think he is a little over rated...being out of position is not an excuse IMO.

9. Southcoastoldgaffer

I wish!

10. Southcoastoldgaffer

Maybe, just maybe Chambers will get the tap on the shoulder now..."nice work son, but time to go!"

11. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

Sounds like (B>B>C report on line) we played well first half and had three decent chances, but killer goal right at the start of second scuppered us!:emoticon-0145-shake

12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Attended the game, had a few beers, back and thoughts.

First half was reasonable. Style of play was less direct, players were allowed to do more with the ball. Knocked it around better than last season ( not difficult ) however tempo too slow and created naff all. Still, first 45 very comfortable and the better side.

Second half - clearly a sickener to concede right at the start of the half. Brentford grew into it, looked very comfortable and started to knock the ball around pretty well. Zipping good movement. We however very uninspired. Freddy clearly lacking confidence, lacking a striker on the bench. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic Mick not bringing on Dozzell for 20. Why we used two subs really has p***ed me off. Give it a go!

Bart - Not a lot he could do.
    Knudsen - same rubbish as last season. He went mental at Berra who gave him a basic five metre pass because he couldn't control it and it went out for a throw. Jesus christ bloody awful. Not going to happen for us I feel. Liability.
    Chambers - Not great either. Weirdly not vocal. Tried to link up with Ward but with little success. Didn't seem up for it.
    Berra - Probably the best of the back four ( not hard )
    Webster - Arguably not ready but would be harsh to pull him. Seems early to judge but needs to swim and not sink. Lost man for first goal, nothing noticeable distribution wise.
    Skuse - Fault for goal two giving the ball away. Not one of his best displays.
    Bru - Worst man on the pitch was like playing with 10 men. Gave the ball away for fun ( especially second half ). Seriously, second half in the stands people were comparing him with Mark Fish's town debut. Absolutely bloody awful. Hopefully doesn't start at Wolves.
    Ward - Our best player. Tried hard kept working ( little success ) but wasn't afraid to take on a man and on occasion beat him too. Very good signing for the price but needs others to up game to shine.
    Grant - Good first 20 then faded badly. Too early to judge arguably not fully fit.
    Murphy - Very poor today. Didn't hold the ball up well and didn't seem up for it.
    Sears - Again poor. Didn't link well didn't threaten never looked like scoring sadly.

Summary - Not a very good day. In my opinion a blessing in disguise the timing of McGoldrick's injury it should force Mick's hand. We need another winger still. Bishop HAS to start centrally for Bru.

To be honest it looks an uphill battle this season. Still I won't judge too much until transfer deadline / loanees / 10 games.

I'll report more after Wolves. COYB.

13. Spanish

Ten games is too fecking late, after ten games we will be bottom 6!

14. Westlake33

Have to see Spanish. Wasn't good viewing second half mate. Incredibly poor. First wasn't bad.

15. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Only Sometimes!!!!!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I've heard the 70s was painless......<laugh>

17. Westlake33

Watching the highlights on sky really does help show how well we played first half. Being half cut and the rubbish view that " ground " offers behind the goal on the terrace maybe didn't do us justice.

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Thanks for the reports...but sad to see some of the old hands so disenchanted with the season and not giving it their all....2 games in ffs, whats it all about. Just driven up from Bristol and everywhere is adorned with fans, scarves,cards, newspapers, petrol stations, all "shouting' for their team - a tangible vibrancy and energy in the City air, seemingly absent at PR and ITFC.

I will muster enthusiasm for a few more games, but tbh, I am beginning to think that I have better things to be passionate about!