1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bring back Sam!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lamby, Dec 14, 2016.

1. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

Jay will score, he will! how long was he called one-goal in his previous incarnation?

2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

But he could move then.

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Would be very short sighted when the loan seemingly having such a benefit so far, could be one step forward two steps back for him. We're not in a desperate situation regardless of how badly we've played at times so the only priority is what's best for the player.

Missing Lambo likes this.
  4. SaintinSerbia

Well I'm sorry but slagging a good player off because he hasn't scored immediately after a major injury just isn't on. He has only this week played his first 90 minutes. The manager sees him train every day and picks him. You see him miss 2 crosses and he's too slow. I really hope he scores a couple against Bournemouth. I really don't like the slagging off of OUR players!

5. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

They aren't our players, they are the clubs. Long as people aren't shouting abuse during a game or calling him **** to his face it's fine. It's not Jay's fault he has lost all his pace and is the shadow of what he was. It's the two knee ops and other injury that have ruined him. Of course I would love to be wrong, but from what I have seen which is more then miss two crosses and he is slow) I doubt it will happen.

6. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was when he could actually run.

7. SaintinSerbia

So you and beefy think he's crap! so why does our manager think not? he knew nothing about the players when he arrived and has started picking him. No doubt you have some figures to back up how slow he is now?

8. SaintinSerbia

what do you mean, they aren't our players? of course they are our players, if not no-one would go to watch them and no-one would be typing on this forum!

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

What other striker do we have? Even when Austin was fit we still only had 3 strikers for all the competitions we were in, that isn't a lot if you rotate players. I am not saying he is complete crap, I am saying at this present time he isn't Prem standard and we can't afford to give him time with Austin out for so long.

10. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

We support a team that Jay happens to play for, that is what I am getting at. I would still support Saints if Jay left, but I wouldn't care about Jay. He is just a player that plays for a club I support, not mine. I don't get attached to players like some supporters do. That is just my view.

I get supporters shouldn't slag off players at the game, but see nothing wrong with saying how it is on a forum or talking to mates/family.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016

11. RedandWhiteManofKent

RedandWhiteManofKent Well-Known Member

Jay is a difficult one. I didn't see last night's game apart from his unfortunate miss. I saw his full 90 mins v Boro and saw good moments. If nothing else I saw 100% determination and non stop closing down. He needs a goal badly.

Sam, nothing will boost his confidence more than being recalled to the premier league provided he is given a chance.

Our bench looked short of attacking options last night and if he didn't start would like to see him there.

He is not the answer though, we need a proven goal scorer

12. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Gallagher needs a full season of Championship football, IMO.

Incidentally, so does Jay.

13. Cowtownred

Cowtownred Well-Known Member

Boufal is off to the African Nations Cup, in January too! So to me, we need two new attack minded players, but not recall Sam Gallagher. Leave him at Rovers, to continue his great form.

14. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much.

Maybe just a half-season for Rodriguez might be enough. I'm not prepared to write him off entirely, but he's definitely at make-or-break time. He needs to play every week and see if he can get it back or alternatively if his knee snaps in two. And the best place to do that would be in Championship.

15. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

Leave him at Blackburn for the season - and get jay out on loan asap.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

16. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Agreed that SG should stay at Rovers to continue his development and think it would do JRod the world of good to go out on loan for the rest of the season to a good quality Championship team to get him continued game time and get back in goal scoring form without the pressure of playing against some of the best defenders in Europe week in week out

NISaint likes this.
  17. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

No matter how much dosh is around, businesses still work to budgets. If we keep Sam out on loan (which I agree we should) and send Jay out on loan, then we'll only loan someone. Couple this with Boufal off to the AFCON and those saying Long is crap and those saying we already needed a striker and Charlie is out for three months.....We'll need five new players.

This isn't Football Manager. We'll get the opportunity to loan one and maybe buy one, but I think we may have to "make do" beyond that.

Sometimes when fans look at an isolated incident or situation, they forget the real/big picture. Charlie out, need a replacement. Jay bad, need a replacement. Sometimes we have to work with what we have.

Still. Puel out.

18. NISaint

NISaint Well-Known Member

I have to 'make do' in Football Manager too because I rinsed my entire transfer budget on Dybala <laugh>

19. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Don't play him, in case he gets injured <laugh>

20. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

What the guy said on Saintsweb will do me, 2 to 3 players one of them on loan.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016