1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brilliant! take a bow.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by DannyBangsAlot, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Do you want it closed...?

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

sorry to piss on your 'bombfire' <laugh> (couldnt resist that) im not pointing fingers but who made it go off topic! luckily i made the point early on before it really kicked off then having 3 banter threads! now hopefully that thread stays on track :)

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

im easy. i think it was a genuine question from chris seeking both sides imput on the banter. hopefully the abuse/insults has stopped and those who want to vote and comment can now <ok> think it be good to keep it and see what happens <ok> your call <smooch>

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

if you just read chris's william wallace braveheart spill on the poll thread then i think keep it for sure<ok>

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I think your right and I hate closing anything unless it's absolutely necessary..

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

we should stick to that policy. we dont want to become bbc606 mods all of a sudden.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

We are all for that but we don't want a free for all happening on our board again,I hope you can understand that,you seemed to by what you were saying earlier..

8. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Then enforce it Wiz. Delete posts you find inappropriate on any thread, and YOBG/CJ can delete your lot as well <ok>

I do believe this forum will suffer for it though.

9. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Yes - let's get those deletion fingers at the ready.

Let's all go back to mid-70's East Germany - censor everything and everyone.

Come on chaps, you must know that this is a one-off, a bit of a blow-up that happens occasionally. To censor or over-moderate is a gross overreaction to some banter that has taken off.

We all know that things will calm down shortly. Get some perspective.

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i totally understand that. but my opinion hasnt changed that it has been blown out of proportion. its been made out that its been on every thread and that we start it which both are not the case (my opinion). chris's poll thread is evident that we dont always start it. the amount of times i have seen perfectly good city related threads and all of a sudden a red would comment with a dig at blue or about rovers. that will seek attention and we take the bait and it kicks off. its these little things that will need to stop as well so there is no chance to kick off if you see what i mean. lets say there is a city thread going on and bcfc-red says 'bombfire' i would have to laugh which i know he will laugh back but then others jump in and before you know it its 300 comments worth of 'angry' posts! it will be very hard wiz to maintain. another example thats happened several times that i post a constructive comment and get good replies etc like wherei said i think you will stay up etc then out of the blue i get told to **** off. then it kicks off again.
    i understand fully what you want to achieve and im trying to support where i can which i done this evening. a few examples above show it will be tough to achieve what you want though <ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.