1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brilliant result

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Waddos_legends, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

I know it probably feels like a defeat conceding 90+2 minutes but it's still a great result for us out there. Mac Aviv have lost 5-1 in Turkey which shows you how bad it could have been!
    Side picked very questionable but obviously one eye is on Sunderland. Just thought the late on substitutions of Jerome and Shotton may have cost us the victory!

2. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Brilliant it was waddo,
    Will talk more later about our result, off to watch Brum v Bragga..

Said to the missus, TONY why have you taken Shotton off? still, well chuffed with that performance mate. We CAN do it
    just KTF.. Well done T.P. the side when I saw it I thought OH """" but I will take that pt and move onwards, and upwards.
    <ok>

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I wasn't surprised Deano came on but wouldn't have taken Shotts off.

4. dame

dame Member

Could feel the kiev goal coming but im gutted it happend during injury time. I dont think we played very well at all, reminded me of the cup final, we need to fear no one, nervy performance!

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I think Jerome starting away from home, will get us a good few more points this season. Great outlet with his pace.

6. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Pretty impressive. Seen Arsenal play over there many times and its such an awful and hard place to go and pick up anything but you guys did better then we ever did in Ukraine.

7. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

I would have ripped the arm off anyone who offered that result before the game. Very surprised at the line up and I think Wilko and Shotton did well.
    Still think the only position for Diao is on top of a lawn mower.

8. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Thought Diao was average in the first half but was much better in the 2nd.

9. Haven't seen the match but gather Palacios and Jerome both grew into the game? Good news. Wilko was at LB tonight? Weird! Very happy with the point and the players TP has brought into the squad. Nine games and counting!! UTP

10. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Palacios and Jerome were excellent but Man of the Match was Ryan Shotton. He was superb. I thought Wilko was left wing back? I thought it was a 5-3-2.

11. Yeah you are right about Wilko sarge. Shotton is turning into a real hero eh? Plus he has a Rory throw on him too!

12. crouchtherobot

crouchtherobot New Member

Listen guys, we went to dynamo kiev and got a draw, when will you supporters learn!!! pulis is god he knows exactly what he is doing so please do not question his line ups EVER!! Listen to the gooner above, i,m sure if pulis left this club our only way would be down... pulis best manager stoke city have ever had and thats a fact... Back him

13. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Just hope Pulis stays patient and allows him to develop. His tackling is getting better all the time, great worker, great attitude. He throws it as far as Rory in my opinion but of course the difference is Rory's trajectory.

14. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

cardiff fan here <ok>

the lads at the back dont half put in a shift do they? ok you didnt see much of the ball second half but neither do most teams playing away from home in europe. in fact at the end you were hanging on, but its a point gained and they are probably the best out of the other 3 in the group. as a team that plays well at home i reckon stoke could go on a bit of a run in europe, and that would be good to see.

fantastic result despite the late goal though.

15. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Cheers mate. I think any points we can scrape away from home in Europe is a massive bonus. If we can get maybe 1 more point away from home and get maybe 5-7 points at home I think we'll go through. This group will be tight. 7 or 8 points might just do it.

16. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

I'm not down tonight, in fact I would have given anything to come home with a pt..<applause>
    Wilko had best play left wing next time Ether's is injured or n/a.. brilliant effort from him and Shotton??
    Bloody fantastic from the lad, ran his legs off, brilliant move and pass for the goal. Jerome, you legend
    great to see us compete against an excellent side. Rode our luck but Liverpool used to do the exact same thing
    in the 70/80s.

I am so proud of the team and Tony Pulis tonight. So we should be. Gutted about the late goal but that's how good
    Kiev are. I'm sure we can use Pennant/Etherington at home and really give it a go in the home leg.

Pott's is a very proud Stoke fan tonight, beer's all round hence it's just turned midnight and we're still singing our heads off!

Can't wait for the next Europa game...

17. Joe3White

Joe3White Member

Like everyone else a bit `gutted `at the end that we couldn`t quite hold on, but on reflection what a great result!Shotton looked really good,he didn`t dive in and his play down the side for the goal was excellent.I was impressed with Jerome ,I thought he worked really `ard` and took the goal well,which,hopefully will give him confidence.I thought Wilko did quite well considering he was playing on the left.I`ve never seen Kenwynne Jones run as around as much as he did and considering there wasn`t a lot of support from midfield did OK. Diao was a liability to start with ,but as sgt.said he did play a little better in the 2nd half, Overall very proud of the team at the moment,they are now getting a lot of respect and are a credit to TP`s management style.

18. Joe3White

Joe3White Member

Hey Potts we must be on the same wavelength.Look at the time of our posts,we are almost saying the same thing as well!!

19. mithrand

mithrand Member

I thought we were a bit nervous first half, but although Kiev came at us second half we appeared to be much calmer on the ball.
    Ryan Shotton is fast turning into my favourite young local talent, that i have seen playing for us ever, young shoulders old head, makes me proud to be a stoke fan<cheers> I work with someone who knows him and they say over the years he has never shown off or got big headed about playing for Stoke, he still has the same school friends and keeps in contact with them.

Gutted about the late equaliser but would have gladly taken a 1-1 result if offered it before kick-off, what ever happens in the Europa i believe it will only add much needed experience that will enable us to rise to a much higher level in future years. Yesterday was day one of our new education lesson and you know i don't think we did too bad.

R

20. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

spot on mate he is ****