1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brian Moore Stand

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Oct 23, 2016.

1. brb

brb CR250

is it time to rename it the Town End?

This area has become a total embarrassment to our club, not the worst i except but also not far from it.

I feel as the years have gone on this stand should not be named as representative of the good man himself. Once it is either demolished and rebuilt or a new ground is built, then the name can return as a mark of respect for a true Gills legend.

I really would be interested on your opinions to this one - thanks.

alwaysright likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - spot on ! --- although a more accurate name would be the 'Scaffold End'

'embarrassing' is the only description for it. I appreciate that it was only ever meant to be a temporary arrangement - but it wouldn't have cost much ( in the grand scheme of the waste of money 'in general' ), to have provided some protection from the elements for part of the BMS.
    At the 'terrorist free' ground ( Bristol Rovers ), they have a marquee covering the 'scaffold style' stand ( shared by home and away fans ), behind one goal. This could be done in the BMS - at least for the 'top half' - at relatively little cost - and would be sufficient to shelter practically all visiting fans that most teams attract.

3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Always dont you sleep at night, posting messages at 2:26. I know Gills are bad but you should get your beauty sleep. Jed should b the one worried

alwaysright likes this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think Scally has missed a trick here, if we had it grade listed as a ancient site, you could describe it as a Roman amphitheatre and charged people a premium to sit there. A few statues and old broken pots scattered around and you've got a tourist attraction, could even have gladiators fighting, from what I read Charlton have got a few.

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I do agree that if marquee type canopy was erected over the stand and maybe just some planks of wood put up to cover up the scaffolding would probably remove a lot of the stick that it receives.

grumpygit likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Sounds a good idea....do you mean like make it in to a cosy little shack with a bonfire in the corner?

7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

With a marquee we could have clowns in the stands as well as on the pitch. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

alwaysright likes this.
  8. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

gioblues
    Thank you for your concern. I was 'up' at that time of the day because I had finished packing and getting ready to jet off on a 'late' holiday and had an hour to kill before heading for Heathrow........ during my time away, I just about resisted the temptation to connect to Wi Fi to check the (inevitable) results - so I've only just discovered the Fleetwood result - and that isn't going to help me get any sleep. It's just as well that I'm already sufficiently beautiful.