1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Breaking news

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Christiansmith, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Haydn

Haydn Member

Can't say I watched that friendly, very rarely bother watching pre-season matches as they're usually pretty dull. I watched the Dublin Super Cup (mainly because I was hoping to see Aguero) but didn't watch any of the games we played over in America. But let's not judge Savic on his performance in a friendly in one of his (if not the first) appearances for the club. Other than away to QPR, where he was terrible, when he's played this season he's been very good. He's already a full international and a regular starter for for Montenegro. He is certainly a promising young defender and he should be given a chance. Another option is to play Richards at centre back alongside Lescott, and stick Zaba on the right of defence. I would like to see Savic away to Wigan though, as that's a game we should be winning with our eyes closed, and it gives him a good chance to play some more first team football for us.

Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think I read somewhere that two footed challenges are always a red card offence, unless the tackler touches none of his opponent and then it is excusable.

2. UNITED SINCE 63

Does anyone know the reason why the ban was not extended to 5 games for the failed appeal ? Before you respond, I am aware that the 3 games ban was given for the dangerous tackle and the extra game because this was his second sending off this season.

3. Haydn

Haydn Member

I read somewhere (may have been on here actually) that the ban is only extended if the appeal is unwarranted.

4. UNITED SINCE 63

The tackle was an off the ground, two-footed tackle with both sets of studs showing. The fact that Nani jumped and thank God, kept his legs/ankles in one piece did not diminish the ferocity of the tackle. Therefore the appeal was doomed to fail from the start and clearly unwarranted, hence my question why no 5th game ban ?

5. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

FA have been paid off, with oil money :)

6. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

ban is only extended if they feel that the appeal is frivolous and has no chance of success - some clubs appeal so that the ban is delayed until after a certain important game is played - in most of these cases the ban is extended - if a club know that a player is leaving during the upcoming transfer window they will appeal any red card if it will delay the ban meaning the player will miss less games for the club

7. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Like I said it was only one game and not going to judge him on one game, as he's obviously good enough to catch the eye of Mancini, who has bought well. (He obviously has a blank check, but some of United's big purchase haven't lived up to the hype). But what I saw in the LA game (I was at the game btw) was partially down to not being used to his teammates, but if I remember correctly he was partnering Kompany at the back for the 2nd half til Kompany got subbed off. He was caught out of position and got beaten on the dribble a few times.

When Man City took the pitch, I was surprised at how big some of the players were, Richards, De Jong, and Kompany were frightening. I've seen Man Utd, Chelsea, and pretty much every team in the MLS, with a few Central American teams that come to Los Angeles, and I've never seen any team as big as City.

8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Two of the four games are against us in the semis. I can't see them struggling against Wigan. Spurs will be the test, and we need them to beat spurs for two reasons.............................

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently Silva may be out for a couple of weeks with an ankle injury too. So no Toure, Silva or Kompany, that's going to be a big test for City...and a big boost for Liverpool!

10. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Interesting times ahead. I have always said City will be sorely tested once injuries started happening despite the media hype over their wonderful squad. Take out the likes of Hart, Kompany, Silva, Toure, Agüero and Nasri and the squad looks not so brilliant. I mean after Hart look at their keepers: Taylor, González, Pantilimon and Nielsen!!!!!

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Come on, take the best six players out of any squad and see what it looks like. What's left when Vidic, Evra, Nani, Rooney, etc are removed from your side? You're bringing old legends out of retirement as it is.

12. Red Hadron Collider

F..k me Contscrepe. I wouldn't be criticising other teams goalkeppers just at the moment <doh>

13. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aye, but we already have eight players out, including Vidic, Fletcher, Cleverley and Young, and had twelve players out a few weeks ago. Yet we're still in touch with City who had barely any injuries thus far. And Nasri is nowhere near one of City's best six players!

14. HRH Custard VC

Do the Chvas have 6 quality players?
    City will look shaky without Silva and Yaya, they are the heart of the team.

15. Red Hadron Collider

Apparently not Swarbs.

16. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Yeah cause like Reina's been great this season.

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Well we had enough quality players to top our C.L group.

How did your lot fare again? Tough group though...

18. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

We went out.But we're 8 points clear of the "better" team in the premiership.Hows that work?
    Good luck with the Champions League though.(you won't win..not good enough)

19. HRH Custard VC

You are quite right Udt were very poor, but I doubt you will win the CL and if you dont, you may not get into the CL next year and thats the end of the Chavs

20. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Where did I say we were better?

Try arguing the actual point.

Thanks for the good luck wishes in the C.L. We probably aren't good enough to win it but I can safely say if and when we go out it wont be as embarrasing as that limp dicked performance by your mob in last year's final. Fergie probably went out of his way to avoid Barca again this year. Least he's solved your midfield issues this year though.....