1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bradford close to signing Falkirk pair

Discussion in 'Bradford' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Bradford are close to completing the signings of Falkirk duo Chris Mitchell and Mark Stewart, reports TeamTalk.

Utility man Mitchell was released by the Scottish First Division side last month along with 18 of his team-mates. Striker Stewart, who scored 15 goals in the league last season, is also out-of-contract but has been offered a new deal. It seems likely he will reject that offer.

The Bantams' new chief scout Archie Christie told the club website: "We hope to be in a position to announce the signing of Chris Mitchell soon enough.

"I know his name has been linked with us in the media before, but nothing has been actually signed as of yet.

"Chris is someone I have admired for a number of seasons.

"The quality of his delivery is second to none and his ability to play in a number of positions will also be a valuable asset to the team.

"The rumour mill has also been working overtime in regards to Mitchell's team-mate Mark Stewart, I won't lie, he is also a target for Bradford City.

"He was joint-top scorer in the Scottish First Division last season and can play in a number of attacking positions, such as striker or winger.

"Mark has made his intentions clear that he would like to join Bradford, so watch this space on that one as well."

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Stewart is a quality stiker, certainly grab him if you can...

3. shenbigbin

shenbigbin New Member