1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Yep 14 months back. <ok>

2. Cyclonic

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cyclonic likes this.
  4. Cyclonic

What's with Hughie Fury's title shot at WBO champion Joseph Parker? After appearing to chase this fight for so long, it seem that the Fury camp have been reticent when it comes to put pen to paper for the bout. The WBO President Paco Valcarcel has tweeted that the Fury's have until 12pm today, UK time, to get the job done, or they will most likely grant Parker a voluntary defence. Another problem within the Fury camp?

5. Cyclonic

I've been reading some really interesting stuff in the last half hour or so. Don't know if it's true, but the word is that Tyson Fury wasn't the only one who tested positive to Nandrolone. Hughie was as was well. From what I gather, the UK Anti - Doping agency still has them under investigation. If so, he can't sign a contract until cleared, if he did he'd probably get sued. Comments are suggesting the reason why nobody from the Fury side of the fence is speaking is due to a UKAD gag order. New Zealand might have denied Peter Fury entry as well due to his 11 year prison sentence. It's all looking pretty ugly.

Peter Fury has just stated that the contract will be signed. Strange old story.

6. Cyclonic

Frank Warren has tweeted that the contract has just been signed. Beauty. :)

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watching boxing at the moment. Just saw a gruesome fight between Breazeale and Ugonoh. Knocked each other down and at one time both landed on the floor together. Swung one way then the other until Breazeale knocked Ugonoh out the ring. Neither would last long against our heavyweights. Later it's Deontay Wilder v Gerald Washington

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Correction Breazeale has fought Joshua and it took Joshua 7 rounds to finish him. Breazeale put up a good fight

9. Cyclonic

Do you like the way Kell is ranked below any American? <laugh>

10. Cyclonic

Wilder 1-20, another pretty soft opponent? I hope Washington can turn this into a real fight.

Fight time. :)

11. Cyclonic

Wow, nice round by Gerald.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not too impressive so far Cyc

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wilder looks a bit rusty and cagey. Not sure if Washington has a big enough punch. Will be interesting to see what happens when Wilder hits him

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's what happens <laugh>

15. Cyclonic

Boom, all over

16. Cyclonic

What chance Antony Joseph?

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good night

Cyclonic likes this.
  18. Cyclonic

The rumours of Anthony Joshua's chin problems are hitting airwaves. This time they come in the shape of Olympian Lawrence Okolie who's supposed to have sparked AJ in sparring. Hot prospect Daniel Dubois is said to have rocked him as well.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh dear. I always wondered about his ability to take a big punch. If those rumours are true, then what I said a while back (ie he reminds me of Bruno) could be nearer the truth than we would like. No point anyone taking him on if they can't hit. So from now on it will be hard hitters who are prepared to risk getting flattened in search of one good punch that will take him out or at least rock him so they can pile in and finish it. Might be worth betting on him to lose by KO in his next few fights, staking to ensure a profit when he does get ko'd

20. Cyclonic

I think one of the problem here Ron is that AJ has hands of cement. We all have opinions, but for mine, Joshua is the biggest puncher in the game. He's hungry and when he stuns someone, he's all over them like a cheap suit. I think what he has on his side, is that Wilder and Parker also show frailty when hit. With the possible exception of Klitschko and Haye, I think everyone else can be put to sleep quicker than most believe. I'm really feeling the juices now. Heavyweights are alive .... at last. Roll on the big fights. I'm looking forward the the AJ - Vlad bout. AJ has what it takes to finish the old man's career, but the old fella might still have what it takes to see off that initial power of the younger man. If this happens, then AJ, being a straight up and down fighter, is going to eat some serious leather. This is when we'll finally know if he's the real deal.

Just had a look at the Haye - Bellew presser. They don't like each other. Watching Bellew, I can't help but think that he doesn't have all that much faith in his chances. He talks it up, but he doesn't sound all that convincing. Having said that, he'll probably smash Haye. <laugh>

The Hayemaker by KO.