1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing Night Out?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Joelinton's Right Foot, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I know there are quite a few pugilist fans on the board, so was wondering if anyone fancied coming along to a night of amateur boxing at the Walker Dome? Its on a school night, so I know that won't suit everyone, but thought it might be a chance to put a few names to faces doing something a bit different. Its on Thursday April 27th from roughly 7-11pm. I don't know much about amateur boxing, but it's supposed to be a decent standard with roughly 16 bouts scheduled (though apparently its normal that a few will be scratched so could be nearer 12).

I'm not part of the organising team or anything, but I do know the guys that run the gym and they are doing a cracking job of building the club and doing a lot of good stuff in the community, so wanted to give the event a shout at to try and support them.

please log in to view this image

Normal tickets are £12, but if there were enough interested we could pitch in for a ringside table for 10 (£20 each).

http://uniquefitnessnortheast.com/product/howdon-boxing-academy-home-show/

Just an idea......

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    J. J. McClure likes this.
  2. Tol3

Tol3 Active Member

In London midweek so it's a no for me sadly. But sounds great, if there are any weekend shows on a home game weekend give me a shout. Me and my old man would definitely be game.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Sounds good Nev.

I'm away with work till late that night otherwise I'd have been up for it.

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

A weekend option beyond this may be to all get tickets for the Mackem relegation party when they host Swansea....
    They always end up fighting each other anyway so we will see this first hand.
    Failing this we can meet Big Baz / aka son of nibbler / aka Comedy Dave/ aka Batfink at the Hastings Hill pub for a dust up.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  5. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Do we get to fight

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  6. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Comedy Dave <laugh><applause>

7. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

That's a pity, I've got all the c@nts in our village together and we're going to Penshaw for a Fredor appreciation p!ss up on that very night.
    The Lord Mayor of Newcastle is going to re-name the Monument " Fredor's Folly ".
    The Lord Mayor of Sunderland was told in no uncertain terms by Fredor that he wasn't welcome as it would undermine Fredor's reputation as the wise old sage of Penshaw.
    The laser show is going to beam the 75,000 names of those who were locked out of Roker Park every week onto the Monument.

I can't wait.