1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bowyer's contract not being renewed?

Discussion in 'Birmingham City' started by matzusdog, Mar 1, 2011.

1. matzusdog

matzusdog New Member

any thoughts on this? Seems strange to talk about this coming so soon after the CC win, he's been instrumental this season and still can be if we are wanting to stay up.

I know we are getting a bit of a reputation for playing hardball with the players/managers contracts, and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I know it's a business and has to make money, and we need to get new players in etc etc but europa cup football next season means strengthening and extending the squad we have, including keeping hold of our experienced veteran players like Bowyer!

I say renew Bowyers contract as a sign of appreciation for his commitment these last two seasons - the fans were to start with, not happy with him signing for us, but he has won us over with passion and substance, a key partnership with Carr/Ferguson and one of 15 or 16 reasons why we won our first major trophy in over 50 years.

2. matzusdog

matzusdog New Member

hmm, doing a bit more digging about it seems this decision was made a few weeks ago, and the offer of a new contract has not been confirmed - Bowyer has said the club originally said no to extending his contract, however it could be they are waiting to see if we survive in the Premier before making this decision.

In which case, its just the usual media hype tagging on to our carling cup win. bastards!