1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 14, 2017.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

In your Dreams only Valley.....<laugh> If Gylfi was with a big club like Liverpool and he had a good season then he would be worth a lot of money but he tried that and failed and you think a small club like us who have struggled for a long time with Gylfi as our stand out best player because we don't have many good players that make him stand out that big clubs are interested in him at a price so over the top its laughable,,,, If we can get £15m that would be a success......

2. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

"with Gylfi as our stand out best player because we don't have many good players that make him stand out"

hence, his talent is worth more because he stands out in a weak team no?

Stumpy likes this.
  3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Well that's logic for you <laugh>

4. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

well explain why it isn't logical then?
    You say yourself that Gylfi has stood out amongst a weak team. What more would a so-called bug club need to see?
    He's also proved to be a class act at international level. The fact that he didn't have a great season a couple of years back at Spurs where he wasn't given a chance won't put people off I'm sure. There's no way he'll go for 15 million, well I really hope not, he is in his prime right now.

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  5. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

The longest sentence ever written.

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Llorente is worth £15m imo due to his age but I can see only Chelsea biding for him. We can expect a few cheap shots but I don't think any club would bid his value so he may still be a Jack next year.

Gylfi's as good as gone imo but it would be incredibly bad business if we gave him away for anything less than £20M simply because we have to replace him. I don't go with the doom and gloom view that we're doomed because we're not.

I'm not feeling the death knell Dai is tolling, my outlook is not do bleak. Since our arrival in the prem we've only had one poor season, this one, where we've struggled to compete, only one and that's one hell of an achievement.

We're in our first fight in a decade which is a remarkable achievement in itself. With all the trouble and turmoil we've endured this season its not really surprising is it? What is surprising is that our destiny is still in our own hands, which after the blows we've had is also remarkable. Sad to say that some are proving their not up for the battles ahead, not talking about the players here, but who cares about them? They'll be back anyway to chip and chirp and pretend they know things no one else does next season when once again we'll be playing our football in the premier league along with all the other big clubs.

Resistance is futile

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

If Huw Jenkins sold him for just £15 Million, there would be an uproar, he's worth far more than that, I 'd say £25 Million is a more accurate figure. Our Chairman and board need to address the squad and reassure the players that for next season further crucial rebuilding will be done this summer to regain our competitive edge, which has clearly not been there these last few seasons.

Baston must go, and his replacement found (Bony?) and the defence still needs work, these in my opinion are the priorities, that and finding a replacement for Routledge..........<ok>

seabreeze and Stumpy like this.
  8. DragonPhilljack

Llorente and Bony? Mouth watering aye!...................<laugh>

9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Before we even get out of the gate Siggy won't go to Newcastle , never mind how much . My biggest fear is if he has something written into his contract that he has a " Get out of Swansea Free Card " is we actually got relegated , and gets to negotiate a " Gomis " type deal that gives him massive wages without transfer money involved

10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Players have clauses written into their contract Roof but this is one I still think we'll benefit from sellong Siggy, if or when we have to, irrespective of circumstance. If offers are low due to say, our relegation, then I see an auction would break out for Siggy with us selling to the highest bidder so, if handled right, we should always get good value from selling Siggy.

What worry's me is someone triggering his minimum release clause, surely he has one.

11. seabreeze

The opposite ...lol.
    How this for " Goals Well Spent " We got Sigurdsson for Davies and we basically got Siggy for nothing . Just under 5 million for Fer and 5 million for Llorente .
    So basically , we got 25 goals this season for under 10 million in actual transfer costs . NICE

12. seabreeze

I think some players put in their contracts that if they get relegated with a team , they leave on a free transfer regardless of how much time remains on their contract
    , not totally sure but pretty sure

Stumpy likes this.
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Blimey Roof, that would be a disaster wouldn't it.

DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.
  14. seabreeze

Seems to me we stopped dealing with a few possible transfers because of this very reason a few seasons back , could be wrong .

15. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Luckily it wont happen Roof coz we'll be playing Chelsea, Man U, Citeh et al again next season :D

What do I call you now? Roof, Seabreeze, Breezy??

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  16. seabreeze

Eventually will lose " The Roofer " and stick with " seabreeze .. my first name on the BBC Football 606 ..10 or so years ago . It will be my final change .

Stumpy likes this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

I've only recently gone over to Roofer, and just as I get used to it, he goes back to Breezy, that will be the Irish in him!!...............<laugh>

Stumpy likes this.
  18. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Where did Seabreeze come from anyway? You don't live anywhere near the sea. It's a bit of a girlie name for a rough tough Canadian roofer like yourself?

19. seabreeze

My original name on the BBC 606 site. Was a bar outside the navy base my father used to go to . I could hear him inside playing the piano while I skipped stones into the ocean ... great times

20. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member