1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 14, 2017.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Clem has not proved himself yet imo....He started off great which most new managers do.....It's their honeymoon period but he has been useless and full of excuses with losses against bottom teams we really needed to beat that would have put us 90% safe, Even Gylfi has not been as good recently......The jury is still out for me....

55282 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Maybe too much too young.
    They get burnt out.

But hey.......

Then again......

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Siggurdsson staying with us even if we stay up for next season . Started with Everton interest , followed by West Ham and now there seems to be talk in the press about Chelsea and Man U being a perfect fit for Siggy . There's still two months till the season finishes for others to show interest . It doesn't fill me with confidence when Siggy says " He's Flattered by the talk " of clubs wanting him and his " Dream " of playing for a " Big Club . The only good thing to come out of all this talk , by lots of clubs , is the possibility of a massive selling price if it happens .

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Apparently Siggy has come out recently and said, he wouldn't mind playing for a big club? not surprising given the last few seasons we have had, I fully expect him to go this summer, and I blame Jinx for this, when your in a team of under achievers, it's frustrating as hell, he's been exemplary in my view, maybe Clement can keep him here, though that will be mission impossible if we go down.............<ok>

seabreeze likes this.
  5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Its career first for footballers these days so I see Siggy leaving in the summer. If Llorente gets the right offer then he'll be gone too. That's two quality players we can expect to lose in the summer. Players we've relied on this year to get us hard earned wins and scrape results.

If we stay up, which I'm sure we will, I'd have a clear out this summer and free us the clutter. The likes of Ki, Gomis, Baston, Montero and Barrow can go. I'd keep Bartley and say goodbye to VDH simply because I can't see us letting Fernandez go, he'd be my choice to let go. If Clement is feeling particularly ruthless then I'd also let Dyer, Routledge and Britton go too.

This year has highlighted the fact that most of our squad is not premier league standard and can't be relied upon to get us the points we need to stay up. If Siggy and Llorente do go then we cant carry them anymore and we have to bite the bullet, free up some space and get premier league players in to replace them.

swans-m and DragonPhilljack like this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

Absolutely agree with every word there Stumpy, another season struggling at the bottom, and it will be all over as I see it.

Stumpy likes this.
  7. seabreeze

Being reported that Swansea have absolutely no intention of welcoming Gomis back to Swansea .
    They are already actively searching for a place to unload his 70,000 a week wage and as of yet have received no offer from Marseille , although one is expected after his superb season loan there .Also , Rafa and Newcastle plan 15 million pound raid for Sigurdsson .......... lol

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

HJ will sell.

9. seabreeze

He might if he had any say .. but he don't so he won't .

Stumpy likes this.
  10. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

He will

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

£15m for Gylfi <laugh>

Why the **** would he go there? <laugh>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  12. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

To link up again with his best mate Jonjo...... <whistle>

13. swanseaandproud

Whether we stay up or go down Gylfi will be leaving and his fee will be around the £15m mark which is very reasonable considering we are the only club he has had any relevant success with. Llorette I expect will move to bigger and better club also as he is wasted at a small club with little or no ambition....Joe Allen and Bony proved that and they are right......Our time at the top is coming to an end if it is not this season it will be the next and like Sunderland we will be fighting relegation until we will be relegated.....And Sunderland are a massive club compared to us......But saying that we have had a good run an cant complain as nobody expected us to last one season let alone as long as we have and we have not finished yet but these last few seasons have shown we are hanging on by a thread and it wont be long before that thread breaks.....

14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

£15m? <laugh>

Sunday league standard players get sold for more than that in the Championship itself.

Stumpy, seabreeze and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  15. seabreeze

Double :)

16. swanseaandproud

It will be nice if we get more but being realistic around the £15m mark and we will have done well and cant complain......Just because he has been good at a poor club that makes him look good don't make him a super star as he has had his chances of playing for big clubs before and was benched and sold on........So what possible reason do you think he is worth £35m......<laugh> .His best performance has been with a lower end of the premiership club who has been punching above its weight and for the last few seasons have shown we are a small fish in a big pond.....I remember fans on here saying Bony was worth £30 £40m and look what happened to him when he ended up a flop and down graded that has ended his Premiership dream......Gylfi if he wants to keep playing regular should stay with us as the grass is not always greener that he should know very well.....If he is chasing the money then good luck to him but I don't see him getting much game time as before because there are far better midfielders out there than someone who has already tried and been a flop at big clubs....

17. seabreeze

It appears we have some decisions to make about Siggy, possibly, being sold . Should we sell him to Rafa , coming up from the Championship with Newcastle for 15 million ( including tip ) or should we sell him to a big club , probably going into Champions League , for twice that much ... Jeopardy 30 second timer music playing while we wait an answer :)

Stumpy likes this.
  18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Given what Utd paid for Pogba, he's worth £100m as he's levels above him :)

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  19. DragonPhilljack

I was only just now getting used to Roofer, now we are back to Breezy?? You have a serious identity crisis.....................<laugh>

20. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

I don’t get it. If Gylfi has shone in what you (swanseanadproud) describe as such a weak side, does that not prove just how good he is?
    If he is not surrounded by quality players but still shows himself to have a huge impact on games, be it via goals or assists. I think I heard a stat the other day that no-one has run further than Gylfi throughout this season, which shows just how committed the guy is.
    He’s proved himself on the international stage also!
    15 million would surely not be an offer we would entertain?!

seabreeze, DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.