1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini's gone - replacements!?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Pricy147, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Pricy147

Pricy147 Active Member

Clearly we need to bring someone in proven in the premiership. Also - ideally suited to our style of play. We also dont want to spend too much money - but need to invest to a certain degree.

I personally think we are now two strikers short for the prem - so how about two Arsenal strikers who are used to our style of play!....

Carlo Vela on loan - like we were linked last year.
    Nikolas Bendtner - ~ 12m - might be high in wages

£12m might be a lot - but a proven striker, and a combined pairing that would be pretty formidable in front of our midfield.

Arsenal are looking to shift from reports - so could be a good option! Depends how much Huw wants to spend.

Thoughts?

2. Ctrl Freak

Ctrl Freak Member

Cyril The Swan has just come from the Cygnets on a Bosman.

Result.

3. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

I really can't see us spending 12 million on one player Pricey. I'd guess that 3-5 million is the most we'd consider spending on a player at the moment. Although we have 90 million it's wise to invest and make sure we have sound financial footing if we come down again.

4. Ctrl Freak

Ctrl Freak Member

The 90 million is inclusive of the parachute payment too, so there's no way we'd be able to afford anywhere near 10 million even. It's the wages that's the big thing. It's all well and good signing big names but you've got to pay them the money.

This is where Buck will have to come into his own and pull off a Wenger/Fergie. We need someone that is going to GROW into a £15 million player.

5. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Hahahaha. 12mil for Bendtner!? Are you mad? "Proven striker"? Yeah... he´s been proven to be average, have a huge ego and garner more attention for his choice of boot sponsorship deals than his football!

I just found this,

http://thishabboforum.com/showthread.php?t=24544

It´s a full list of all the players with contracts expiring this summer... I think it deserves it´s own thread though because it´s a big talking point.

6. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

I'll see you at the thread if you make it! It's an interesting list.

7. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

Shame about Borini, because thats a player for free there! who knows our system. oh well.
    We may have to spend a bit on a decent player now.
    Vela?

8. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Hugo Rodallega would be a great signing , for more than 1 reason . We need to push to re - sign Pratley . Through all the tension of his season , he quietly scored 10 non penalty goals & assisted on half a dozen in 28 starts & a handful of subs . Nothing against Sinclair , as he is our most amazing player , but he scored 13 non penalty goals & 2 assists in 42 starts . I hope our top scorer , from the season before , has a change of heart . It's in his best interest to have his shot at the Premier with a team that he's played with .

9. Millpond Swan

Millpond Swan Member

Finding quality players in areas that we need to strenghthen will not be easy as the biggest stumbling block for our club is always going to be the wages.

10. Doey

Doey Member

I'm hoping the Bendtner for £12m comment was tongue in cheek?!? I'm not convinced we need to go for a "proven" striker, Yes it would be brilliant but I don't think we'll be seeing any big money signings.

I reckon we may see how smart Brendan really is though. When HJ gave him £1m last year he came up with Scott Sinclair! Not to mention some of the wheeling and dealing with loan players including Borini. I bet Brendan has a nice little black notebook with a shopping list on it.

11. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Also , Demba Ba would be a great signing from West Ham in the 3 to 4 million range . 7 goals in 10 starts with them last season .

12. PembsJack

PembsJack New Member

I think Demba Ba would be an absolutely fantastic signing. He's fast, strong and scored 7 goals in 10 games for a struggling side this season. however once again wages would be a major stumbling block.

13. Dan_boi

Dan_boi Member

Marvin Emnes' contract has expired at Middlesbrough and apparently we're looking to bring him back in.

14. gazswan

gazswan New Member

I doubt we will get any premier league players in but prob some decent championship or foreign players. Wages would be too high for premier league players. We will be cautious just in case we get relegated and get stuck with high earners. Emnes would be great for us

15. Millpond Swan

Millpond Swan Member

Maybe Brendan should have a chat with his old mate in Madrid to see what's available there for a season long loan.

16. Joe Allen's short man syndrome

spot on gazswan. we will not be spending more than a few million on any player let alone 12 million. to even contemplate rodellega or bendtner is ridicolous. we will be getting some of the better players in the championship or players who are currently playing abroad. established premiership players wages will be far too much. and look what has happened to teams like hull who went and spent big when they went up. we will do similarly to blcakpool invest in infrastructure and bring in a few good signings. i have confidence that jenkins and the board will do it right and go for long term success rather than go mad on a dream that will go horribly wrong if we come back down. unlike blackpool hopefully we will stay up. wont be the end of the world if we do come down with extra money and better layers/facilities. look what west brom did yo yo team for few years now looking good in premiership and few more eyars will be established. all without completly breaking the bank and playing good football. them and stoke are the model

17. jimmyswan

jimmyswan Member

12m for Bendtner? Doubt it very much mate! Vela is deffinetly an option, WBA haven't played him much at all. Lets just hope BR can work his magic in the transfer window.

18. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Borini should have been up front with Rodgers about his pre-contract agreement but that's spilled milk now and good luck to him, and that's always the danger with loan players. Look at Cardiff. I wish him all the best.

Ba is a cracking player and is a good shout.

Trouble is we are now weeks behind everyone else in the race to sign someone decent. I also think Chelsea might be a little less forthcoming now we're in the same league, though we clearly won't be challenging them, so you never know.

19. Millpond Swan

Millpond Swan Member

I wouldn't mind attemting to get Daniel Sturridge on a season long loan,I don't mind having one or two players on loan as i think that will be how we could get class players and then buy several other good players to strengthen the squad.

20. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Guys, i think it has been said by a few. We will not be spending big money. Ba has been mentioned, dream on we will not be paying wages anywhere near what he would want. Brendan will be loking for young talent ( in the fabio mold). Who wont cost a fortune and whose wages we can afford. He will already know who he wants. I dont think we will be bringing in any big names. But the right striker is out there for us and i am sure that Brendan will find him.