1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by superblackcatforever, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superblackcatforever

Liverpool want £12m

GET IT PAID !

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

They also want Borini out and his wages off their books ......... they have bigger fish to fry and I think we'll hold out at £10 million.

That extra £2 million could mean Alonso or a better contract offer to Wickham.

3. JammySAFC

JammySAFC Well-Known Member

Spot on. £10 mil is more than enough, and if we can pocket Alonso as well that's great for our club.

4. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Although I like Borini as he can play on the left or up front I would not go over the 10mil mark remember his alleged replacement Bony cost 12mil only a year ago (I know TV money inflates prices) but its 10mil or less in my opinion

5. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Negotiate but get it done now!!!!

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

They'll sell for ten I believe, We'll make that move when we get some players off the books I reckon.

7. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

I don't think he's worth that - I'd go for £8m rising to £10 for targets hit - I think the bigger sticking point will be his wage demands. I've no idea what he's on but I recall that LFC were still paying a large chunk while he was on loan as part of the deal for Mig

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Offer £10million up front they will bit e our hands off.

This is how the Toon get the deals done, saving them millions.

Ashley may be fat & hilarious, but he knows how to get business done, in his favour.

9. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Dont you feel 10 mio is a bit steep? I mean 10 mil could get you a player of Remy quality right? Guaranteed 10-15 goals a season.

12 mio for a player liverpool won't play, they must be having a laugh. What did Arsenal pay for Giroud? 12 mio for a player who isnt in his national side. a player who could hardly get a game at his parent club. Don't do it.

6 mio, now that's Borinis worth. Maybe 7.

10. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

But you have to pay over the odds for Premier League based players! I think 7-8 million, rising to 10 million maximum based on performances would be ok! We could probably get someone of equal quality abroad for 6 million, but Borini would be less risky, we know what we will be getting, so paying an extra few million might be worth it!

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He's worth about £6-7million, your right. But you don't buy anything fpr 'what it's worth' nowadays sadly.

12. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

There's got to be more value knocking around for £12m than Borini.

No disrespect lads, I know he was seen as a bit of a hero for some of his goals last season but he's not £12m worth of player. 7 league goals, weren't half of them penalties? That's not what I'd be wanting for my £12m.

Liverpool spend too much on him, that's no excuse for you to clean up their mess. Let him sit there until January getting no games and I bet you'll pick him up for £6-7m

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think in reality Terry, if we'd signed a few already then I reckon we'd all agree.

Facts are we want the lad, and we are desperate for bodies.

14. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Since when has what they paid for him been part of the price? They want their money back. So what? If that`s the case we want £5m for Graham.

Offer what he`s genuinely worth to us or shop elsewhere.

15. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

The problem is getting players to come to Sunderland and the other problem is getting players to fit into our wage structure.

He is worth the money IMO because he will come, he will fit in and he wants to be at SAFC.

Other players would come for money but would they play to their potential?

16. Tel (they/them)

That's the wrong attitude though nads, give yourself a slap!

This guy didn't come up trumps very often, I'd sell Fletcher and fetch in Rhodes, **** Borini off and go for Moses. Sorted.

17. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

If your using Giroud as an example of why you shouldn't pay big money for a player who isn't in his national side well Giroud is 2 short of his 100th appearance. He's scored 39 goals and made 24 assists in his Arsenal career. Last season he scored 22 and made 12 playing 51 times so I'm not sure why you think he doesn't get games at arsenal. In fact those are very good statistic and invalidates your point completely. Maybe you shouldn't judge players solely on their their maiden premier league season, what's more maybe you shouldn't judge Borini on goals in his full maiden premier league season, especially as he played on the left.

Most of us watched every single one of Borini's games for us last season, saw his game, how he plays, watched his movement and his commitment and nobody has valued him at 6 million(edit, gonads has). I'll go off our own personal scouting reports rather than your poor comparison and logic. sorry fella

He's an 8m player for me, but I understand teams are paying more domestically at the moment so we have to expect us to play a bit more. 10 absolute top end even then the last 2m should be in extras triggered.

18. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

He's only 23. Get him in for £11m and have done.

19. Tel (they/them)

Think he's saying Giroud's value at £12m is good, using his as a yard stick Bri. Although I think he cost £15m. Looks like he's referring to Borini ref national stats.

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Mate, it's wrong to say that.

He contributed a hell of a lot more than goals did Fabio, he was busy and pressed and harried, he fought for the badge.

He played on the left as well, so if you look at him as a left winger, that's a cracking goal return.

Moses? Are you ****ing kidding me man, ha. Thinks he's ****ing Pele and has been well found out at a big club, would see us as a step down and disappear up his own arse.

I'd be more inclined to take Zaha off your hands, and even then I fear we'd have similar issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.