1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini and the open top bus parade

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by leetrunds10, May 31, 2011.

1. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Never mind lads. The lad has a bright future, and has shown his loyalty, which means nothing to a lot of "older pro's".

I wish him all the best with Parma, but I have a feeling he will be back one day. He'll soon realise the Italian league just doesn' suit his style.

Fabio - Thanks for the goals fella!

2. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

Yeh I heard on Radio Wales Sport news that he's signed for Parma. Good luck to him, he's been brilliant for us and helped get us to the big time!!

Hope we can bring in someone equally good if not better!

3. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

With you on that man! Decent cover for Sinclair and Dyer, but I don´t think he´d cut it in our system in the Premiership sadly. I could be wrong, but I think the amount of money involved in getting him in makes it a gamble not worth taking!

4. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

Yeh I'm not keen on Emnes either Scott. He'll always be a legend for scoring that goal against Kairdiff but that's not what we're after. Who would you guys like to see come in to replace Fab Borini?

5. Ctrl Freak

Ctrl Freak Member

I'm gutted that he's gone. Really gutted. I think he had what it took to function in a mid-position Premier League side. Just look at his technique for that Norwich goal. Having a look about now and wondering who we can bag.

Huw Jenkins is going to have to adjust to the financial reality of paying a lot of money for a player in the PL that might not turn out to be so good after all. Like someone said above, we're going to need someone who can bag 20-25 goals for us.

6. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Really? Berbatov got 20 and cost 30mil, so aiming for 20-25 goals is a lot! I think Borini would´ve got 15 max for us, but I think he´d have been perfect for us. Such a shame he´s decided to take a chance elsewhere, I really don´t understand it to be honest. Surely he won´t be first choice at Parma, and at the Swans he´d have been our main striker playing in a team who plays football the right way, who will have the whole world curiously following them, and who, if the right offer had come in for him, would probably have allowed him to move on.

Still, Parma will probably pay him twice what we would have, I just hope that´s not his sole reason for going...

7. hammersmithjack

hammersmithjack New Member

And do we really think Beattie and Moore are up for it either? Best to trade them both in and get someone good who hasn't come up from the Championship rather than someone who is there already and is expensive or someone who is coming down who will want to retain Premiership wages. We already have to pay the next instalment on Sinclair although that is money well spent. Wild thoughts....Boothroyd? Even Chopra. Earnshaw? Or do we try to get another very good kid from a big club like Sinclair and Borini? Also we need defensive cover although do we think that the problems Reading caused us down our left were just Tate out of position against someone really good that Taylor would have been able to handle? Another question - what is the situation with Bodde?

8. Ctrl Freak

Ctrl Freak Member

If you look at the other clubs that put offers in for him... Bayern Munich, Shalke, Bolton... There's obviously something about Parma that makes him want to play for them. Maybe he's got ties to the club in some way? I'm not sure.

There's no loyalty in football anymore and to be honest, if you'd have told me when we got him that he'd have this much of an impact then be off to Parma I would have bitten your hand off.

OK, maybe 20 is optimistic, but at least 15 or so! Hopefully i'll be proved wrong and they'll come from all over the park, not just the front men.

9. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

How about Simon Davies on a cheapy?

10. Doey

Doey Member

My first post!

My understanding is that Borini signed the pre-contract before he came to Swansea. I think if it he had a straight choice between Swans and Parma he would have stayed with us! Very good young talent but we'll now have to find a way to manage without him... I'm gutted as well. Also, I don't think Borini missed the parade because of Parma, I think he is at the Toulon Tournament in France playing for Italy U20's.

On the Bodde question I think it's looking pretty good. I've seen him train a few times and looks like he's doing really well and no obvious signs of injury.

11. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

They said on the Radio that he signed the pre-contract agreement in Febuary Doey.

12. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

Union jack I think thats what he meant.

Maybe Danny Graham? but even 3-4 million seems quite a lot of money to pay for a striker.
    Emnes could be worth it.
    But probs moore and Beattie wont be up for it - They could prove me wrong?
    Pintado is probably off so....
    Not much of a choice atm

13. Doey

Doey Member

Yeah thats what I was trying to say. Borini signed the deal with Parma before joining the Swans, and I think with hindsight he may regret that as he seems to love Swansea and would relish a chance in the Premiership. You never know though... Stranger things have happened in football than players going back on deals?!?

Personally I don't think Moore and Beattie will cut it which is a shame. I actually quite like Luke Moore but he doesn't have the work rate fans love to see, but being a signing of Brendan (all be it free) he's the more likely to stay.

I think we're going to lose a few fringe players now, and i'm excited to see what names we're linked with again... Gudjohnsen? Caicedo? Sturridge?

14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Ivor after coming off here last night, I went down my local for a pint, and got told that he was gone to Parma, and that we are replacing him with Emnes, I was also told that the reason he was not on the bus parade was because of international duty, so it looks like we will lose him, there is no way we can compete with Parma on contract terms, big shame because he was the sort of striker I liked!..............
    please log in to view this image

On a separate issue, anyone notice someone else was missing of the parade bus? Little Leon Britton was not there, and the reason being is he flew out to Antigua, where he is getting married, with a very small private party of 14, hope Leon knows what he is doing??...............

15. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Thanks, Phil. Gutted about Fabio because imo he had everything for so young a striker. I hope Buck keeps in touch with him so if things don't work out at Parma, we'll be in with a shout of signing him.

Got lots of thoughts about strikers but I'll save them for another thread.

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Daniel Sturridge is top of my wish list, and maybe Rodgers will go in for him again, really hope so!.............