1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bored of it all now.

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by zozozela, Jan 17, 2016.

1. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

I find myself fed up of the whole malarkey with Ramsey.
    We're the ones that are now continuing the animosity regarding this incident involving him and I think it plays into the hands of Arsen.
    Yes, Ramsey has perpetuated the antagonism by refusing to accept an apology off Shawcross, and Wenger is always ready to recall the incident, but tonight it looked like it was us that were holding on to it all; like we were happy that Ramsey had got his leg broken.
    I have no love of Wenger and his criticism of Stoke has been out of order. I also, believe he is responsible for Shawcross never playing again for England (i know I keep saying this). Despite this, I hate that this now colours every game we play against them.

jowlermonkey, nickyb and Smithers like this.
  2. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

I agree zoz and it is time it was all forgotten about, though I also think the media continue to focus on the incident every time Arsenal visit the Britannia which certainly does not help. It's 6yrs ago, Ramsey has recovered from it, has been playing consistently well, Ryan has been immense for us and more than deserves a recall by England. Enough is enough.

nickyb likes this.
  3. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We just make ourselves look like idiots - I don't like Ramsey or the way Shawx was savagely dragged through the press by Wenger but it's done - said as much on the Arsenal board.

I thought the games waS awful, the pitch was terrible and Arsenal were weak and toothless tonight, gutted we didn't beat them! However moaning about having a clean sheet against the league leaders shows how far we have come.

Bojan ineffective again, Walters was very poor going forward and Wollshit is absolutely shocking. If you watch him closely you can even see on his face that he can't believe he's there!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    nickyb likes this.
  4. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

I noticed the pitch seemed to be chopping up too. It has been very wet though.

Ramsey is a twonk, but we've sunk to what he and Arsen have accused us of all along; thuggery.

I enjoy the fierce atmosphere we can generate but it felt beyond that today.

Smithers likes this.
  5. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Thw animosity againstArsenal goes back to 1971 & 1972 !!

However, sinnce the Ramsey incident nobody comes out of it smelling of roses, curiously enough except Shawcross.

The behaviour of certain fans, and I use the word loosely, sickens me. Ashamed to be a Stokie

Taffvalerowdy and zozozela like this.
  6. Smithers

Forum Moderator

In years gone by we have generally waited for them to start on Shawx before starting on Ramsey, however the last couple of times it seems a large section of fans have decided to just go for Ramsey from the off - I just cant condone it myself.

I also think both Pulis and Wenger should be ashamed of themselves, their animosity for each other (and club) fuelled the animosity, or borderline hatred on the pitch.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Taffvalerowdy and zozozela like this.
  7. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

I would like Shawcross to say that he wants it forgotten now. I was embarrassed.
    My lad asked why I wasn't singing it (I'm normally very vocal) and I gave him the back story and he was really confused/baffled by why we'd want to draw attention to the incident. I agree with him.

8. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

Disgraceful behaviour from some of the Stoke fans yesterday, completely out of order

Taffvalerowdy, Smithers and zozozela like this.
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game on Sky, but read an article (Daily Telegraph website) which didn't paint (I guess a small section of) Stoke supporters in a good light.

It's a shame - you're having a wonderful season yet because of a section, the London based media can focus on that, rather than your achievements on the pitch - something that we can only dream about at present!

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season - except when we travel to your place! <cheers>

Any chance of letting us come home with the 3 points.......

Ok - I will get my coat...... <laugh>

10. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Cheers for that Taff and your spot - we have fallen into the trap of being our own worst enemies!

Re the match, I thought Butland, Shawx & Whelan were excellent. Pieters and Johnson were very quiet but I would have expected that with Arsenals width and pace. Thought Walters struggled (Just shows how effective Shaq is), but put in a good shift - cant believe that break pass fell to him! Bojan was very quiet and ineffective again and Arnie was one of the few to really cause them problems.

My main issue is Wollschield, the amount of times the run came through him behind Shawx was crazy! His distribution is below the required level for this standard, and his composure is poor under pressure. However more importantly his inability to read the game and cover is highlighted by his lack of pace. Ricc did point out that he has the pace of his 89 year old nan in slippers - I would just like to add an additional factor to that analogy - on a polished laminate floor! I can count a number of occasions where blocks were flying in and he appeared to be just watching!

zozozela, nickyb and Taffvalerowdy like this.

11. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

I can't agree more with the sentiments stated, but as stated also will the press ever let it lie, to be honest I don't think they will.

think we should nickname wooly, SS cus he's got the turning speed and circle of a cruise ship.

ricc full likes this.
  12. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I don't remember the press being so supportive of Shawx's constant abuse from both the fans and Wenger. I still believe that Wenger contributed to Shawx being unwelcome in the Engkand squad.

Any way, glass houses and all that. At least we're big enough to criticise our own fans for their behaviour!

13. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Hang on thats racist JM....ye can't associate a German with the SS !!!!

Some thing static or immobile...Interference or Berlin Wall perhaps

14. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

I've seen faster paint. Maybe the answer to the Ramsey thing is to applaud every time he touches the ball.

15. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

Totally agree 're England fella; I think Wenger is inappropriately influential in the England set up and has been for years.

I must have been hallucinating but I'm sure Adrian Durham has been critical of all fans for this type of chanting; calling Wenger out for not criticising his own fans for chanting for the death of Shawcross.

Taff, good luck 're the rest of the season. I think we have shown that we will give up the three points to every team below us so I think you'll find us accommodating of your request.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

16. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

How true Zoz

17. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

Im really worried about Woolshite. I think we should start singing "are you a pensioner in disguise". If Huth was still at Stoke I would really fancy us ahving a go at finishing top 6 but I know ive got to let it go now. Huth has gone and its time for me to move on. We have Muniesa who can come back after his injury and get another quality CB in the January window hopefully and send Woolshite on the next boat home. I dont like slating a Stoke player but he is very poor and needs dropping.

Smithers likes this.
  18. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I wouldn't mind Williams from Swansea.

ricc full likes this.
  19. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Hands off! <laugh>

ricc full and Smithers like this.