1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boothferry vs. the KC

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Jimmy Graham's bald head, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Jimmy Graham's bald head

Jimmy Graham's bald head Well-Known Member

12,000 (at the end) vs. 25,000
    Standing vs. All seater
    Nostalgia vs. the future
    Not full vs. full(ish)
    Football only vs. sharing with egg chasers
    'Fer Ark vs. Kingston Communications
    Good Bovril vs. bad beer
    Really well kept pitch vs. inconsistent pitch

Which do you prefer?

2. johnfirth

johnfirth Active Member

As much as I loved going to BP it was time to move on, I saw the KC for the first time this august and I was very impressed, also I'd take bad beer over good bovril any day of the week

3. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

is there anything wrong with the beer at the kc? I only drink bitter so cant vouch for the lagar but it tastes ok?

or is it just bad as it takes ages for them to get you it and its stupidly priced?

4. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

I like the k.c it is one of the better looking grounds in the country, the only problem is the legroom is terrible and you get shot if you stand up. ( well I dont im on the back row and cooper's and rose's henchmen dont dare come up here ;) )

5. johnfirth

johnfirth Active Member

It tasted ok to me but it was a little pricey and it did take a while to get it, I missed the start of the second half against Swansea but I did waste a bit of time chatting with Burnsey, Swannie and Mike White up the back of the west stand

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The beer's not great at the KC, but it's in a different class to the pies, which are inedible.

The KC's a far better stadium that BP, though obviously BP was great in it's day.

It's just a pity we can't seem to replicate the BP support at the KC, 5,000 at BP were louder than 20,000 at the KC.

7. EastParkTiger

EastParkTiger Member

It would be nice to have the Boothferry pitch at the KC.

8. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

as a venue for watching football its got to be Boothferry Park, as people have already said the atmosphere was far better, loved the way everything was painted in black n amber compered to the drab walls at the kc,
    more legroom in the seats at bp
    far better sausage rolls at bp, wont even touch the food anymore at kc,
    but at the end of the day i go were my team plays;]

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I miss Boothferry Park for the atmosphere but it's much nicer to be at a modern stadium now.

10. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

Somebody was explaining the accoustics the other day and how the kc isnt well designed for football.

But that got me thinking, only a couple of years ago (promotion season i think) every other week people kept saying how load our support was and how we were the 12th man.

The Play-off semis against Watford with the mexican wave too!

So if the accoustics wernt an issue then why are they now!?

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Old grounds with four stands each boxed in work like speakers and amplify the sound, but in modern bowl type grounds the sound dissipates, so you have to make much more noise to generate the same sort of atmosphere. I read an article about it in the Times......

12. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

Boothferry Park with 30,000+ crowds (for those that can remember them) was by far the best for atmosphere and excitement for sure. An experience many of today's newer supporters will never relate to. The 'Old' Boothferry park with a demolished North Stand and a condemned East stand was a sad sight to see.
    The KC though has been a blessing for this Club, for without it we will not have got this next generation of supporters.
    The KC though is probably as good as any modern ground, just need to get the pricing cheaper and atmosphere rocking.

13. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate to have experienced both but BP when I was much younger so it's hard to compare.. We're lucky to have such a modern stadium but Walton St needs re-developing IMO.. and I'd have named the stadium "The Circle" - simple and relating to the old cricket ground where we played pre-wars..

Right on the beer - queues were too long! haven't tried the pies..

14. ToxicPond

ToxicPond Member

I agree about the naming of the stadium. It should be re-named now and I agree with 'The Circle'. This is what it is called on all of the Football manager games too!

15. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

all of the above & it is keg fizz not proper beer.

16. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

imagine the waiting times though with hand pulled pints!

17. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

Has anyone heard anything recently about the expansion/cheaper tickets?

Also if the Allams were to but the ground would they/could they change the name?

18. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

I really dont understand the waiting times as it is?? Everything is ready the food and pints are just sat there all they have to do is pick them up and take the money, rinse and repeat. Yet they always look like we caught them off guard, like they weren't expecting anyone at half time!

dennisboothstash likes this.
  19. dem_on

dem_on Member

With 55,000 in Boothferry park and the strains of the entry song "The Boothferry Roar" ringing out the place was jumping , but it was "brass monkey " cold on Bunkers with the wind howling around before the Stand was built and the driving sleet and snow were a bit of a dampener on a cold winters day.

20. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

overall, the KC. however I do miss standing at games as I am not good at sitting for any length of time. I am often one of those people that annoys all around by needing to go for a piss after 20 minutes or so. At boothferry it was possible to move around. I'd often start on Bunkers and - if we were attacking the North Stand in the 2nd half - move at half time.