1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolton Vs The Gas Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    VS
    please log in to view this image

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

What's your prediction? Mine is a 1-0 defeat.

3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Last Meeting

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Head To Head @ Bolton

PLD 13 W 2 D 3 L 8 GF 8 GA 23

Biggest Gas Win 2-0 - Tuesday 4th February 1986

Biggest Bolton Win 5-1 - Saturday 18th January 1975

Highest Score Draw 2-2 - Saturday 17th January 1987

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I think our luck is going to change 1-0 win for the GAS

bs3 gas and Captain Jack Sparrow like this.
  6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

We're better and they're worse, so I'm sure we'll get at least a point from this one.

7. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Supporters will be able to pay on the day at tomorrow's SkyBet League One fixture against Bolton.

Darrell Clarke's side make the journey to the Macron Stadium on Tuesday 28th February, for an 8pm kick-off.
    The Club have received an allocation of tickets in the Lower Tier of the Franking Sense South Stand for the fixture and tickets will go off sale from the Memorial Stadium at 5pm today, but as mentioned, supporters will be able to pay at the ground tomorrow evening.

Ticket Prices

Adult - £15
    Over 65's - £7
    Under 23's- £7
    Under 18's - £7
    Under 12's - £7

Anyone who requires a wheelchair or Ambulant disabled should contact the club's Ticket Office Manager Clare McDonagh direct on 0117 952 4001.
    Parking is available, priced at £7 per car, £12 for a minibus and £20 per coach.

8. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Very generous ticket prices I would only have to £7 as I'm under under 23:emoticon-0136-giggl

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I agree with old timer. Something is telling me we will win 1-0 or 2-1.

James to finally score <whistle>

bs3 gas likes this.
  10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

If bs3 gas says we will win then I reserve the right to change my mind <whistle><laugh>

bs3 gas and Gasheadseamge79 like this.

11. bs3 gas

bs3 gas Well-Known Member

I'm not saying anything, but I fancy us to win this 2-1

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Oh FFS <doh> Thats us buggered then. May as well not bother listening now! <laugh>

Im not going to tell you what my favourite colour is but in case you wondered its blue of course ;)

Gasheadseamge79 and bs3 gas like this.
  13. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Last time I went to Bolton was to watch the 2-2 draw in January '87 when we played in those rather fetching 'custard tart' shirts so as this is almost the thirtieth anniversary of that match I will go for the same result tonight....no real logic I know !

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  14. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Maybe Harrison will have a stormer and Lucas will get one too...

15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

8:00pm kick off then I wonder why that is?

16. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

THREE TO WATCH: BOLTON WANDERERS

Take a look at the potential threats in the ranks of Tuesday's hosts, Bolton Wanderers.

#14 - Gary Madine - Striker

The twenty-six-year-old forward is now in his second season at the Macron Stadium and so far this campaign the striker has found the net on eight occasions, making him Bolton's top scorer following the departure of Zach Clough in January.
    The forward is currently enjoying a good spell in front of goal, netting in Bolton's victory at Walsall earlier this month and scoring the equalising goal in Bolton's 2-2 draw with Bradford.

#6 - Josh Vela - Midfielder

A product of the Bolton Academy, the twenty-three-year-old has been a regular feature of the Bolton side over the past three seasons, making just over one-hundred appearances for the club.
    The youngster has made three Premier League appearances for the Trotters and had a seven-game loan spell at Notts County during the 2013/14 season.
    So far this season the midfielder has contributed seven goals in all competitions, his last strike coming in Bolton's victory over promotion-chasing Scunthorpe United at the end of December.
    Rovers fans will recall Vela finding the net when Bolton visited the Memorial Stadium back in August.

#31 - David Wheater - Defender

The thirty-year-old defender is a long-time servant at the Macron Stadium, having originally joined the club back in January 2011 for a £2.5 million fee from Middlesbrough.
    The towering defender has since made over one-hundred-and-thirty appearances since his arrival at Bolton and this campaign the centre-back has been a pivotal part of Bolton's defence, with thirty-five appearances and five goals to his name.
    The defender's last goal came in Bolton's 2-2 draw against Bradford City, taking advantage of poor defending to fire home a right-footed effort that clipped the post on its way into the net.

17. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

We take a look at Tuesday's opponents in SkyBet League One, Bolton Wanderers.

Team News: Rovers are without defender Peter Hartley, who remains sidelined with a long-term injury.

Click HERE to watch Assistant Manager Marcus Stewart preview Tuesday's encounter with Bolton Wanderers.

Opposition:
    Bolton are currently 4th in SkyBet League One and head into Tuesday's match on the back of a 2-0 to Sheffield United. At home, Bolton have secured eleven wins, recording three draws and three defeats.

Dangerman - #6 - Josh Vela: A product of the Bolton Academy, the twenty-three-year-old has been a regular feature of the Bolton side over the past three seasons, making just over one-hundred appearances for the club.
    The youngster has made three Premier League appearances for the Trotters and had a seven-game loan spell at Notts County during the 2013/14 season.
    So far this season the midfielder has contributed seven goals in all competitions, his last strike coming in Bolton's victory over promotion-chasing Scunthorpe United at the end of December.
    Rovers fans will recall Vela finding the net when Bolton visited the Memorial Stadium back in August.

Tickets: Supporters will be able to purchase tickets on the day. For ticket information please click HERE.

Betting: Rovers are priced at 13/5 for an away win with League sponsors SkyBet. The home side are priced at 21/20 for a victory, while a draw can be backed at 12/5.

Keeping Up With The Game: Full match commentary of Rovers game with Bolton Wanderers can be heard through Gas PlayerHD. Supporters can access our LIVE match coverage by clicking here.

Alternatively, stay tuned to the club’s social media outlets.

Bristol Rovers found on Twitter and Facebook. Make sure you follow the club's official Instagram account for behind the scenes contentand make sure you use #BristolRovers!

18. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

19. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

20. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator