1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bolton v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 2, 2017.

?

SCORELINE:Bolton v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Aug 6, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

13.0%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bolton by 1

4.3%
  6. Leeds by 1

26.1%
  7. Bolton by 2

4.3%
  8. Leeds by 2

34.8%
  9. Bolton by 3 or more

8.7%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

8.7%
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Bolton v Leeds Utd

Sunday 6th [email protected]

Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone

Leeds kick off their 2017-18 campaign with an away trip to newly promoted Bolton Wanderers.

Thomas Christiansen has been busy during the Summer trying to snap up every midfielder he can, though to be fair Leeds quality and flair with the likes of Klich, Saiz and Alioski should benefit the team in the long run.

I would guess that Christiansen wants a team that can control the midfield, and keep the ball. My prediction is that he will start with a five man midfield with Roofe wide on the right, Viera as the defensive midfielder, Saiz attacking, O'Kane, and Alioski wide on the left.

It will be interesting to see who starts with Pennington in central defence in Jansson's absence. Will it be Cooper, or will TC play Ayling out of position. There are a number of alternatives that Leeds can use at right back. If he does decide to move Ayling across, my guess is Anita would fill the slot.

Berardi first choice at left back.

Perhaps the biggest headache TC will have is who starts in goal. Personally I do not feel that Felix has done enough to earn the Keepers jersey.

Thoughts?

No guesses who starts up front....

My prediction is a 2-0 Leeds win.

@TheLUFCUltimate ----- https://www.youtube.com/c/THELUFCULTIMATE

@gravy0509 ------ leedsunitedfc.co.uk

Audio links

h**p://mixlr.com/simon_fc/

h**p://leedsunitedshirt.com/leeds-united-news-website/leeds-united-live-radio-streaming/

h**p://www.ustream.tv/channel/k-s-sports?lang=en_US

Today's streams

CRICFREE EN

CRICHD EN

MEDIAZONE EN

STREAMSPORT EN

SSTREAM EN

WIZHD EN

SOFT-SPORTS EN

SPORTS-STREAM EN

TUTTOSPORT EN

Acestream Links

SS ME acestream.org EN

ELEVEN SPORTS acestream.org PL

SPORT 1+ acestream.org DE

ZIGGO SELECT acestream.org NL

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    DirtyLeeds and Jammy 07 like this.
  2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Just out of interest, does anyone taking charge of the match day threads this season?:emoticon-0100-smile

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Farsleyexile likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all
    Still lots happening behind the scenes with new players coming in & going straight out on loan to sister club in Spain. Ivan Bravo owns 99% of that club through his highly respected 'Aspire Academies'. We are signing a kid from Eastern Europe today who had his medical at Man City yesterday? the kid comes to us from Barcelona but obviously couldnt get to TA so Man City stepped in.

Interesting piece from Mike Thornton about our buy to loan policy in a seperate thread.

I see us winning by 2 but thats a hail Mary guess as I dont know if Tommy or the new players have gelled yet. What I do know is that if we are to do anything this season we have to get more than 8 points that we got at the start of last season in first 7 games, and we need to finish the season better. If we do that we wont be far away from auto's but deff top 6

Cooper must play with Pennington with Ayling RB & Berardi LB - Anita as cover off the bench

FORZA LEEDS and Farsleyexile like this.
  5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc. Are you saying Citeh have pinched our player???

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, it's been an exciting preseason sadly I'll miss the first game of the season as I'll be on a plane flying out to Cyprus for my stepdaughters wedding.

seabreeze likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

No mate they helped us out doing the medical. Either Pep knew the kid and agreed or more likeley we have a link into Man City through 'Aspire Academies' who are really big in Middle East

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, congratulations pal.... <diva>:emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0139-bow:

ristac likes this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Blimey, would not have thought that a manchester club would be helping us out....

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

You do remember that when bates started slashing costs at TA that our academy director went to man City to be head of their Academy, we also lost the best coach/scout we ever had as he also went to Man City. He then poached all the best kids from West Yorkshire schools & boys clubs & arranged for them to be at Man City leaving us the not so top of the bunch.

Maybe still something there?

Farsleyexile, Jammy 07 and Whitejock like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Popey said something yesterday after being at ER for a press launch with Kinnear and some fans and players. Not sure why nobody has mentioned this unless its just me being wrong again: He said at the first presser of the season on Friday O'Kane will also be present? Does this mean O'Kane is the new captain or the club are now full Humanist :angel:

12. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I believe TC will start with a large core of last season's team & introduce the newbies slowly, to minimise disruption. We've still got a bit of gelling to do, but I guess Bolton have this problem too (no idea - assuming they've made some signings). I suspect the starting 11 will be the one I've predicted since I watched them in Austria - with one possible exception - Saiz may just have pinched Hernandez's slot:

Wiedwald; Ayling, Pennington, Cooper, Berardi; O'Kane, Phillips; Roofe, Hernandez or Saiz; Wood.

Just had a thought - as we're playing away, I wonder if Dallas, being more defence-minded, might get a game as we're playing away.

13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Long shot, I think. Could argue that Dallas will be captain as he was on the panel last night. I posted the link for the hour-long program in yesterday's thread, btw. It was actually very interesting with a lot of inside workings info form Kinnear. Worth a listen.

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Read a couple of things about the dressing room with Dallas being the funniest? Ayling quiet this season so far as missing his mate ...

15. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

No just helping out a mate

16. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Yes thanks for link WJ

17. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

That's how I'd line up but I'd rather we played Vieira than Phillips but it doesn't look like he's high up in TC's plans at the moment.

Really looking forward to seeing Alioski and Saiz, and I think Roofe will be a massive player this season.

Irishshako and Doc like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

My main concern is seeing who will be leaving as we may have Greene going & a couple of our 150 midfielders. Whats more important to Tommy slick attacking or staunch defending in the middle? I suspect players like Klich, Viera, O'kane, Phillips will be our defensive midfielders meaning Bridcutt goes. I also think Sacko, Roofe, Siaz, Alioski, Hernandez will be our attacking outlet which means Dallas may be gone?

19. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Think you are spot on WJ.

Saiz will definitely not start as TC said he still needs to build up his fitness and it will be a straight choice between Dallas and Allioski.

Problem is when I look at that team on paper it is hardly inspiring. I haven't seen any pre season games so maybe some players are showing signs of improvement. Roofe for example was not good enough last term yet somehow he kept being selected, especially towards the end of the season.

Probably just a slight pre season wobble on my part and once Pontus is available we will look stronger, but we definitely look weaker at the back for the Bolton game.

20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Hope Vieira doesn't get sidelined, he is going to be a proper player. He also might get a bit unsettled after establishing himself in the 1st team last season.