1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bob sacked.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by neveroffsidereff, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Absolutely not.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Agreed and they tried to tell us that he got the job as he was the best man for it. I am just staggered that they think the Swans fans are that thick to believe them.

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

One of the prime benefits of ownership, is you get to call the shots - all of them.
    To even be indulgent, if they wish.
    There is no necessity to consult with the man in the street, or those who choose to attend matches at The Liberty, or elsewhere.
    Choosing Bradley came within their remit, and they took the decision, which was theirs to make.
    Swans' supporters can moan and groan as much as they like, but they have NO input into decision making, particularly the all important one of choosing a Manager.
    The owners have now decided to change the Manager yet again, and they, and they only, will have to suffer the consequences if it turns out to be another poor choice.
    If the Club is relegated, they will be stuck with the failure, and any financial losses,should they be incurred, will be borne by them, and them only.
    On the other hand,the supporter can simply shrug his shoulders and move on, should they be so inclined.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  4. Taffvalerowdy

Seems a bob remains a tad delusional....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38451531

5. LIBERTARIAN

We don't normally disagree, Taff, but I see nothing " delusional" in that article.
    Bradley saying it as he sees it. No rancour, bitterness, mostly common sense. <ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. trundles left foot

Lib we all know and agree with that, but to try and con the fans into that he got the job as he was the best man for it is a joke and is pathetic. If he had been English he would not have been employed. So yes they have the right to employ who they want, just be honest about the reason.

7. trundles left foot

8. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Whoever we get. At this late stage of the season they must be someone who can inspire the team,use the window to bring in players who can change things,have contacts who would be willing to come and join the fight. With that in mind who fits the bill?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  9. trundles left foot

That is the big question and if we had sacked him earlier then the man was out there in Fat Sam but as usual we acted to late. I really don't know who the answer is, but I just hope it is someone who will stand up to the board, when it comes to signing players and backroom staff.

Bap666 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  10. Taffvalerowdy

Vetch - my interpretation is that he felt the owners were swayed by the negative atmosphere and should have ploughed on regardless with him.

However, they have spent £75m buying 68% of the Club and the value is in danger of plummeting:

"Jason and Steve are good men, they've been successful in business, but sports, football and business don't always work exactly the same way."

"I was disappointed that when a few balls don't bounce our way and we lose a few points, that they [Kaplan and Levien] let outside factors get in the way of the decision-making," he continued.

"They became more concerned by the negative atmosphere instead of realising this was a project and that we needed to stick to the plan."

My view is that they made a Business Decision - they hired a Manager who was failing to deliver. They did what any Private Equity investor would do, they acted to try and protect their investment. <cheers>

11. LIBERTARIAN

I didn't read anything re Bradley's appointment, but if the owners felt he WAS the best for the job, then that's it, the matter is closed. To them, he was the best, regardless of his nationality.
    Their hiring of Bradley was for the best of reasons, financially for them, and the Club.
    They had/have no real obligation, or duty, to ask anyone else whether their choice was a good one
    They certainly would not have employed him had they thought he wasn't the best, since that would have been an absurd scenario.
    You are judging IN HINDSIGHT, and everyone is right in those circumstances,hence your use of words such as "a joke" and "pathetic" are unreasonable.
    The owners did not have the benefit of hindsight when making the appointment, and have now acted to correct their earlier decision.
    The fact is, the next choice could end up being a worse one.

Many fans' are hurting, and venting their fears and frustrations arising out of the teams current parlous predicament, and I fully understand those emotions.
    They need someone to blame.
    Blaming the owners is the inevitable and easy way out for the average fan, and whilst football is a reasonably simple game, ownership and management of a Club, particularly a high profile Club like Swansea, is not so easy.

<ok><peacedove>

12. LIBERTARIAN

Totally disagree tlf. <ok>

13. trundles left foot

Lib I think we will have to.

14. LIBERTARIAN

I'm O.K.,and very comfortable with that, tlf. <ok>

15. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Well it doesn't say much of their business acumen hiring someone with no experience in a position which would directly affect their investment. Something that most of us thought at the time.

16. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

BB:
    "I was disappointed that when a few balls don't bounce our way and we lose a few points, that they [Kaplan and Levien] let outside factors get in the way of the decision-making," he continued.

"They became more concerned by the negative atmosphere instead of realising this was a project and that we needed to stick to the plan."

a) I think it's fair to say we lost a LOT of points.
    b) How long do you let the project run before you reach the conclusion that the existing plan isn't working? Bradley is maybe suggesting that he was led to believe he was there for the long haul.

17. trundles left foot

aswan, I like when he says a few balls don't bounce our way, would that be the 3 goals we concede every game.

18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

He places the blame on everyone else bar himself. With such blind faith in his own ability he would do well on The Apprentice.

19. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Bob Bradley would disagree with that. 18,000 Jacks voiced their disapproval and he was sacked. The owners will be more thoughtful when they choose the next manager, so the fans DO have an input into decision making, albeit indirect.

Bob Bradley: "I was disappointed that when a few balls don't bounce our way and we lose a few points, that they [Kaplan and Levien] let outside factors get in the way of the decision-making," he continued.

20. Taffvalerowdy

Well - he was fired!

DragonPhilljack and PGFWhite like this.