1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BOARD WATCH: The Final Countdown....

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Aug 19, 2017.

1. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

This is not our club anymore its the play thing of the amature sell their mother for a dollar yanks ! Aided and abetted by the traitors jenkins and trust etc !
    We will get it back one day once theyved finished rinsing us just hope its not bankrupt when we do !

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Any news yet?

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I'me just about to tuck into my dinner and it's staritng to rain,other than that no not really

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Is there any way we can get rid of Jenkins? Would a shot gun be too extreme? Been having theses delightful dreams lately of an SAS Jack army group of elite dumping him off the Mumbles pier at high tide with a concrete block around his snout, trouble is his nose still made it above the water line............:emoticon-0121-angry

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The yanks are more concerned with bricks and mortar than what is happening on the pitch, That side of things has been left to Jenkins....I now believe the yanks were never interested in football at all and it was all about the money they can make from the land and the buildings and extending the Liberty.....They are hell bent on buying the lease for 99 years than buying players that can keep us in the premiership....sad

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  7. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

The stadium will be bought in the next few weeks. Let's hope we get some players in before that!

8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Clucas fee has been agreed. Just broke on SSN.

PGFWhite likes this.
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Despite what was reported in the media recently, no deal between the 3 parties has yet been finalised. <cheers>

10. PGFWhite

Current State of Play

Day 1 – 19th August. Swans 0 Man U 4. No signings.
    Day 2 – 20th August. No signings.
    Day 3 – 21st August. Bid for Sam Clucas accepted. Bid for Bony rejected. No signings.
    Day 4 – 22nd August. MK DonsvSwans. Interest shown in signing Santiago Arias. No signings yet.

11. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

It's like big brother. Tomorrow will be Day 5, still no movement!!

PGFWhite likes this.
  12. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Now there's a thought put Huw and the Board in a 'Liberty Big Brother House' I have a feeling Huw will be up for an early eviction :emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

..... or it could be Pearlman, Kaplan or Levein will be first out given that we would be able to listen in on how the Yanks are "really" operating.....

Stumpy likes this.
  14. PGFWhite

1 week since we lost 0-4 at home to Man U and we have signed Sam Clucas from Hull and sold Stephen Kinsley to Hull.
    Six days to go to the closing of the transfer window.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

But these things take time and the Club want to be sure that any player brought has to be compatible with the team ,

Sorry that was a dream , more like cheap as chips regardless of the quality .

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Sorry lads, but I have very little confidence for this season, money has ruined the game and our club......... <ok>

17. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

It seems to have become a common theme across football. We've had our troubles with Tan, but things seem to be slowly sorting themselves out. Hull, Brum, Blackpool, to name a few, are all having their woes. They've all had their day in the sun but are now finding things tough. Very few British owners in football these days.

Not sure how different things were 30 years ago. There were mainly British owners but they still took what they could. The stakes were a lot lower in those days to be fair.

I agree with the majority of what has been said on this thread. The only surprise to me is the vitriol toward Jenkins. Not that long ago you were lauding him for his achievements, and they were impressive. My only comment at that time when many were saying how he loved the club was the fact that he let you go bust before putting his money in so he could buy you a lot cheaper. That suggested he was a businessman with his head ruling, not his heart.

The problem we had when Tan took over was it left us with no football nous in the club as was evident with the Cornelius debacle. That and other dealings have taken 4-5 years to unravel. Love him or hate him, with Warnock we now have that nous. I'd be happy if after his managing days he stayed on as an advisor. For you, that nous has remained, with Jenkins and Curtis, though the latter's influence may have been diluted in his current role. I'd suggest it is the Yanks and not Jenkins who are the decision makers and they may not be heeding his counsel.

I suppose the question is, would you prefer the trials and tribulations you're currently experiencing or to be still scratching around the lower divisions, or worse. Chester and Newport were in similar positions to Swansea but didn't have a 'Jenkins' to dig them out of the mire and had to reform. You were saved from that. A lot of clubs fans (probably including many 40 miles to your east) would gladly swap positions with you.

There's a long way to go in the season and plenty of points to play for.

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  18. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Even if Gylfi stayed we needed to strengthen. We have sold Cork, Gylfi an Gomes for £60m and spent £28m ish.

We are behind all the newbies and many Championship sides.

They have taken status in the PL for granted, let's hope I am wrong!

19. PGFWhite

Some fair points remote, but I think most fans think Jenkins has had his own day in the sun. He should have gone when he sold out. Now he is being judged on merit and his performance is not very impressive.

20. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Too many football fans' suffer from selective amnesia. They tend to forget all the good work that an individual has done over a prolonged period, and exchange it for insults and abuse when the individual has, a) moved on to a perceived better environment, b) is sacked for a sudden downturn in fortunes of the Club, or c) is seen to have enriched themselves to the perceived detriment of their Club.

Roberto Martinez, and Brendan Rodgers fit into category a).
    Michael Laudrup and Garry Monk into b).
    Huw Jenkins into c).

Taffvalerowdy likes this.