1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blackpool release Andy Reid

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by MartinhoCAFC, May 25, 2011.

1. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

No chance- would love him but he more than good enough for top half championship.

Think he will regret leaving us now though- club captain in a side 3rd in championship and on a good run of results.

3. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

He went to the prem so why would he regret that ?

4. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Can't seriously believe Blackpool have done this - with Adam off to the highest bidder, I'd have thought that Reid would have been finally able to show what he can do.

I'd have him back like a shot, but there's no realistic chance of that.

As for regret, he didn't initiate the move - we received a great offer for him which we accepted and by tripling his earnings, he gained financial security for his family - why on earth he couldn't make a significant impact from that point on, is anybody's guess.

5. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

Fantastic footballer. Can't see him going lower than the Championship at the moment. If he was to sign for you I'd be off to the bookie's.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Because he could have cemented himself as a regular here with us, who at the time we were looking good for a return at the first time of asking. Went on to be a bit part player, to not being deemed good enough for a side relegated to the championship.

Do most not attribute the sale of Reid to our downfall in the championship?

7. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

selling Reid removed Big Chris' supply line and that was how we scored goals

another dynamic move from the board looking to recoup there investment while we went down the pan to fund it

8. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

No i think there were other flaws in our squad

Unless we were a one man team .....

9. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

There's more chance of Chris Powell being shot between the eyes by the queen than there is of us signing Andy Reid...!!

I like 99% of the Charlton faithful would welcome him back with open arms because there's no doubt he's a tremendous player WHEN FIT.

It's clear that since leaving us he's struggled with fitness and has therefore not played enough games. If he can regain said fitness he's easily good enough to play for a top championship or middle of the road premiership side.

Whilst i wouldn't say no to taking him back i can see where Dick is coming from. A lot of restructuring is required in many different departments, so maybe investing so heavily in one quality yet injury prone player is not necessarily the way forward.

10. SeCafc

SeCafc New Member

Why does everyone want to bring in all these 'ex' charlton players! We need to get a new squad and make new charlton legends ;)

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Not a one man team, but it completely removed the creative spark. Not a coincidence we tailed off and goals were harder to come by after Reid left.....

12. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

Tewkesbury Addick wrote 'why on earth he couldn't make a significant impact from that point on, is anybody's guess'.

I don't think it requires any guessing. The answer is blindingly obvious. The only reason Spurs sold him to us at a price we could afford is that he was fat and unfit and could not be relied on to sustain a run of games. We sold him for the same reason. Too much of risk to keep him if we could get a decent price. Same story ever since with Sunderland and Blackpool.

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Kind of- he was disrupted in the Premiership, but he played nearly every game in the Championship. Just checked wiki, 23 games, 6 goals and 6 assists!!

14. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

if we pay him in
    please log in to view this image
    maybe he'll sign

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Haha- your loving the ability to put pictures up, eh? :emoticon-0105-wink:

16. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Eddie, I would agree with you, only the last time I saw Reid play on the box, he must have lost two stone at least - I didn't recognise him, he looked like an ambassador for Herbalife.

17. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

sign him up without a doubt (if only) his sale sent us down the swanny.