1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Birmingham vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 18, 2017.

1. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Blogs n clips on you tube it's hard to tell if brum fans ave the hump with their accent lol

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Spot on, although that is a relatively new thing. A few years ago, Barca would pass teams to death and no one seemed to have the answer.
    Now, teams press high and every coach is really switched on to "transition". In other words, win the ball back, preferably as high as possible and then hit teams with a fast counter attack. Even my lad's coaches in a Southern League U18s side does the same.

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  3. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

I love that thought Tranmore. I agree that this squad has the potential to be very good, with a little tinkering here and there. It'd be great to have a really solid second half to the season, and push onward and upward from there next year. Dreaming further, but if he works out, could Ravel be the driving force that Adel was that last year, to run the show and make magic happen...oh I could get so carried away.

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  4. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

Clive's happy too.

"The best performance of Ian Holloway’s second spell in charge saw him record his biggest win in QPR colours since a 4-1 win at Hartlepool in 2004 at St Andrew’s on Saturday.

Four goals, four different scorers, three very valuable points, the club’s biggest away win in two years… Saturday in the second city proved to be very gratifying for Ian Holloway’s Queens Park Rangers.

There had been signs that this might be coming, if you looked hard enough for them. The performance and win at Reading, the well-won point at Newcastle, the overall showing in a desperately unfortunate defeat at Blackburn, the second half against Huddersfield, Matt Smith’s full debut display, Luke Freeman’s cameo a week ago, Ryan Manning’s influence, Conor Washington’s two goals (should have been three but for a blind linesman) in three games, and so on."

More here:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...rangers-run-four-through-sorry-blues-–-report

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

A very enjoyable read.:)

p.s. Despite being obviously pleased, there are quite a "f words" sprinkled in the report.

6. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Still buzzing.....We the fans deserve results like this. Ive been very happy with last few performances and could see a result like this coming. Hopefully, we havent used up all our goals in one match especially as all our defeats of late have been by just the one goal. We have to win tomorrow....to get the consistency and confidence at home as well..

7. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Nobody is denying that it would be good if we could win tomorrow night but. A large part of the reason we haven't done well at home I suspect is that the crowd's anxiety, impatience and, in the case of a few, hostility by booing and berating individuals is largely contributing. too many are treating this as a MUST WIN game. I'm not so sure that really helps.

8. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

A good read and he is right about Sylla's rather lame celebration. Let's hope he's wrong about us losing to Wigan!

9. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Yes. In the post-Barca coaching era it's possibly easier for teams like us to win away rather than at home. For some unfathomable reason QPR in particular haven't been good against a high press for many years regardless of who's been in charge. Teams that are good at it are very confident in possession and work hard to always have a man available for the offload pass when the pressure comes. If only Luongo could add that to his game...

Uber_Hoop likes this.