1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

`big wow

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by bonnybobbypark, May 7, 2011.

1. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

Erm..... isn't that what a message board is for?

2. psycho

psycho Member

Yes. I was alluding to your accepting 'what we are being fed' remark. You have little ****ing say in the matter, other then going or not going.

Accepting it/not accepting it is of little consequence. Get on with supporting your ****ing club.

3. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

Accepted Bobby but don't ever talk to me like that.
    Im 56 and have also been through the mill but as a Sunderland supporter it is what we have accepted.
    No i Do not want to be a club just accepting premier league status although it is a start and yes i am frustrated at our failure to compete in either derby game or have a run in the cups.
    All i want is a manager that wants the same as me and sacking Bruce now does no one any favours and who would we replace him with.
    Dont say Mourhrino its Sunderland we are talking about.

4. bonnybobbypark

I dont know who we replace him with, but he isn't the answer. Look at my previous Mitch. I dont think i've been too radical, more realist I would hope. Bruce is not the answer. I think Ellis has big ideas for us - FANTASTIC! Bruce isn't the answer because he has never been where Short wants us, but people like Vialli, Ranieri - even Allaedyce _ have. Buying big name players. I'm not looking to give answers, but I think I'm asking pertinent questions.

5. cuteybuns

cuteybuns Active Member

Hey, how bloody old do you think we are here? We haven't won back-to-back titles since 1892 !!!!!!

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

6. mitchthemakem

Well we all want the same thing but i think Short needs to dig deep in the summer this season has shown how little quality we have in depth althought Colbeck looks a decent kid

7. Me too, a ****ing shambles..

8. andersonhurleymcnab

.. I remember Bobby Park too...
    ;)

9. bonnybobbypark

G6t to be honest. Know the half back line in your name, but only saw Hurley come on against us as a sub for Bolton - but I can say I saw Hurley at Roker Park! Also saw Shackleton (Goalie in a 5-a-side match before Monty's testimonial)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mitchthemakem

One player i would have loved to have seen was Shack

11. Now then psycho..

Were you at snots hall in Gillingham and the old Bloomfield in 87? Maybe as a nipper with dad but not one to pass opinion. I know you were there for the 15 pointer as you posted the on 606 when I did. The point the op is making is he thinks Bruce is a ****er and maybe ****s when he should be learning that good old Macbook Pro thrown in front of him and maybe sussing out the players to buy and the opposition on the internet. In fact the podgy faced cooky doe should maybe take a bit of training? Hey it's all opinions but I'm with him in a sort of way but whatever way it's only the fans talking in a voice and having an opinion..

Be good marra..

12. bonnybobbypark

My dad used to tell me how he would kick the ball pasta player, the player would turn and the ball would bounce, spin, then return to Shack's foot. Id think "yeah dad, ok". Saw him do it! More than once in that little testimonial 5-a-side! Anyone else there?

x

13. bonnybobbypark

Brute Force.............

I think I should say thank you, but............ what are you 2 talking about!

x

14. One Chance Asamoah

Were 11th and can go up too 8th if we beat Wolves at home! Haway mate, im sure you would have took top half at the end of the season and if we win our home game, snatch a point away or even if we lost we would still be finishing in that top half!

15. FFS give your head a shake lad, I'm talking the old 3rd division in 87 & Bruces inability to grasp modern technology..Not being argumentative here but I can be if anyones game..

16. We were 6th in Jan with a 5 point gap? After mediocre performances, Chelsea aside, we have played ****ing awful so whats the remedy you see through Captain Bruce next season?

17. bonnybobbypark

No remedy with Bruce. Like Keane, I think he has taken a genuinely sleeping giant as far as he possibly can. Thank you Steve Bruce, but better is a NECESSITY right now. Now, who can step up? You will have a great wage, 40,000+ supporters and a £50m million budget. Anyone interested?

x

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Are people actually trying to pull rank on people here because someone didn't attend a game before they were born?

Is my opinion invalid because i'm only 30, even though 23 of those years have been spent as a season ticket holder?

I wasn't at Gillingham in 87, as i was 7 years old and didn't go to my first away game till 1990, so therefore am i less of a supporter than someone who was there?

One word, pathetic.

19. bonnybobbypark

I dont think so. I'm just nostalgic! Apologies if I offend anyone, I suppose it is like a badge or medal in longetivity. But I like talking about the old days and old players - Monty, Todd, Bolton, Watson.....see, I'm doin it again! We all love SAFC. I appreciate your opinions and will endevour to be less old fashioned.

x

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Wasn't actually aimed at you mate, i never object to hearing about the greats of out past.

Was the lad saying 'were you at Gillingham blah blah'

Apologies if you misread <ok>