1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BIG SAM GONE...

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fevriul, Sep 27, 2016.

1. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

FFS Only in England can we go out to sabotage our national manager before the qualifying, Jesus Christ we are our biggest enimies.. ah well all hail Steve Bruce! .... :cry:

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Got a funny feeling its going to be Hoddle, two months into the job he converts to Islam, changes his name to Mustafa Screwloose and declares Jihad upon the press for offending his faith by reporting the truth..... (puts on tin hat and hides in the corner).

3. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

Got to be pardew for me.

Tbh though as a brit of nigerian descent, what he got sacked for was pretty tame.

A 6 hour flight and i could teach the FA a thing or two about real corruption :p

fevriul likes this.
  4. Bullet tooth Tony

Agree with the Pardew bit, but alas, what is obvious to the lay man is never what the FA decide upon.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Problem is, pretty much all the really good managers are with top clubs. That leaves just the usual suspects, and when you then make it a British only choice, well.........um ?????? Tough, tough call and an even tougher job whoever gets it.

Blueman likes this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The England managers job will only ever be taken by decent/good managers at the end of their career or very average younger managers.
    It is a poison challis that is likely to destroy any good up-coming managers prospects, leaving them to start again at lower club in an attempt to prove themselves all over again.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

I thought Big Sam had the credentials to handle the poisoned chalice but he has failed his first test, in that he did not recognise the sting from the media. He should have known they would be out to get him, why, well its what they do, and more power to them for exposing corruption or rule bending as this seems to be but in essence is the same. Stupid is, is what stupid does, so this may well turn out to be good for our national team in the long run. Past managers of the England team and other national managers around the world would have and have been protected from these situations by their own FA's, so it is good for us that ours has acted accordingly in this instance. I have recently read the story of the Anderlecht owner bribing the referee to cheat Nottingham Forest out of the European Cup semi final back in the 70's makes you feel sick when you read it, so transparency and adhering to the rules and not circumventing them is paramount. Forza Azurre.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I honestly haven't read more than the headlines about Sam, I know/deduce that he has said the third party ownership veto can be got around, did he offer to do so for them or was he just stating/admitting something we all know?

9. Bullet tooth Tony

He did not know who he was talking to is the point. Further down the line having been a little more successful maybe, what else it he going to accommodate?

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So you think it's all right that everyone knows it happens/is possible as long as nobody admits it outside the circle?

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Diego read my post again I certainly do not think its fine! The point I was making is you have to be clean, no bending of rules and certainly for an England manager. The circle needs to be broken and it could start with this.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

As I said, I have read nothing beyond the headlines. Was he trying to make a deal with them, or just answering questions like "yeah, of course you can get round the third party rule"?
    In fact don't answer that, I will try to read up on it tomorrow as I probably should have done before commenting on it :emoticon-0100-smile

13. george the blue

Was this recently, or past comments before he got the job??

Im braindead from work. Im not reading the telegath at 4 in the morning <sorry>

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He probably had to go. You have to be seen to be whiter than white to be England manager (not to be confused with being a white manager ;) )and he been shown to be naïve and greedy. Feel a little sorry for him as he's basically been entrapped but it leaves a sour taste when someone with one of the greatest jobs in world football, earning millions a year is still chasing after a quick and easy buck.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Don't see any obvious candidates either. Unfortunately we have a situation in this county where the English managers don't get to manage the top clubs so it's hard to know if they are ready.

Far too early for Howe and the likes or Pardew and Bruce have achieved very little really. I like the idea of Hoddle myself. 3rd best win record as England manager and enough time has passed to move on for the non-football related matter he was sacked for. The guy would have us playing football the right way etc. The only issue is that we still don't have players anywhere near the technical standard Hoddle was and he has struggled with that issue before (players not being as good as he was).

If not him, may as well give it to Bruce. He's not working so it won't be a difficult or costly appointment and he seems to want it.

16. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Germany produce wonderful cars Mercedes, Porsche, BMW and VW, Japan Nissan, Honda and Toyota. The UK, ummm??? The former British Leyland and Rover now disappeared as they were poor products. Continental Europe provide managers like Ancellotti, Conte, Trapattoni, Lowe, Klopp, Mourinho, Guadiola, Enery, LVG, Deschamps, Wenger. England ...... Pardew, Bruce, Howe. Like Leyland cars, our football managers are very poor products and will soon be unseen in the PL!!

Maybe the best British manager is Chris Coleman.

DferPolarBear likes this.
  17. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

I was hoping Chris Coleman would be forgotten. I am an International bear, I roam the Arctic with complete disregard for borders and passport control. As for International football, you can keep it. I've never painted my fur or learned all the verses to the National anthem. In fact I think the whole ideas of countries to be stupid. Cavemen no longer need to protect the best hunting grounds. As for managers may I suggest another Welshman, Tony Pulis.

18. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Pulis? God no. <laugh>

It's a chore enough watching England.

19. george the blue

With all due respect my furry friend:

**** THAT.

We can do better than eke out 1-1 draws, which is what he's profficient at.

20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Hoddle for me,knows the game far better than most.
    Would he want it though?

Blueman likes this.