1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Big mig

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Miketyson2007, May 21, 2011.

1. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

So Mig is in demand Scunny,Tranmere and Motherwell all interested...he`l score against us at the valley for sure so hope its motherwell he`s bound for.
    Still guted he`s on his way rediculous decision to release him.
    BOOOOOO

2. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Agreed Mike, despite his occasional shortcomings, this is a bad mistake.

Motherwell - I wonder if Darren Randolph put in a word for him?

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Will always maintain we will never go up with big mig as our starting centre back. A mediocre player who looked of for a few games in a team that was playing rubbish.

4. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

Don't think we decided to release him
    He decided he didn't want to stay

5. Miketyson2007

More chance of going up with mig than daily doc or forts for sure and he isnt wanted by CP thats why he hardly played him...LEAVE THE MIG ALONE

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Good character, Mig. I really liked the way he put an arm round Harriott and spoke to him before he made his debut. We could do with a captain who'd do this sort of thing.

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

If mig played every week he would have been sent off more than daily, and I'm scared to think how many pens he would concede.

Add that to no pace, failure to turn and/or read through balls and we have a very, very average league one defender. Now let's all be honest, are we not worried if we can't find a better defender?

8. Miketyson2007

So in 18 appearances how many goals were directly his fault last season 0...how many pens did he give away..0 how many times was he sent off 0...how many times was he our motm in his last 5 appearances at least 3.
    Same question to old man daily past it doc and sadly a shadow of his former self fortune.

9. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I'm pleased the Big Spaniard is going... At least Mike may now talk about other players for a change.

Dunno what he's going to do about his "I love Big Mig" tattoo though <laugh>.

10. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Big mig has played more than 18 games for the club- if we go by those laws, because BWP didn't score in 7 he is rubbish?

Again, are we not concerned if we can't do better than mig? He looked good in a rubbish team.

12. Franco5

<laugh> nice work Tewks...

13. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

That's the point, SuperC, none of us have any idea what sort of squad we'll be looking at next season. If we get 2 CB's who are better than what we've got now all well and good, but who knows what we'll get? Slater expects an inexperienced manager to put together a squad which will not only get promotion but do well next season, probably on quite a tight budget. So, no pressure there, then?

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Your nit wrong FHB. I've got nothing against mig other than we need better CB's than him. Hopefully we can find a few gems amongst the very large freebie list.

15. Miketyson2007

We are league 1...our recent record of finding gems on frees aint up to much...Doherty foe example.
    He played 18 games this season...or part of.
    After Mig m next in line is..Somedo and he`s more than likely going.
    My concern is everyones going...goodriddance alot of you say but no one as yet coming in.

16. Franco5

Patience Mikey... Once the old crap has been cleared out, the board will set about signing a whole load of new crap to replace them... <laugh>

17. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I'm with Mikey on this. Llera is without a doubt the best CB at the club and I'm gutted that neither Parky nor Powell rated him. He's left footed which adds balance to the defence, he's 6'5 and thus is great in the air, he's a threat from corners, he takes a decent free kick, makes killer longballs and most importantly, gives his all every game. Yes he's slow at turning and error prone, but if he wasn't then he'd be playing at a higher level, and last time I checked, we're a mid-table League One squad, nobody in this league is perfect.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

"He's left footed which adds balance to the defence, he's 6'5 and thus is great in the air, he's a threat from corners, he takes a decent free kick, makes killer longballs and most importantly, gives his all every game"

Sounds more like a play maker- prefer my defenders to have a good reading, positional awareness, being able to run the 100m sprint in under 59seconds and good in the tackle. If big mig is/still the best defender at our club next season, we will remain in league one.

19. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

His positional awareness is decent, and his tackling is decent as well (except against short pacy strikers), as for his speed, how many fast CB's do you know? We have none at the club, and since going down from the Premier League, the only relatively pacy CB we have had is Sam Sodje.

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

His positional awareness is decent when teams play long ball, if not he would constantly be caught playing too high up and one through ball later and ge better pray there were a recovering defender.

As for lack of pacey defender, your right sodje was the only one. Team looked much better in it with him too, wouldn't we agree? If we aspire to players like llera then we will stay in league one- I don't think I'm harsh for saying it either. If he is all we can afford or attract, that will be the big difference.