1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Best day of the year

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deleted #, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I absolutely buzz today. I ****ing love it. Happy 420 kids!

#Legaliseit

20170306_200538.jpg 20170304_221749.jpg 20170326_121011.jpg 20170325_130815.jpg

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

About to spark up mate. All the best. Wouldn't expect much of an educated response around here though. This county is decades behind the rest of the world. This country is actually trying to reclassify it as a Class A. British politics. Always in the dark ages.

Skylarker likes this.
  3. Deleted #

You are joking me?? What useless ****ers.

Everybody around these parts is now using it to treat their loved ones fighting cancer. I honestly thought once the USA opened up to it, we would quickly follow especially because our local police force is pushing to decriminalise/legalise it. They've said nobody using it for personal use will be targeted. I left my joint burning in the aah tray when they came for me last week. They never said a word apart from my house was smelling fruity. They know I smoke it and why I smoke it. They ain't arsed about it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....sed-cannabis-california-colorado-legalisation

Brian Storm likes this.
  4. Brian Storm

Yep, I mean scientists all over the world know nowt mate. But Lord Irrelevant Monson has decided to scapegoat it and the Tories are willing to jump through hoops for him. I mean? They don't know what they're talking about. Skunk is one strain in hundreds of thousands and isn't even that strong. The stain line they're picking on was developed in the 70s<doh>. Shows how out of touch they are when they're using an un used, out of date, quarter of a century old street name.

Peer wins a new ally in his war on skunk: Theresa May suggests there could be a change in the law in letter to Lord Monson
    • Monson’s son Rupert Green, 21, killed himself after becoming addicted to skunk
    • Tragically his older son Alexander, 28, reportedly died in drugs overdose in 2012
    • Monson has begun crusade to have potent skunk reclassified as a class A drug
    • Theresa May has written to him, suggesting there could be a change in the law
    By SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 01:13, 13 April 2017 | UPDATED: 01:57, 13 April 2017

410shares

View comments

When aristocratic writer Nicholas Monson’s 21-year-old son Rupert Green killed himself earlier this year after becoming addicted to skunk cannabis, he vowed that he would not let the youngster’s death be in vain.

The hereditary peer began a crusade to have the highly potent skunk reclassified as a class A drug and, I can reveal, he has now won a very important ally.

Theresa May has written to Lord Monson expressing her deepest sympathy over Rupert’s death and apparently suggesting there could be a change in the law.

please log in to view this image

+4

+4

Lord Monson's 21-year-old son Rupert Green (left) killed himself earlier this year after becoming addicted to skunk cannabis. Tragically, Monson's elder son, Alexander (right), died in 2012 in police custody in Kenya aged 28, after being arrested on suspicion of smoking cannabis

‘I am greatly encouraged by the Prime Minister’s extremely fulsome letter,’ he tells me.

‘In it, she talks about the misuse of drugs and refers specifically to skunk, which, I think, is a first in an official letter of this kind.

‘She shares my concerns. I’m scenting a wind of change in official thinking.

'Previously, the drug has always just been bracketed under the term “cannabis”. Skunk is up to 12 times stronger and should be treated differently.’

+4
    Theresa May has written to Lord Monson apparently suggesting there could be a change in the law to have the highly potent skunk reclassified as a class A drug

Tragically, Monson also lost his elder son, Alexander, in 2012.

He died in police custody in Kenya at the age of 28, after being arrested on suspicion of smoking cannabis.

Monson has spent the five years since trying to prove that his son was battered to death by a police officer, while the Kenyan authorities have repeatedly blamed Alexander’s death on a drug overdose.

‘The letter was a real surprise, because I did not know Theresa May and had never spoken to her. She wrote to me out of the blue to express her sympathy over Rupert and Alexander’s deaths. I was very touched.’

Rupert, a biology student at Essex University who used the surname of his mother Karen Green, had suffered from psychosis after becoming addicted to skunk. He had previously been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Monson adds: ‘Theresa May has said she will follow my correspondence with the Home Office on this subject with interest.’

Read the comments though. Plenty of people get it ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4407108/Lord-Monson-wins-new-ally-war-skunk.html

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I've got a 30ml vial of pure THC that has so far had about $450k worth of research done on it. Being regularly prescribed for PTSD with absolutely staggering results.

The U.K. Will be forced to accept it.

Deleted and Brian Storm like this.
  6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

#legaliseit absolutely agree with you all. Not a smoker of any type of "drug" as they classify it but hell I've seen what difference it can make to people's lives - mate is 34 and riddled with arthritis. He couldn't have got through college and uni without the stuff. I saw what he as like prior to using it and he wouldnt leave the house. He manages here at the NHS now.

I did it over in Holland when I was younger and it was great fun but no more for me now I have kids and stuff but I ave zero issues with anyone else doing it

7. Brian Storm

It's a wonder plant. But how can it's pros and cons be understood generally if they lock it out?

8. Deleted #

To use cannabis properly and to get its benefits, first of a you have to respect it as a medicine. Sitting toking joint after joint, day after day, will probably leave you in a bigger mess than you started with. I know because it took me years to get to where I am today with it.

I can easily go for a month or so now, without a joint. I smoke it when I feel my mood is up and down, then almost immediately my mood is stabilised. I don't like smoking it for more than 4 or 5 days now, without taking a break.

I've found what works best for me, and other people will hopefully be doing the same thing. Each to their own, though.

As for making it a class A. Good luck with that one, I see your average Joe talking about it daily now and about its benefits. People up and down the country are using to treat cancer and other illnesses. They'll be hell on, trust me.

Burly Hurley likes this.
  9. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

I haven't smoked it regularly for years. Woke up on the couch one night after a sesh in the local with burn marks all over the couch from the spliff I'd lit up. I could've gone up in flames that night and never known a thing. Still enjoy the odd toke, but handle with care!

10. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I lost a mate that way.

Burned to death on his settee, stoned out of his face.

11. Deleted #

I've heard you saying that before...

Sorry to hear, that's awful.

12. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Wouldnt surprise me if the change was to legalise it so the Govt get there cut of the taxes.

13. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear that, mate. There, but for the grace of God...

14. Brian Storm

It requires infrastructure. That and Tories don't mix. It won't happen under one of their Governments. Even if another party was in it would depend on the leader.

15. Deleted #

They should legalise yesterday for prescribed medicinal users.

Before they open it up fully and legalise it, I'd like to see education come first, otherwise, all you'll have is **** loads of money coming into a new industry and a load of messed up stoners bringing other industries down.

Like anything else, used correctly or at least in moderation. It's fine.

Brian Storm likes this.
  16. Brian Storm

Agreed, we need it first decriminalising back to a class c for a while so that we can do our own research and prepare properly for legalisation. We're so far behind it could be a decade or more before it happens. As class b, research freedom is limited i do believe

Deleted likes this.
  17. Brian Storm

A few articles highlighting the strain that prohibition puts on underfunded police forces in regards to slavery and human trafficking. Legalising would create an industry and enable people to grow in small quantities which would virtually wipe any chance out this miracle plant causing more slavery in this country. What is more the quality of the product would improve as well as make tailor made grows using strains designed to target specific illness.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...eenagers-tending-uk-cannabis-farms-vietnamese

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-vietnamese-cannabis-farmers?CMP=share_btn_tw

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/27/modern-slavery-on-uk-cannabis-farms

Cash cropping ruins lives and the present laws enable it to happen.

Deleted likes this.
  18. Tel (they/them)

Many of the best strains have been identified for hundreds of years, technology and legalisation is allowing people to manipulate the compound structure of each strain during decarboxylation process, some of the data I've seen is beyond belief.

Brian Storm likes this.
  19. Brian Storm

So you're close to the research mate. Super Drug? Have our governments been missing a trick these last few decades in your professional opinion?

20. Tel (they/them)

It's not even a debate mate. It's proven more times to be a success than many other mainstream 'drugs'.

The problem is regulating it, it's a mine field trying to control it once it is legal. Of course a good place to start would be clinical trials, exclusively.

The main issue is that everybody reacts to it differently, but we have seen patterns beginning to emerge with several different strains.

I think eventually it will become prescribed to help with cancer sufferers. Not as an exclusive treatment but certainly for particular things, like appetite, pain management and stress/anxiety.

Brian Storm likes this.
: Legaliseit